Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN cutting around 20 on-air stars in dramatic round of layoffs

are they still owned by Disney?

Disney also just gutted the National Geographic.

Don't watch ESPN that often but Disney is evil.

If you want to read a good book that exposes Disney for what it is I recommend LA Confidential by James Ellroy..

Last edited:
If you want to read a good book then exposes Disney for what it is I recommend LA Confidential by James Ellroy..
My dad used to tell me about Disney all the time.. Always heeds pops advice. Never read the book but meaning to many times. Is it close to the movie in the 90s, I did watch that.

My dad used to tell me about Disney all the time.. Always heeds pops advice. Never read the book but meaning to many times. Is it close to the movie in the 90s, I did watch that.
The movie omits the entire Disney aspect of the story.

The movie omits the entire Disney aspect of the story.

Yet James McElroy took the money, it would appear.

He?s still with us, and seems to have writing credits for a whole lot of Holly-who-done-its.

Are Mickey Mouse and Rollo Thomossi one and the same?

Yet James McElroy took the money, it would appear.

He?s still with us, and seems to have writing credits for a whole lot of Holly-who-done-its.

Are Mickey Mouse and Rollo Thomossi one and the same?

The question I've never thought to ask. A very interesting one. :hmm:

Last edited:
Sportscenter was awesome back in the days before the internet. Now it's obsolete.

I might be the biggest musical theatre nerd on this board, but I definitely ain?t the only one.

Are you sure about that?

And imagine how much better the entertainment would be in this country, if Walt Disney, a socially prudish control freak with fascist sympathies didn't monopolize a large part of it. There would be more and better Hannah Montanas (if that's your thing).

Disney did bring us Vanessa Hudgens.

I will be eternally grateful for that.

Here she is reprising Idina Menzel?s role from Rent in ?Rent live.?

I might be the biggest musical theatre nerd on this board, but I definitely ain?t the only one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDtx...zZWFzb25zIG9mIGxvdmUgdmFuZXNzYSBodWRnZW5zIA==
I love musicals TV and Theater. But not stupid ones. And there's some doosies out there (like the above Rent Live). Awful. It wasn't even live for most of it.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that?

And imagine how much better the entertainment would be in this country, if Walt Disney, a socially prudish control freak with fascist sympathies didn't monopolize a large part of it. There would be more and better Hannah Montanas (if that's your thing).

I think everybody who got laid off is already a millionaire.

I guess they could launch their own network.

Or live off their investments and drive for UberEats, DoorDash and GrubHub for extra cash until they?re eligible for social security.

That?s what I?m doing.

Me, Keyshawn and Jalen.

Maybe we could have a podcast.

Damn.

Looking at this outside of the eyes of mockery - and far be it for me to look at bean counters who ascended to the top level of of bean countery at Disney - these people who Disney
laid off are the show.

Who is Disney going to replace them with?

Me?

I?ll talk on the radio for a a helluva less than Keyshawn, JWill and Max?but who gives a crap what I think or what I have to say?

Yeah, you guys do - but we been together a while, and you guys get me.

But you guys ain?t gonna pay me Disney money, plus you know I?m gonna continue to do what I do here for free.

Okay, it?s for love.

That?s why it?s free.

Back