Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drake Johnson expected to play this Saturday

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by "he can be brought down with a stiff breeze." I must have been watching someone completely different.

I'm not saying he's just shedding tackles left and right, but I have seen him bounce off plenty of defenders and have watched every game start to finish and never thought to myself one time, "yeah, he's really easy to take down."

If you want to remember someone easy to bring down, take a look at Derrick Green. That dude fell down on his own more than anyone I've ever seen.

Old Shuffle Shoes! Kid never picked up his feet.

I'm just a bit confused why Evans needs to get in the weight room at 5-11/200, and Higdon's has paid off at 5-10/189. To be honest, if they removed their jersey numbers and names and just showed the footage on the field, I'd have trouble telling them apart. They are both fast, hit the holes really well, and don't typically go down on first contact. Very similar runners, IMO.

Last edited:
Can't break tackles...

Chris-Evans.jpeg

Michigan_2063_2C_20Hawaii_203-28.0.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

I'm just a bit confused why Evans needs to get in the weight room at 5-11/200, and Higdon's has paid off at 5-10/189. To be honest, if they removed their jersey numbers and names and just showed the footage on the field, I'd have trouble telling them apart. They are both fast, hit the holes really well, and don't typically go down on first contact. Very similar runners, IMO.

I'm with you on Evans being tougher than bphillips is giving him credit for, but I think they're relatively different runners. Higdon has a lower center of gravity which allows him to bounce off tacklers better. I think Evans does have reasonably good strength and has broken some tackles, but it's a little easier to wrap him up.

Yes, that's true. Evans does run a little more upright. For my money, he's exceeded every expectation that anyone had for a freshman running back supposedly 3rd on the chart. I didn't even know his name coming into the year.

Who is that 5* RB we're going after? I almost wish we'd skip him. Already have 3 rb commitments and we still have Kareem Walker, whom looks like a redshirt year. Evans is just a freshman and Higdon a sophomore. I know we like rb by committee but I feel like we'll just be wasting roster spots.

Oh, and we still have Kingston Davis, but he might go to FB. Big boy.

Who is that 5* RB we're going after? I almost wish we'd skip him. Already have 3 rb commitments and we still have Kareem Walker, whom looks like a redshirt year. Evans is just a freshman and Higdon a sophomore. I know we like rb by committee but I feel like we'll just be wasting roster spots.

Oh, and we still have Kingston Davis, but he might go to FB. Big boy.

Najee Harris.

Eh, you gotta continue to go after the best recruits no matter what position. You can expect attrition every year.

It's not about weight, it's about strength.

Based on what I've seen, I'd say Evans gets taken down by a solo tackler more than our other backs. That doesn't mean he never breaks tackles, of course. You can probably say similar things about Isaac, but I think his best talent at this point is falling forward for a solid extra yard after contact most of the time he's brought down.

One thing you could say (and I think fairly) about our backs is that none of them are elite. Evans is maybe the only guy with that potential, but I have my doubts. Each guy definitely brings something to the table though, and I like the way we've rotated them this year. Really, Higdon, Isaac, and Evans have all been pleasant surprises.

Back