Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions - Team Notes

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...17/07/19/niyo-lions-face-lift-fans/103850014/
As attendance dips, Lions gussy up Ford Field for $100M.
Detnews

Lions attendance
Attendance for Lions games at Ford Field since 2012, with average attendance (league rank in parentheses) and percent capacity (league rank in parentheses):

2012: 63,769 average (22nd), 98.9 percent (14th)

2013: 63,796 average (24th), 98.9 percent (16th)

2014: 63,024 average (23rd), 97.7 percent (18th)

2015: 61,347 average (29th), 94.4 percent (23rd)

2016: 60,792 average (27th), 94.3 percent (21st)

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...rterback/7af40aa2-8018-4747-99df-75690065c2c9
2017 training camp preview: Quarterback.
Lions.com

By the numbers:
15: The 15 giveaways (10 interceptions and five fumbles) by the Lions last season were the fewest in a single season for the club since 1940. Stafford?s 10 interceptions set a new franchise low record.

109: Career games it took Stafford to surpass 30,000 passing yards, the fewest games ever in NFL history.

8: Stafford engineered eight come-from-behind wins in the fourth quarter or overtime last season, the most in NFL history in a single season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/20/n...ron-rivera-dave-gettleman-firing-marty-hurney
MMQB

Matthew Stafford has next. All that math we just detailed? It?s why Cousins is carrying the hammer that Derek Carr didn?t really have to change the way quarterbacks are paid. And maybe Cousins eventually will swing that hammer and wreck the market?that is, if Matthew Stafford doesn?t do it first. In June, Lions president Rod Wood told ESPN, ?It?s going to be whatever it takes, I think, to make it happen from both sides. And whether he becomes the highest-paid or not, it?ll be a short-lived designation because, as [GM Bob Quinn] said, and I think it?s true, if you?re the top whatever of quarterbacks, when your time comes up, your time comes up, and then somebody else?s time comes up, and they become the highest [paid].? Take those comments, and fast-forward a month, and the easy thing to do is point to Carr?s $25 million-per-year megadeal as the standard bearer. The problem with that? Stafford?s franchise tag number for 2017 is $26.4 million, which means the total to tag him twice would by $58.08 million and makes it reasonable for him to ask for a deal closer to $30 million per. Will he? He could, and change the price tag for quarterbacks that way. Or he could compromise and set precedents that would help players in other ways going forward. This, in fact, is how the paradigm on guaranteed contracts could change (more on that later): A player like Stafford says, O.K., since you don?t want to go to that number, how about guaranteeing my money into the fourth year of that deal, or just fully guaranteeing a shorter deal so I get another shot at this in my 30s? The bottom line is that the leverage Stafford has to ask for a bigger chunk of his team?s cap than others can give him a powerful bargaining chip. It?ll be interesting to see how he uses it.

Back