Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Tigers Minor League Notes

dbpguy said:
mjsb2 said:
Walk rate is 15% in August, and got his season walk rate up to 7.6% which is solid.

Hopefully next year he can get that to the 10% mark, while keeping his K-Rate in the low 20's like it's been since June,

I would like to see what he can do in full season ball to start next year. A West Michigan assignment would not only challenge him, but would allow me to get out to see him more.

Castellanos is in West Michigan, he'll be in Lakeland next year.

Did you mean to quote our discussion on Vazquez?

Tigers are pretty aggressive with their players, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Vazquez join the Whitecaps at some point next season.

mjsb2 said:
dbpguy said:
I would like to see what he can do in full season ball to start next year. A West Michigan assignment would not only challenge him, but would allow me to get out to see him more.

Castellanos is in West Michigan, he'll be in Lakeland next year.

Did you mean to quote our discussion on Vazquez?

Tigers are pretty aggressive with their players, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Vazquez join the Whitecaps at some point next season.

Most likely a move to Lakeland.
I guess, not sure what you mean, and that sounds like a good promotion to see how he adjusts.

Just found out that Jon Matlack has been let go as Detroit's minor-league pitching coordinator. Class act who will be missed.
no reason yet. story to follow.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Just found out that Jon Matlack has been let go as Detroit's minor-league pitching coordinator. Class act who will be missed.

That is strange
shocked.gif

jdeb said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Just found out that Jon Matlack has been let go as Detroit's minor-league pitching coordinator. Class act who will be missed.

That is strange
shocked.gif

Lots of mixed responses both in and out of the Tigers organization to the news that pitching coordinator John Matlack has been let go.
Continuation of what's expected to be lots of turnover.

Tigers usually keep tight lips about this sort of thing.
Remember Glenn Ezell minor league co-ordiantor of player development was let go a couple of years back. Up to now Tigers media sites quiet.

Arizona Fall League : Casey Crosby, Matt Hoffman, Tyler Stohr for pitchers. Will Rhymes and Danny Worth the position players.
Rob Brantly also among Tigers prospects on AFL roster just released by MLB.

http://www.detroitbaseballpage.com/farm-report/45-updates/361-tigers-gcl-year-in-review
Tigers Gulf Coast League in review.
from detroitbaseballpage

Danry Vasquez and other young Tigers mentioned here. What I want to add is I read the overall slugging average of players in the league is around .350 exactly what Danry V. slugged.
I think, as the writer here and other Tigers sites think, he will make a move to Low A West Michigan for 2012.

jdeb said:
[color=#006400 said:

That is strange
shocked.gif

NOT strange when you cite potential versus production out of our pitching staffs in the Tigers entire minor league system. Lots of questionable calls / decisions / assignments....etc.

Back