Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

How the Lions land Chase Young:

1) Lose the rest of their games. This should be obvious, but it's very important. There are a LOT of bad teams this year, and that tie with Arizona means the team can't afford any more wins. I actually thought this was impossible before Sunday, but here we are. Note that losing out guarantees Denver reaches 4 wins.

2) New York beats both Miami and Washington on it's schedule. The Giants have their QB of the future and the makings of an offense. There is just no way they pass on Young, so they NEED to get to 4 wins. Luckily, they still have two of the worst teams in the league on their schedule.

3) Atlanta wins one of it's remaining games (home vs Panthers, home vs Jaguars, and @Buccaneers are the best candidates). Atlanta is still trying, and still have a good QB. That should be enough to reach 4 wins.

4) The Redskins go full on Redskins in the offseason. Look, this is a terrible team, and they aren't likely to win another game this season, much less two. BUT, they are also arguably the worst run team in all of American sports. This may be the most luck-based of the scenarios, but not actually that hard to fathom. Haskins has been a train wreck, and there are likely to be 3 higher rated QBs this year. Even if they don't want to move on from their current QB, there will be several teams willing to trade up for one.

Draft Order:
1) Bengals - Taking a QB, no question
2) Dolphins - Taking a QB, no question
3) Redskins - They'll need to fall in love with Herbert, but remember Herbert was arguably the top QB prospect last year, and has had a much better year as a senior. If Arizona could flip Josh Rosen (10th overall) before his second year, the Redskins can do the same with Haskins.
4) Lions - **Chase Young**

The thing is regardless where we pick one player won't do anything for. Trade back and then trade back again.

The thing is regardless where we pick one player won't do anything for. Trade back and then trade back again.

Wrong

Chase Young would instantly give us a pass rush.

One player can make a difference.

But we have no shot at him, so yes, trade back if we can pick up an additional 2nd

Yeah get Young If he falls but other then that accumulate draft picks if at all possible.

We're not getting Young unless we're #2 overall and even then it might not happen. Young is probably going #1 overall. He's literally a game changing type player....

Wrong

Chase Young would instantly give us a pass rush.

One player can make a difference.

But we have no shot at him, so yes, trade back if we can pick up an additional 2nd

We're not a pass rush from winning playoff games.

We're not getting Young unless we're #2 overall and even then it might not happen. Young is probably going #1 overall. He's literally a game changing type player....

i think Burrow to Cinci is a lock at #1.
Probably a 70% chance Tua goes to MIA at #2.
Washington in my opinion goes Chase Young at #3.

Lose out so hard now. Lost season without stafford

Pass rush, best offensive tackle, best cb. All good options

Lions could draft every one of the first 15 players in the draft and still stink three years from now. The organization should just simply fold or move to Tierra Del Fuego.

i think Burrow to Cinci is a lock at #1.
Probably a 70% chance Tua goes to MIA at #2.
Washington in my opinion goes Chase Young at #3.

You could be right bro. I was basically thinking something similar lol. Cincy will probably go Burrows. Tua to Miami tho? Major hip injury and ankle problems? I'm not feeling it but he has a long time to heal. Young to the 'Skins at #3 is a steal and I honestly feel Young is still the surefire #1. Even over Burrows....

Lions could draft every one of the first 15 players in the draft and still stink three years from now. The organization should just simply fold or move to Tierra Del Fuego.

For shits n giggles heres my mock and our starting O and D would be if we got the first 15 picks in the draft:

1 Chase Young 3-4 OLB
2 Joe Burrow QB
3 Andrew Thomas OT
4 Jerry Jeudy WR
5 Grant Delpit S
6 Jeff Okudah CB
7 Kenneth Murray MLB
8 Derrick Brown 3-4 DE
9 Cee Dee Lamb WR cause why not..
10 D'Andre Swift RB
11 Travon Diggs CB
12 Austin Jackson OT
13 Shane Lemiuex G
14 Alec Leatherwood G
15 Troy Dye Cover LB

Decker Lemiuex Ragnow Leatherwood Thomas
Jeudy Jones Burrow Swift Hockenson Golladay

Brown Snacks Flowers
Young Tavaii Murray Dye
Okudah Delpit Walker Diggs

So pretty much if i had the choice id keep 8 starters from our current roster lol and 3 of those are WR/TE. Im only keeping Hockenson...well i really dont know why id keep Hockenson i guess cause hes a rookie and id hope to see some improvement. Like...maybe in year 2 he catches touchdowns instead of drops them all.

Trading Stafford, Wagner and Slay. Poof 30% of my salary is back.

Last edited:
For shits n giggles heres my mock and our starting O and D would be if we got the first 15 picks in the draft:

1 Chase Young 3-4 OLB
2 Joe Burrow QB
3 Andrew Thomas OT
4 Jerry Jeudy WR
5 Grant Delpit S
6 Jeff Okudah CB
7 Kenneth Murray MLB
8 Derrick Brown 3-4 DE
9 Cee Dee Lamb WR cause why not..
10 D'Andre Swift RB
11 Travon Diggs CB
12 Austin Jackson OT
13 Shane Lemiuex G
14 Alec Leatherwood G
15 Troy Dye Cover LB

Decker Lemiuex Ragnow Leatherwood Thomas
Jeudy Jones Burrow Swift Hockenson Golladay

Brown Snacks Flowers
Young Tavaii Murray Dye
Okudah Delpit Walker Diggs

So pretty much if i had the choice id keep 8 starters from our current roster lol and 3 of those are WR/TE. Im only keeping Hockenson...well i really dont know why id keep Hockenson i guess cause hes a rookie and id hope to see some improvement. Like...maybe in year 2 he catches touchdowns instead of drops them all.

Trading Stafford, Wagner and Slay. Poof 30% of my salary is back.

If the Lions had the first 15 picks some of those juniors would probably go back for their senior year :lmao:

However, it is a pretty fun idea you came up with.

Here are my 15 for the Lions.

Defense

5 DL
Chase Young, AJ Epsnsa, Yetur Gross-Matos, Kinlaw & Derrick Brown

2 LB
Simmons & Kenneth Murray

3 DB
Okudah, Delp, CJ Henderson

Offense

2 skill players
Burrow, Jeudy

3 OL
Andrew Thomas, Alex Leatherwood, Tristan Wirfs

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/11/25/20981308/2020-nfl-draft-order-detroit-lions-climb-3-spots
2020 NFL Draft order: Detroit Lions climb 3 spots after loss to Washington.
The Lions don?t appear to be tanking on purpose... but it?s working.
POD

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-lions-2020-nfl-draft-chase-young/4297551002/
Here's how the Detroit Lions can win the Race for Chase (by playing like dung for Young).
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/11...top-5-of-nfl-draft-with-yet-another-loss.html
Detroit Lions crawl closer to top 5 of NFL draft with yet another loss.
Mlive

Last edited:
Do the Rams have a 1st to trade.....because Goff is horrible. Stafford for Cooks and a 1st.

what are we walking about? The Lions would draft all the TEs.

God please don’t draft anymore Tight ends and wr earlier then round 3 or 4. Please draft defensive line and linebackers and tough guys.

God please don?t draft anymore Tight ends and wr earlier then round 3 or 4. Please draft defensive line and linebackers and tough guys.

Agree.

The best Lions? teams IMO (1962, 1970 and 1991) were rich at these positions.

All fun to speculate but Matt's not going anywhere. Not sure the extent of his injuries.

Back