Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dear Father, Dear Son - Formerly Trayce Thompson

tinselwolverine

I thought I had started a thread about him when he came from the Tigers organization to the Dodgers, but I can?t find it.

Anyway, he has started the season with a .750 BA, and an OPS of 3.75. On pace to hit 162 home runs and drive in 432 and score 162 himself.

I wonder in he can keep it up?

Last edited:
He has 3 more HRs than the Tigers.

I don?t think they ever even brought him up to the show.

I was somewhat of a fan of the Showtime Lakers, who Trayce?s dad Mychal played for, until the Pistons started to make the NBA finals back in the day. Mychal has become a pretty big time radio personality since then. He?s pretty entertaining.

Him lighting it up in Toledo and not getting a shot with the worst offense in the mlb and instead being traded for cash was truly the cherry on top of the Avila era.

I don?t think they ever even brought him up to the show.

I was somewhat of a fan of the Showtime Lakers, who Trayce?s dad Mychal played for, until the Pistons started to make the NBA finals back in the day. Mychal has become a pretty big time radio personality since then. He?s pretty entertaining.

oh...he's Clay Thompson's brother?

oh...he's Clay Thompson's brother?

He is.

I guess that?s pretty well known in my neck of the woods, maybe not so much everywhere.

There?s an older brother who was in the NBA for a short time.

Dad Mychal has been the radio voice of the Lakers for years, color analysis.

About to be two decades.

So that family is a pretty big deal out my, and will be even bigger if Trayce can keep up that production for the Dodgers.

The .750 BA, the 3.75 OPS, the 162 HRs and runs scored might be achievable.

The 432 RBI? That?s not directly in his control - depends on how well the hitters ahead of him are able to get on base.

He is.

I guess that?s pretty well known in my neck of the woods, maybe not so much everywhere.

There?s an older brother who was in the NBA for a short time.

Dad Mychal has been the radio voice of the Lakers for years, color analysis.

About to be two decades.

So that family is a pretty big deal out my, and will be even bigger if Trayce can keep up that production for the Dodgers.

The .750 BA, the 3.75 OPS, the 162 HRs and runs scored might be achievable.

The 432 RBI? That?s not directly in his control - depends on how well the hitters ahead of him are able to get on base.
There's really only a 60% chance he's going to hit that many HRs.

There's really only a 60% chance he's going to hit that many HRs.

Yeah, the cyber metrics say that?s about right.

If he hits 60% of that number, that?s 97 HR.

60% of the RBI number is about 260 RBI.

BA only .450.

2.250 OPS.

All in all, still not a bad year.

Dodger fans would probably be pleased.

So would his dad.

His four time NBA champion brother might give him a little shit about the drop off.

Brothers can be competitive like that.

"Trayce Thompson has a .375 average this season and a .223 average over his career."

Source: Baseball Reference.

"Trayce Thompson has a .375 average this season and a .223 average over his career."

Source: Baseball Reference.

Oh. I guess those were just the stats for the one game. I didn?t know the guy had played in any other games but the one.

The guy is Ron Kittle and the Sox cut him.

I don?t know who that is so he can?t have been that big of a deal.

Looks like Kittle hit over 30 HR twice and over 20 four times. Not Babe Ruth but also not nothing.

Trayce is far more famous for his multiple NBA champion dad and brother than he is for anything he did on the baseball field - but he did have a three homer, 8 RBI game Saturday.

So it was a good.

Also, as Ice Cube would say, no homies got smoked and no hos got smacked.

It was a good day.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=ice+cube+today+was+a+good+day

I?ve been looking for this thread. It was on the MLB General Board. Duh.

So?in the words of ESPN 710 Los Angeles and Lakers play by play radio announcer John Ireland, also at ESPN 710 Los Angeles??what a fortunate moment we find ourselves in.?

So the multi-year - really multi decade - radio color analyst and two time NBA Champion Mychal Thompson will be on the Lakers radio-cast, as the team he broadcasts for takes on the team his son, four time NBA Champion Klay Thompson, to advance to the Western Conference Finals.

I haven?t cared about the NBA this much since Bad Boy Bill Lambeer and Bad Boy Rick Mahorn were taking turns throwing elbows into Mychal Thompson?s throat.

I don?t know who that is so he can?t have been that big of a deal.

Looks like Kittle hit over 30 HR twice and over 20 four times. Not Babe Ruth but also not nothing.

Trayce is far more famous for his multiple NBA champion dad and brother than he is for anything he did on the baseball field - but he did have a three homer, 8 RBI game Saturday.

So it was a good.

Also, as Ice Cube would say, no homies got smoked and no hos got smacked.

It was a good day.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=ice+cube+today+was+a+good+day
Kittle had some nice seasons, won ROTY and played 10 seasons. Better than most.

Oh, yeah.

Two 30 homer seasons and four 20 homer seasons?

Way better than most.

I just never heard of him.

IMO, Kittle was a part-time player with a career WAR of 5.2. A power hitter who couldn't really hit, and his power kept him in the league too long. Four teams in 10 seasons indicates a one-note player. 1983, 88 and 1990 were his only run-productive seasons.

IMO, Kittle was a part-time player with a career WAR of 5.2. A power hitter who couldn't really hit, and his power kept him in the league too long. Four teams in 10 seasons indicates a one-note player. 1983, 88 and 1990 were his only run-productive seasons.

Okay.

I guess he was a scrub with more HR power than other scrubs.

The most successful scrub in MLB history was I think Bret Barberie.

Six years in the MLB - doesn?t that equal some guaranteed $? - but what made him successful was HE ended up collecting alimony!!

A big league ball player who collects alimony? That?s gotta be some kind of record.

Back