Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister Traded, now is retiring from baseball

Actually I was thinking the same thing.

He looked near death or at least at the end of his wits during the 2012 ALCS celebrations, I'm guessing the kids or Marion have stepped in to handle the Illitch holdings. I believe one son (oldest I think) had said before he did not have his fathers passion for sports franchises.

Maybe they are looking to dump payroll while keeping big names like Verlander, Cabrera and maybe Scherzer with the franchise to appeal to prospective buyers?

It's certainly a possibility...I wouldn't think anything of it, if it weren't for the timing of everything. The Fielder move I get, it can be covered up by a number of things, down year, media comments, etc. The Fister move just makes little sense.

Can anyone honestly say that the Tigers are better now or in the future because of this move?

Just doesn't make sense to get rid of a very good starting pitcher for players who just provide some depth.

Depth would be one thing, but there is a good possibility that none of these guys will be on the team in 3 years. The Nats took us to the cleaners. Fister is going to at least bring back a first round pick to the Nats just by letting him walk in 2 years. He is a 12 million dollar pitcher playing for 7 million.

Soo is this Lombardozzi guy gonna remind me of Jaque Jones @ the plate and Delmon Young in :LF if he starts for the Tigers? Dunno about his D..but his O sure doesn't appear to hold much if any potential...blech!!

Jacque Jones...now there's a name I have not heard in 5 years

Last edited:
I am so unbelievably enraged by this horrible fucking trade. I need to find something to set on fire. This makes zero sense. None, not even as a salary dump. We traded one of the best SP deals in baseball for a steaming pile of shit.

FUCK YOU DD WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU THINKING

The other part that really pisses me off is from DD's bullshit conference call thing. He said we're not done and that a closer is the top priority.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, GET US A FUCKING THIRD BASEMAN AND LEFT FIELDER INSTEAD OF DROPPING BIG MONEY AND OVERSPENDING ON A BIG NAME CLOSER WE DONT FUCKING NEED.

Look for Castellanos to be starting at either 3B or LF next year, I can almost guarantee it. We should have used our excess starter to fill one of those holes, but we royally fucked that up. Now at best we can hope for maybe one of those holes to be filled, probably though FA since we dont have any fucking trade chips left. We'll probably end up signing Choo, Beltran, or Grandy now and rolling with Nick at 3B because apparently DD hasnt fucking learned that throwing his young rookies in the fire HASNT FUCKING WORKED.

im sorry im ranting. im just SO FUCKING ANGRY

you don't trade cheap quality starting pitching for 3 bums.....maybe fister banged Ausmus' wife or something?

I heard the same some time ago, Thumb. I always figured if MI passed on the team would be up for sale. Unless Marion has a passion for it.

Lol. Maybe. Oh man..or maybe he banged DD's wife.

Ross-Karie.jpg

Maybe, she has potential.

I'm thinking the Nats GM and DD went out last night and DD got hammered.

The trade though makes absolutely no sense for a win now club so I am gonna just keep my thoughts on this trade neutral for now and see what moves follows this trade because it really makes no sense.

I mean really why the hell would you turn down a deal for Howie Kendrick and settle for Steve Lombardozzi if not a serious money issue?

Last offseason the Rays got Wil Myers for Shields.

We got a steaming pile of shit for Fister. Im actually getting an upset stomach. This is abysmal.

Hasn't DD been drafting pitchers by the boat load for the last decade? I remember an interview where he said that you can always trade arms for bats. I didn't know that he was talking Steve Lombardozzi caliber bats.

So whats next..a Marlins-esque firesale?

Did Mike Ilitch suddenly lose the rest of his marbles and his family has decided to gut the team?

So whats next..a Marlins-esque firesale?

Did Mike Ilitch suddenly lose the rest of his marbles and his family has decided to gut the team?

A 16 player deal with the Houston Astros. Maybe Brad Ausmus will be involved.

Back