Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

your link is all fucked up... much like the people that think it's reasonable to send a 17-year-old wannabe cop dork into a riot with an assault rifle to protect a used car lot.

Link works fine over here. And he was not charged with protecting a used-car lot with a rifle.

your link is all fucked up... much like the people that think it's reasonable to send a 17-year-old wannabe cop dork into a riot with an assault rifle to protect a used car lot.

I always get a kick out of you talking about how other people have f'd up takes on things.

So much for Slow News Friday.

Big spending bill probably has stuff in it to make everyone angry. Waste and pork. Lack of key things people expected it to have. Need to distract everyone from that. QUCIK! Roll out some Tiger King news!

Big spending bill probably has stuff in it to make everyone angry. Waste and pork. Lack of key things people expected it to have. Need to distract everyone from that. QUCIK! Roll out some Tiger King news!

The Big Spending Bill will be the millstone around our collective necks, laden with stipulations.

The Big Spending Bill will be the millstone around our collective necks, laden with stipulations.

That's the millstone? I thought it was the ever-rotting of value average people get in most facets of our economy with the final nail in the coffin being healthcare and homecare costs in out final years resulting in a reversal from inheritance being passed down, to children trying to support their parents in their final years at higher and higher rates (while supporting adult children of course)

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...burdens-on-middle-aged-americans-on-the-rise/

eh...that's not entirely fair. A lot of it is people living longer, and in less healthy states.

Last edited:
That's the millstone? I thought it was the ever-rotting of value average people get in most facets of our economy with the final nail in the coffin being healthcare and homecare costs in out final years resulting in a reversal from inheritance being passed down, to children trying to support their parents in their final years at higher and higher rates (while supporting adult children of course)

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...burdens-on-middle-aged-americans-on-the-rise/

eh...that's not entirely fair. A lot of it is people living longer, and in less healthy states.

I've been following along as the D's consistently let Manchin and Sinema hold this up & negotiate every thing out.

I've also seen commentary that - much like Obama's "stimulus" - this is a lot of tax credits and shifting money to private companies, along with a substantial tax cut for the wealthy, all mischaracterized on purpose as "government spending"

so those big numbers "1 trillion" or whatever, aren't actually anywhere near that in terms of actual public spending.

was just about to post this - don't see anything re: the reaction in Kenosha, hopefully it's quiet/peaceful.

Yeah, I would love to see the Vegas odds on whether there will be riots in Kenosha tonight and all weekend. My money is on Liberals will to riot overpowers their willingness to accept the verdict peacefully.

they are so desperate to make this about something it's not.

The media wants riots to follow the verdict. It is really the entire reason they are there. In fact, I would not be surprised to learn of some unscrupulous media members (read all the Liberal extremist ones) being willing to provide money and supplies to those who are upset by the verdict to start shit up just so they can grab more viewers.

Last edited:
The media wants riots to follow the verdict. It is really the entire reason they are there. In fact, I would not be surprised to learn of some unscrupulous media members (read all the Liberal extremist ones) being willing to provide money and supplies to those who are upset by the verdict to start shit up just so they can grab more viewers.

Like ... name some names. Which unscrupulous liberal extremist media members would give "money and supplies" to provoke riots about this?

Rittenhousecompass.jpg

Yeah, I would love to see the Vegas odds on whether there will be riots in Kenosha tonight and all weekend. My money is on Liberals will to riot overpowers their willingness to accept the verdict peacefully.

Quick, someone hand out some Pepsi in Kenosha before it's too late.

Right as the verdict was being read, the odds makers in Vegas were so not on the same page that the line is off at this point.

They?re hoping to get together and come up with a reasonable line so people can get a piece of the action.

That?s why the decision came out Friday. It?ll give Vegas a chance to set up a line and everybody to get a chance to place a bet, and also it?ll give potential rioters and looters a little more time over the weekend to get organized and make it happen.

That was kind of a collaboration between the left wing liberal media and the old guard mob that still runs Vegas behind the scenes.

It happens more often than people think.

I've been following along as the D's consistently let Manchin and Sinema hold this up & negotiate every thing out.

I've also seen commentary that - much like Obama's "stimulus" - this is a lot of tax credits and shifting money to private companies, along with a substantial tax cut for the wealthy, all mischaracterized on purpose as "government spending"

so those big numbers "1 trillion" or whatever, aren't actually anywhere near that in terms of actual public spending.

Like...give us some numbers. If it's not $1.5T then how much is it and how much of it is "a tax cut for the wealthy?" Or is it enough to just say it is and blame capitalism, old white men and people who have more money than you like always.

Like...give us some numbers. If it's not $1.5T then how much is it and how much of it is "a tax cut for the wealthy?" Or is it enough to just say it is and blame capitalism, old white men and people who have more money than you like always.

I haven't had time to actually read the bill yet, or even a reasonable summary of what's in it, have you?

Basing my comment on there actually being a big tax cut for the rich in the Democrat's own bill off articles like this:
In the mad scramble to re-re-rewrite the huge ?Build Back Better? social-spending bill and rush it to a vote, Speaker Nancy Pelosi inserted a huge tax cut for the rich.

That?s right: The plan now is to raise the cap on state and local tax deductions for federal income taxes, otherwise known as SALT. The 2017 Trump reforms capped it at $10,000; Pelosi would raise that to $72,500 in 2021, then gradually to $80,000 over the next decade.​

on the bill being largely, or partially tax breaks, I recall that being the criticism of Obama's stimulus (link):
The stimulus bill, formally known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, is meant to create jobs and boost the economy. It cost $787 billion, including $499 billion to fund new roads, hire teachers and generally keep people employed, and about $288 billion in tax breaks to individuals and businesses.​

I'm assuming the "Build Back Better" bill is similar, if not worse. How much of the bill will be actual spending that ends up benefitting actual people -either directly or indirectly - who are not wealthy is a question mark.

"Trump reforms"... yeah, my federal taxes definitely went up under Trump. I didn't make enough money to benefit from those.

Back