Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions FA Thread

I hadn't really thought about taking Lewan at 10 to be honest. I really liked Waddle last year but Lewan would still be a huge upgrade. Plus I still think Reiff is more of a RT and Lewan will be a very good LT. But we still had one of the top OLs last year so I don't necessarily see the need at Tackle. However, we need to take a center in round 3 or 4 this year. I still hate the idea of trading up for Watkins, I am really struggling seeing the top end value of missing out on a high pick. The draft is to damn far away they need to change it back this was a terrible idea.

in order for staff to get better hes going to need longer than the 2 seconds he got the ball out in last year. I cant knock the oline cause they did a great job for the most part....but the fact their play could have been masked by how fast staffords release was should be atleast a concern. can they hold up the same in a more traditional drop and read offense? If its take 2 steps and sling it to CJ or dump it down again this year than don't expect much improvement from Stafford this year. Waddle had some down games toward the end of the year. Id have no problem getting a for sure upgrade at that position. reiff warlord sims were solid. Crayola had a nice bounce back year....he should buy warlord a watch.

in order for staff to get better hes going to need longer than the 2 seconds he got the ball out in last year. I cant knock the oline cause they did a great job for the most part....but the fact their play could have been masked by how fast staffords release was should be atleast a concern. can they hold up the same in a more traditional drop and read offense? If its take 2 steps and sling it to CJ or dump it down again this year than don't expect much improvement from Stafford this year. Waddle had some down games toward the end of the year. Id have no problem getting a for sure upgrade at that position. reiff warlord sims were solid. Crayola had a nice bounce back year....he should buy warlord a watch.

I think Waddle played hurt late in the year and they also tried the Fox experiment again. I would be fine upgrading that position. Stafford though just lost confidence and started holding the ball forever and then slinging it late. The oline gave him time he was getting more than 5 seconds routinely. I didn't see many if any jailbreaks last year. But the LTs this year are good enough to look at.

The two seconds wasn't the fault of the OL at all. $taff sees a guy and throws. Whether he's rushed or not.

The two seconds wasn't the fault of the OL at all. $taff sees a guy and throws. Whether he's rushed or not.

correct...I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was the olines fault....I just was saying I don't know if they can block for any longer cause they never had to lol.

Possibly. And I think Reiff would probably be a better RT, He does have that FB experience :hehe:. I still like Gilbert though..if it does take 3 years for the light to hit a CB, by that time Houston will probably be gone - and him and Slay could be something.

Unfortunately it doesn't help as much this year.

I'm not sold on Gilbert. I think the idea of having an athlete at CB like him is amazing but the overall play he provides is below what you expect from an athlete like him.

I'm not sold on Gilbert. I think the idea of having an athlete at CB like him is amazing but the overall play he provides is below what you expect from an athlete like him.

Well I'm not up on all these college guys and hear different opinions. Some like him and some don't. Like its been mentioned before, the draft might be deep but only a handle of elite players. And though I'm not big on trading up for a WR I'd be stoked if we get Watkins. And more so if we got Clowney.

If we can't or don't trade up I prefer to trade down but that's never easy..

Clowney would be a bigger addition than Watkins. Watkins is good athletically and I think can be a good player in the mold of roddy white but Clowney has got something a little extra. im not sure exactly how good he will be but it could be great.

Clowney would be a bigger addition than Watkins. Watkins is good athletically and I think can be a good player in the mold of roddy white but Clowney has got something a little extra. im not sure exactly how good he will be but it could be great.

Roddy White has almost 5,000 yards receiving and 28 TDs since 2010....gimme some of that.

:rush:

Roddy White has almost 5,000 yards receiving and 28 TDs since 2010....gimme some of that.

I still don't know if we have a qb that can get more than 1 WR involved in a game. Calvin or dump down was the mantra of the linehan offense. Lomabardi has a lot of work to do if hes going to turn Stafford into brees in 1 offseason.

Last edited:

I definitely don't disagree. I was definitely using it as a positive. Roddy White is a heck of a player. I dont think it matters what anyone thinks. Watkins will be a Lion unless Mayhew can't manage to get it done.

Have you sat in the war room with mayhew? Were you the one telling him to piss away picks in the best leshoure deals? To pick a nutcase and a 4th string cripple in back to back years at wr? Deal up for whitehead just so we can cut Hogue....so whitehead could be our 5th string lb instead and we can lose 2 picks lol. Its not "blind hatred" when a person in the position hes in continues to fuck up this roster every year. Avril debacle he got burnt, schwartz extension, mike thomas, overpaying nate and kvb to be glorified cheerleaders. Then the first year xanders is here we nail the draft from top to bottom....for the first time...ever. and im supposed to chalk that up to a coincidence? Mayhew sucks at his job. If you want to talk about being blind ill point to each one of you that cant see his record since hes been here lol. In a league full a parity...we've picked top 15 how many times since hes been here? Nice job mayhew!

I can debate a lot of the points you had but there isn't really any reason too because for every good thing Mayhew has done, he does something completely stupid like the whitehead trade. I've never been a Mayhew supporter nor will I ever be, but he does have to get a little bit of credit for making the picks, can't give all the praise to Xanders, if he does or does not deserve it. I for one wish we would have fired Mayhew along with Schwartz and just hired Xanders to run shit.

I definitely don't disagree. I was definitely using it as a positive. Roddy White is a heck of a player. I dont think it matters what anyone thinks. Watkins will be a Lion unless Mayhew can't manage to get it done.

every year we have to hear how mayhew passed up on a trade or tried to move up and couldn't get it done. Im not assuming anything til we turn our card in.

Even if theyre in talks I think STL will do everything it can to protect itself. I would assume theyd take Watkins and wait to see if we get their guy at 10 they want....then pull the trigger on trading the players. Mayhew bends over like that....

every year we have to hear how mayhew passed up on a trade or tried to move up and couldn't get it done. Im not assuming anything til we turn our card in.

Even if theyre in talks I think STL will do everything it can to protect itself. I would assume theyd take Watkins and wait to see if we get their guy at 10 they want....then pull the trigger on trading the players. Mayhew bends over like that....

You hardly see trades like that anymore..and if that player isn't there at 10 - the Rams miss an opportunity to trade with another team.

You hardly see trades like that anymore..and if that player isn't there at 10 - the Rams miss an opportunity to trade with another team.

Getting "stuck" with watkins isn't a bad thing. Especially since hes a target of theirs.

Back