Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

Part of me feels bad but the other part knows Jim will never take us where we need to go.

Part of me feels bad but the other part knows Jim will never take us where we need to go.

I don't feel bad. I liked the hire a lot, but the last couple of yrs have been terrible on his part. We got the talent, but this team plays to the drum of their HC and that's not good. They play with no sense of urgency and that stems from Caldwell and his staff. I'm a huge believer in that. The players love the guy and they should lol. He's more like a friend then he is a HC IMO. Now, I'm not in the locker room and I don't know wtf is going on. We get a tiny bit of inside info from media, interviews and rumors but it's not hard to figure out. I don't want some raving lunatic to come in here and become the next HC but I want a guy that is no nonsense. I don't think Caldwell is that. He did his job. He helped fix some problems (especially Stafford) and now it's time to move on....

Raiders going hard for gruden. Schwartz to the giants? Maybe harbaugh can coach Michigan and the lions!

Caputo on the air just said he is pretty confident that Cooter is going to be retained if Caldwell is let go.

That doesn't even make any sense. The HC has to make that final decision. Caputo is an idiot...

Yeah I know. Generally I feel the same about Caputo. But he dropped the whole "in the know" about that, and made it sound like Stafford really would push hard to keep him around. Maybe not as an OC, but he's staying in some capacity.

Yeah I know. Generally I feel the same about Caputo. But he dropped the whole "in the know" about that, and made it sound like Stafford really would push hard to keep him around. Maybe not as an OC, but he's staying in some capacity.

Who knows?! Maybe as a QB coach or mentor? No clue. He can't be OC anymore though...

Patricia will be leaving one of the best, if not THE best, non head coaching jobs in all of football when he takes over the head coaching duties for a team. Unless he legitimately likes JBC himself, he's bringing his own guys.

Just wanted to echo because I feel strongly about it, Caputo is an idiot. Hearing him bumble about on the radio is akin to listening to Jim Brandstatter in any form of football play by play. Those two make my skin crawl.

It's not like JBC is a completely bad coach. His run game is just pitiful. Perhaps we can keep him around in the sense of like co coordinator or passing game coordinator. He just can't do it all himself anymore. No chance.

It's not like JBC is a completely bad coach. His run game is just pitiful. Perhaps we can keep him around in the sense of like co coordinator or passing game coordinator. He just can't do it all himself anymore. No chance.

With Caldwell out......no way JBC stays. Patricia is going to want his own guys.

With Caldwell out......no way JBC stays. Patricia is going to want his own guys.

I don't think he has his own guys. You think he's going to pull mcdaniels from bellicheck? If Patricia is the guy were going to end up with some qb coach without a playbook. I can see quin trying to talk Patricia into keeping cooter.

I don't think he has his own guys. You think he's going to pull mcdaniels from bellicheck? If Patricia is the guy were going to end up with some qb coach without a playbook. I can see quin trying to talk Patricia into keeping cooter.

When I hear "his guys" I don't think of people he currently works with but people of his own choosing. If he interviewed JBC and liked him more than others, JBC becomes 'his guy'.

Granted, nobody outside of a handful of people would actually buy the narrative that Patricia wanted JBC if that were to happen. Just like hardly anybody believes that Quinn wanted Caldwell.

And I'm not so sure the Lions get either coordinator from New England. It's possible but there are potentially a metric fuck ton of coaching vacancies.

Last edited:
Everyone firing their coaches except us. Quin might not fire him if he doesnt know who he wants as a replacement.

Back