Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Derrick Rose to Pistons on 2 year deal

nsonnett14

Expected to be announced as soon as free agency starts ...hey i'll def take that , he had a pretty good bounce back year and looked alot like his old self ! Plus it should bounce Reggie to backup unless they use Rose as SG or vice versa . Reggie has one more year left and the Ish is a free agent

Last edited:
Again, none of this stuff matters until big people are moved. I wish this organization didn't keep thinking they are a small addition/subtraction away.

I will FINALLY be excited about the Pistons when I see the words "Andre/Reggie traded to..."

Again, none of this stuff matters until big people are moved. I wish this organization didn't keep thinking they are a small addition/subtraction away.

I will FINALLY be excited about the Pistons when I see the words "Andre/Reggie traded to..."

Oh god you again , you were so annoying to read during the draft . " Sekou who ?? " ...clueless bro , Reggie has 1 year left and the Ish is FA . Id rather they dump Reggie too and sign Ish as backup to Rose . However , Ish is prob gone now and i think Reggie could either be 6th man , or they might even use Reggie and Rose together like Minny did with Rose and Teague ...

I like the deal. I hope it makes the Pistons better. They are not going to trade Drummond or Blake maybe they found a taker for Jackson? Jackson did play all 82 games last season whatever that means. First time he has ever done that. I freaking Knew the Dumbass Lakers needed to dump salary because they didn?t wait a few days. I think we could have gotten Wagner really cheap. Hopefully he finds his game in a year or two.

Man Rose played great last year. He only played 51 games last season was that by design or was he banged up like he always is?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rosede01.html

Last edited:

I just do not think AD or Blake will be traded any time soon. Maybe we found a taker for Jackson but even if we didn?t we only have his contract for one more season.

I like the deal. I hope it makes the Pistons better. They are not going to trade Drummond or Blake maybe they found a taker for Jackson? Jackson did play all 82 games last season whatever that means. First time he has ever done that. I freaking Knew the Dumbass Lakers needed to dump salary because they didn?t wait a few days. I think we could have gotten Wagner really cheap. Hopefully he finds his game in a year or two.

Man Rose played great last year. He only played 51 games last season was that by design or was he banged up like he always is?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rosede01.html

I know he had some ankle injury and then in March he was done for the year with elbow surgery. He's just not a durable player.

I know he had some ankle injury and then in March he was done for the year with elbow surgery. He's just not a durable player.

Yeah that is the only thing I worry about is he is hurt all of the time sadly. He played great when he was healthy last season.

Oh god you again , you were so annoying to read during the draft . " Sekou who ?? " ...clueless bro , Reggie has 1 year left and the Ish is FA . Id rather they dump Reggie too and sign Ish as backup to Rose . However , Ish is prob gone now and i think Reggie could either be 6th man , or they might even use Reggie and Rose together like Minny did with Rose and Teague ...

And... That worked out well for Minnesota? Did I fall asleep when they were winning a bunch of games?

I'll be more specific. This team ain't going anywhere until the owner stops being buddies with Drummond and moves him out of town.

I just do not think AD or Blake will be traded any time soon. Maybe we found a taker for Jackson but even if we didn?t we only have his contract for one more season.

from what I understand next year's FA class is shitty. I could see if a team wanted to take on an expiring contract if next year's class was great...

Reggie sucks. The Pistons would have to take on equally shitty players in return. They are better off just keeping him and letting him go next year.

As far as Blake and AD...nobody would give anything of value for them. AD is overrated and Blake is just an aging, overpriced player on the decline.

from what I understand next year's FA class is shitty. I could see if a team wanted to take on an expiring contract if next year's class was great...

Reggie sucks. The Pistons would have to take on equally shitty players in return. They are better off just keeping him and letting him go next year.

As far as Blake and AD...nobody would give anything of value for them. AD is overrated and Blake is just an aging, overpriced player on the decline.

I agree with you. You are right . One more year I guess of Jackson. I just worry that Rose will get hurt like he always does.

Not exactly shitty ...https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2020/

And Blake just had one of his best seasons ever and stayed healthy , so how is he an aging , overpriced player on the decline ?

Last edited:
Maybe getting Rose to sign will show other potential free agents that Detroit is trying to win again? Yeah he is injury prone which I hate but I think it is a gamble the Pistons probably have to take. Plus it is only for 2 years. If we can manage his minutes keep him as healthy as possible we have to take the gamble and sign him. His numbers were really good last season.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what a list of baseball managers has to do with anything here but ok.

And Blake just had one of his best seasons ever and stayed healthy , so how is he an aging , overpriced player on the decline ?

Blake had a great regular season but expecting that to be the norm for the rest of his contract is blind homerism at best, short sighted ignorance at worst. Blake Griffin's cap hit is in the top 10 of the NBA until 2022, he is not a top 10 player. It's unreasonable to think his best seasons will come after 30 years of age. He's overpaid, it's pretty simple.

Maybe getting Rose to sign will show other potential free agents that Detroit is trying to win again? Yeah he is injury prone which I hate but I think it is a gamble the Pistons probably have to take. Plus it is only for 2 years. If we can manage his minutes keep him as healthy as possible we have to take the gamble and sign him. His numbers were really good last season.

I don't think it's been a secret that Detroit has been in 'win now' mode. Gores bought this team with no intention of rebuilding. He'd have shipped Andre/Reggie and not traded for Griffin if that wasn't the case. Players don't come here because they're not close to contending and it's not a destination.

I'm not sure what a list of baseball managers has to do with anything here but ok.

Blake had a great regular season but expecting that to be the norm for the rest of his contract is blind homerism at best, short sighted ignorance at worst. Blake Griffin's cap hit is in the top 10 of the NBA until 2022, he is not a top 10 player. It's unreasonable to think his best seasons will come after 30 years of age. He's overpaid, it's pretty simple.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2020/... some reason it didnt copy last time and pasted the last thing i had copied lol

And everyone said how Blake was a bum , couldnt stay healthy , over the hill blah blah blah before last year . Why would we not expect for him to keep playing at a high level ? Look at some of the contracts these players on that list have , everyone is overpaid . Allen Crabbe makes 18 mill/ year !! It's insane

Last edited:
The money will determine what we should really think of this deal, but I see two general outcomes.

1) This is a fine deal that doesn't much move the needle. Rose's three point shooting reverts to normal (for him) and he fits into our system almost exactly as Reggie does. He comes off the bench, provides adequate shot creation and adequate passing that the team desperately needs more of. But, his continuously poor defense will make what he brings a wash, and the team will be about the same as it was with Ish.

2) This becomes a really good deal because Rose's shooting continues and he ups his volume. It opens up the spacing we desperately need. He is still the primary backup, but also finds value playing alongside Reggie in offense-oriented lineups. The team improves by 5 wins simply from greater consistency on offense (both better overall shooting and less bouts of stagnation).

I think 1 is far more likely than 2, but I don't see how this could really be bad unless the money is exorbitant. As long as we are paying for the player Rose IS, and not the player he once was, it should be fine.

The money will determine what we should really think of this deal, but I see two general outcomes.

1) This is a fine deal that doesn't much move the needle. Rose's three point shooting reverts to normal (for him) and he fits into our system almost exactly as Reggie does. He comes off the bench, provides adequate shot creation and adequate passing that the team desperately needs more of. But, his continuously poor defense will make what he brings a wash, and the team will be about the same as it was with Ish.

2) This becomes a really good deal because Rose's shooting continues and he ups his volume. It opens up the spacing we desperately need. He is still the primary backup, but also finds value playing alongside Reggie in offense-oriented lineups. The team improves by 5 wins simply from greater consistency on offense (both better overall shooting and less bouts of stagnation).

I think 1 is far more likely than 2, but I don't see how this could really be bad unless the money is exorbitant. As long as we are paying for the player Rose IS, and not the player he once was, it should be fine.

It will most likely be part the mid level exception of 9.2 million considering we are already over the cap ...other money we have is he biannual exception of 3.6 million , but i seriously doubt he signs for that low .

So if that's the case , that's not a whole lot of money at least .

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2020/... some reason it didnt copy last time and pasted the last thing i had copied lol

And everyone said how Blake was a bum , couldnt stay healthy , over the hill blah blah blah before last year . Why would we not expect for him to keep playing at a high level ? Look at some of the contracts these players on that list have , everyone is overpaid . Allen Crabbe makes 18 mill/ year !! It's insane

It's because he is on the wrong side of 30. How many more seasons do you think Blake will bust his ass for this franchise before saying, OK get me out of town?

Serious question here.. Why do anyone here like the NBA any more? The way the NBA is these days you need multiple max contract stars. Most teams won't have a chance to compete Will the Pistons ever win again? I mean if you get a good player they get tired losing and quickly want to leave. The NBA is starting to wear on me.

Back