Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Final Big Ten East Power Rankings

No I would agree that MSU didn't have their best game. I don't think MSU's best game has them getting shut out and beaten by 30+ points by Bama at all. Similarly, I think OSU's best game results in them beating MSU probably 9/10 times. Sometimes teams have bad games and I think it played a role in MSU even getting to the CFP.

BTW, I'm fine with all of that because I don't think I could stomach another OSU national title which I think was fairly likely had they won that MSU game.
What is thus mythical best game from osu? Was it when they were down to VA tech until their qb got hurt? The games they snuck by northern Illinois at home? Indiana?

I'll buy that they're an underachieving complacent team. They hadn't beaten anyone good until the last two games. Just because they trucked you guys in AA and a depleted nd team doesn't mean they should be put on a pedestal

Also, I don't recall a lot of msu fans celebration the Buckeyes performing jail sex on you guys in AA this year. That is your CFP equivalent in terms of importance, I don't think we really cared. We beat you guys already, we got a laugh out of OSU whipping your asses for the umpteenth time in a row but we didn't need the vicarious win, it was just a game between two teams we beat

What is thus mythical best game from osu? Was it when they were down to VA tech until their qb got hurt? The games they snuck by northern Illinois at home? Indiana?

I'll buy that they're an underachieving complacent team. They hadn't beaten anyone good until the last two games. Just because they trucked you guys in AA and a depleted nd team doesn't mean they should be put on a pedestal

Those two games, Michigan and Notre Dame, were better than anything I saw from MSU, Michigan or Iowa all season. So yes that is what I'm basing it on.

Bottom line, OSU for all their complacency had a better defense and offense than MSU.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/yardsPerGame

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/sort/yardsPerGame

The objective measures suggest they had a better team.

Those two games, Michigan and Notre Dame, were better than anything I saw from MSU, Michigan or Iowa all season. So yes that is what I'm basing it on.

Bottom line, OSU for all their complacency had a better defense and offense than MSU.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/yardsPerGame

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/sort/yardsPerGame

The objective measures suggest they had a better team.
Is our head to head victory objective? How about conference record?

Is our head to head victory objective? How about conference record?

You pointing out what happened in one game isn't as compelling as evidence over the course of an entire season. Anything can happen in one game. Not only that, your two biggest victories occurred in two games where you lead for exactly 0 minutes. Sometimes you just get a little lucky. Good for you, unfortunately it ran out against Alabama.

OSU was objectively the better team over the course of the year. A last second field goal in a game that you led for exactly 0 minutes in a game where OSU played, by any reasonable observation, horribly is not a compelling suggestion that MSU was definitely the better team.

WHOA HE HAS TROUBLE WITH THE SNAP, AND THE BALL IS FREE! IT'S PICKED UP BY MICHIGAN STATE'S, JALEN-WATTS-JACKSON! AND HE SCoooOOOOOoooRES! ON THE LAST PLAaaaY OF THE GAME! UNBELIEVABLE!

You pointing out what happened in one game isn't as compelling as evidence over the course of an entire season. Anything can happen in one game. Not only that, your two biggest victories occurred in two games where you lead for exactly 0 minutes. Sometimes you just get a little lucky. Good for you, unfortunately it ran out against Alabama.

OSU was objectively the better team over the course of the year. A last second field goal in a game that you led for exactly 0 minutes in a game where OSU played, by any reasonable observation, horribly is not a compelling suggestion that MSU was definitely the better team.
As for osu, we killed them in terms of yardage, they had 5 first downs all game, we gifted them 7 points with an unforced turnover. They also got to play us without cook, in that game, osu had a ton of good luck on their side. We had horrible luck.

As for the order that the points were scored, that's insignificant. If we had a field goal on our first drive against osu and took a knee late it's still the exact same performance.

Let's hear more about how we got lucky against OSU. No cook and a gift td due to swirling wind on a punt, what was our good luck?

Michigan state beats Michigan
Alabama beats michigan state
Michigan talks shit

Beat us and you can talk, win the Big Ten and you can talk, when you end up with the 4th best bowl slot you might want to shut the fuck up.

Resorting to cussing in a discussion = losing

Uh, we might make fun of you guys losing a bowl game (if you even qualified for one) but that's generally coupled with us beating you in the same season. see the difference?

No, that isn't quite true. I remember quite a few times that MSU fans ripped on Michigan fans when Michigan lost Rose Bowls.

Let me explain again, I'm on this board because there is a lot of msu talk. On the msu board, there is almost no michigan talk. See the difference? If there were threads about michigan maybe you would respond, maybe not, but that's your choice.

There are msu threads on the michigan boards, msu fans chime in, but we're obsessed? How does that work?

but we probably wouldn't even be talking about MSU if you weren't here...

WTF are you talking about you fucking pathetic idiot?

The only laughter that has been going on has been about you being a crybaby. MANY UM fans wanted MSU to beat Bama. Those who didn't may have had their reasons, but I'm not aware of anyone enjoying the fact Bama won. They are laughing at YOU and trolling YOU.

The fact Bama was so dominant just adds fuel to the fire that gets you crying.

But all in all, would much rather MSU had beaten Bama. I'm on record countless times with that. The only enjoyable part of Bama winning....FUCKING WITH YOUR DUMBASS!!!! LMFAO @ U

Come on, zyxt9, don't let them bring you down to their level.

Do you think how osu played had anything to do with their opponents? Did they make careless turnovers vs msu? A ton if missed tackles? A bunch of dumb mistakes? Hell, we gifted them points with an unforced turnover.

MSU went into Columbus and manhandled them on the line. No excuses for them, we played without our qb, what's their excuse again?

Also, you could make the same different game argument for msu. The team that showed up in Dallas wasn't the same that showed up in Columbus or in the title game, or does that only work for OSU?

You guys had a fine win at C-bus.

See, that is how you do that

Maybe you can say the same thing about Michigan's win over Florida. I doubt you're capable of that, though

Also, time to go eat? It's 4pm, are you going to get the blue plate special with the grandparents?

Often times, i leave for dinner around 3pm or 4pm. It's common to go and hang out for a bit before sitting down to dinner. Don't most normal people do this?

Who cares what Michigan fans on the MICHIGAN board say about MSU? I don't see any people on this side going to address Michigan comments on your site.

By the way, stop with the "Living vicariously through Alabama" shit. MSU fans bought up App State shirts like it was going out of style.

AND that team beat MSU and they still laugh about the App St game...

No, that isn't quite true. I remember quite a few times that MSU fans ripped on Michigan fans when Michigan lost Rose Bowls.
Doing that is pathetic, it must have been a while ago but it's lame to rip on a team for losing in a game you weren't good enough to qualify for.

Really? Like it was going our of style? If guess that very few msu fans had those but that would be pathetic. I even think it's a little weird to have a t shirt commemorating a game your team won unless it was a championship game but at least your team did something to earn that.

Also, go scour the msu board for Michigan related threads, there were some in October I believe.

Do people even post there? I would have no idea

Truth be told, when I first started posting on the ESPN boards, I used to troll the MSU board. That was like 15 years ago. I matured and quit doing it. Take a lesson.

You guys had a fine win at C-bus.

See, that is how you do that

Maybe you can say the same thing about Michigan's win over Florida. I doubt you're capable of that, though
My argument with tigers of justice wad with him saying that msu got lucky vs osu. We were the opposite of lucky and still won.

No, you guys played well against Florida. I don't have a problem saying that, my problem was juxtaposition against our game against bama to try to claim some victory over us, that's weak.

UM was clearly the better team against Florida.

Also, I don't recall a lot of msu fans celebration the Buckeyes performing jail sex on you guys in AA this year. That is your CFP equivalent in terms of importance, I don't think we really cared. We beat you guys already, we got a laugh out of OSU whipping your asses for the umpteenth time in a row but we didn't need the vicarious win, it was just a game between two teams we beat

I remember a lot of times from 2000 to 2007 that MSU fans would regularly come on the Michigan boards the week of the Michigan-OSU game and post about how OSU would beat Michigan. This would happen every year that Michigan would beat MSU. Then if OSU beat Michigan, which they normally did in that timeframe, MSU fans would come to the Michigan board and rip on Michigan fans for losing to OSU, even though Michigan beat MSU that year.

AND that team beat MSU and they still laugh about the App St game...
Vicarious victory, lame on msu fans part. I can get having a laugh about mighty michigan losing to a fcs team but going out of your way to make fun of them when you can't beat them yourself is pathetic.

Back