Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DURR it's cold outside there can't be no global warming or hurrrrr

I remember on a trip to Prescott AZ. and it was 48 and after it swim inside I went out and with the sun it was beautiful. I almost fell asleep. I'm the same way hot summers over cold winters any day.

I didn't know AZ avoided this Arctic (Finger) Blast of cold air. I thought only SoCal and the tip of Florida did

good for you.

I forgot how cold 16F feels

You were not far off.

The most south western sliver of the lower 48 it’s about normal.

Just to the east of Tucson there appears to be an arctic wall, not unlike in that movie the day before tomorrow is the same day as the day after yesterday, or whatever that movie was called. The brother of the guy who played the goofball brother in law in the national lampoon vacation movies was in it. Also the chick who starred in the Phantom of the opera and shameless. And the crazy actor from the movie where the cars come to life who’s always getting himself into trouble. He was in it too.

EDIT: Cuba is warm too. Today would be a good day to go to Cuba. Smoke some cigars, eat some of them Plantano bananas, and talk about how great Bernie Sanders is.

Now that the Libtard chicoms are in charge, maybe we should invade Cuba and make it a state. Their two senators would almost surely be Democrats. Obama missed a golden opportunity not making Iraq and Afghanistan states - they probably would’ve been Democrats, we were after all providing them public health insurance.

Mexico not so sure – they might break Republican. I’m talking about the Bush McConnell establishment Republicans, I’m not talking about Trump Republicans. The whole world would probably benefit from more Republicans who are not Trump Republicans.

Maybe that should be Biden and McConnell’s first great bipartisan deal. Take over Cuba and Mexico, and an equal number of Republicans and Democrats enter the Senate. It’s probably too late to make Afghanistan and Iraq
states.

Last edited:
You were not far off.

The most south western sliver of the lower 48 it?s about normal.

Just to the east of Tucson there appears to be an arctic wall, not unlike in that movie the day before tomorrow is the same day as the day after yesterday, or whatever that movie was called. The brother of the guy who played the goofball brother in law in the national lampoon vacation movies was in it. Also the chick who starred in the Phantom of the opera and shameless. And the crazy actor from the movie where the cars come to life who?s always getting himself into trouble. He was in it too.

Owen Wilson?

Ok, but we do live on a finite planet, so if two people say we should plan accordingly, and one of those two people is part of a scary, world-reordering non-governmental entity aiming to control governments, does that mean you should ignore the other guy that's concerned with the finite nature of Earth?

Fine, ignore the Club of Rome, but what about the Pope?

I’m not ignoring the Club of Rome; I’m observing it very carefully. As for the Pope, he can have opinions that I may or may not agree with, including his encyclical on the climate.

Last edited:
I?m not ignoring the Club of Rome; I?m observing it very carefully. As for the Pope, he can have opinions that I may or may not agree with, including his encyclical on the climate.

Good catch; I'm projecting. I'll ignore the Club of Rome.

You were not far off.

The most south western sliver of the lower 48 it’s about normal.

Just to the east of Tucson there appears to be an arctic wall, not unlike in that movie the day before tomorrow is the same day as the day after yesterday, or whatever that movie was called. The brother of the guy who played the goofball brother in law in the national lampoon vacation movies was in it. Also the chick who starred in the Phantom of the opera and shameless. And the crazy actor from the movie where the cars come to life who’s always getting himself into trouble. He was in it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUpNcBSG-lg

LA was first to go. Hollywood sign: gone. I bet The Walk of Fame and Dodger Stadium weren’t far behind.

Last edited:
You were not far off.

The most south western sliver of the lower 48 it?s about normal.

Just to the east of Tucson there appears to be an arctic wall, not unlike in that movie the day before tomorrow is the same day as the day after yesterday, or whatever that movie was called. The brother of the guy who played the goofball brother in law in the national lampoon vacation movies was in it. Also the chick who starred in the Phantom of the opera and shameless. And the crazy actor from the movie where the cars come to life who?s always getting himself into trouble. He was in it too.

Little bit of trivia that has nothing to do with the climate but almost relevant to your post...My oldest brother's (the one you met) high school homecoming date ended up being the longest running leading lady in Phantom of the Opera which is the longest running Broadway show of all time.

Little bit of trivia that has nothing to do with the climate but almost relevant to your post...My oldest brother's (the one you met) high school homecoming date ended up being the longest running leading lady in Phantom of the Opera which is the longest running Broadway show of all time.

Wow, she’s hot! Cool beans on your brother.

She married dude she performed phantom across from. I don’t mean he was across from her out in the audience, I mean he played the Phantom.

She’s an author and a motivational speaker now it appears.

Nothing on the Internet however, says anything about her high school homecoming date.

Or nothing that I can find.

That’s not actually true.

I did read something about her high school homecoming date on the Internet.

I read what you posted about it.

EDIT: I guess one would would figure that anyone who would play Christine Daa? on Broadway would be hot.

Last edited:
It’s been cold up here in MI for a good couple of weeks now, as long as the wind isn’t blowing too much it’s manageable although the older I get the more it don’t like it. Couple years ago I went out and plowed the driveway one morning in -17 degrees, then later that day when it got up to -10 I went for 5 mile jog. Because I’m fucking crazy

Last edited:
Wow, she’s hot! Cool beans on your brother.

She married dude she performed phantom across from. I don’t mean he was across from her out in the audience, I mean he played the Phantom.

She’s an author and a motivational speaker now it appears.

Nothing on the Internet however, says anything about her high school homecoming date.

Or nothing that I can find.

That’s not actually true.

I did read something about her high school homecoming date on the Internet.

I read what you posted about it.

EDIT: I guess one would would figure that anyone who would play Christine Daa? on Broadway would be hot.

Yeah, she was pretty hot in high school. I’m guessing she had 4 high school homecoming dance dates - not enough time on the internet to cover them all so they probably just skipped those details.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off on a tangent. To get it back on track, it was in the low 30s here today - not so bad.

Edit: tonight the wife and I watched The Peanut Butter Falcon with that guy from the movie where the cars come to life that I’ve never actually seen but remember from the commercials for it when it came out. It was pretty good - The Peanut Butter Falcon, I mean.

Last edited:
Yeah, she was pretty hot in high school. I?m guessing she had 4 high school homecoming dance dates - not enough time on the internet to cover them all so they probably just skipped those details.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off on a tangent. To get it back on track, it was in the low 30s here today - not so bad.

Edit: tonight the wife and I watched The Peanut Butter Falcon with that guy from the movie where the cars come to life that I?ve never actually seen but remember from the commercials for it when it came out. It was pretty good - The Peanut Butter Falcon, I mean.

Peanut Falcon Falcon was really, really good - wife and I both loved it.

As you know, I looked up Ms J on the internet and she was SPECTACULAR as Christine Daae - at least as good as Sarah Brightman or Emmy Rossum.

May I share some of the clips I shared with with you off the board? There are at least a few other musical theater nerds on the board besides me who might be interested.

Yeah, she was pretty hot in high school. I’m guessing she had 4 high school homecoming dance dates - not enough time on the internet to cover them all so they probably just skipped those details.

Edit: tonight the wife and I watched The Peanut Butter Falcon with that guy from the movie where the cars come to life that I’ve never actually seen but remember from the commercials for it when it came out. It was pretty good - The Peanut Butter Falcon, I mean.

As you know, I looked up Ms J on the internet and she was SPECTACULAR as Christine Daae - at least as good as Sarah Brightman or Emmy Rossum.

May I share some of the clips I shared with with you off the board? There are at least a few other musical theater nerds on the board besides me who might be interested.

EDIT: Also, fuck being sorry for taking this thread off on a tangent, because I’m the one who did it; it’s kinda become my stock in trade.

EDIT 2: And Ms J is certainly a proud favorite daughter of the Great State of Michigan.

Last edited:

EDIT: Also, fuck being sorry for taking this thread off on a tangent, because I?m the one who did it; it?s kinda become my stock in trade.

EDIT 2: And Ms J is certainly a proud favorite daughter of the Great State of Michigan.

feel free to post the clips and i was just kidding about the apology - I thought it was a good seque for sharing the local temp.

speaking of seques, here's another downside to the fake climate crisis: wind turbines all over Texas are freezing causing output shortages and rolling blackouts...

You still believe this, huh?

Change in the ocean pH or the composition of the Earth's atmosphere means nothing to you.

I?m as concerned about the MSW-garbage I can see and smell for the time being than I am with changes in the temperature of the atmosphere or the acidity of the ocean. The former is more, IMO, in ?crisis? mode than the latter.

I?m as concerned about the MSW-garbage I can see and smell for the time being than I am with changes in the temperature of the atmosphere or the acidity of the ocean. The former is more, IMO, in ?crisis? mode than the latter.

You think the articles about plummeting ocean fish numbers are fake, or true and not a problem, or not related to human activity, or what?

It all makes me wonder if getting booted from the Garden of Eden isn't about the past, but the present.

Back