Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football games on dvd or vhs?

easye688

I know there was something posted here a while ago about purchasing old games on vhs or dvd, if somebody could help me find this link it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have The 100th Game, 81 Rose Bowl and the 86 Fiesta Bowl I believe. I think mden.com has them but I would love a bigger selection if someone knows one.

I had the entire '97 season on VHS, but after cleaning out the storage room in my basement last spring and realizing that I no longer have a VHS player, and never once re-watched a single game, I think I tossed them I to a dumpster.

I had the entire '97 season on VHS, but after cleaning out the storage room in my basement last spring and realizing that I no longer have a VHS player, and never once re-watched a single game, I think I tossed them I to a dumpster.

have you heard of ebay?

I don't have any; I seen 'em already.

I know right? it's not like the outcome will be surprising. pretty much the only things to re-watch are that one Purdue game where Ernest Shazor laid out their WR with a BONE CRUSHING hit, and forced a fumble to seal the game, or that one game in the early 90's where Herbstreit got knocked unconscious after throwing a pick, especially for Keith Jackson's call "Herbstreit throws up a balloon, and it's picked off!" ... but both of those are on youtube.

BONE CRUSHING!!!

I know there was something posted here a while ago about purchasing old games on vhs or dvd, if somebody could help me find this link it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What I would do is check mgovideo download it and burn it.

Amazon has a bunch of dvds that they will create on demand that you should stay away from. The runtime is only 2 hours and if you look into the comments of the only one with a review, it looks the poor guy paid $30 and only got the 1st half. Depending on how you do your search, you may or may not get that review.

I, too, have the 100th game on vhs. I still have a vhs player too

the wife wanted to get rid of it, but I have several games on vhs

I have some games from the late 80's - late 90's.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in trading, let me know? I would be interested in your list of games.

i think i taped the rose bowl NC game on vhs

still probably have it somewhere

Already have the entire 97 season, but thanks.

Last edited:
Back