Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Lions @ Colts Thread

Refs tried to ruin the game for lions. Push off by moncrief and hilton oob on last drive. Take away 8 from colts. Levy fluke penalty for 3, prater fluke miss. Lions true win. Earned win. Statement win on road. Lions deserve injury advantage for the next 10 years to even it out

Last edited:
Refs tried to ruin the game for lions. Push off by moncrief and hilton oob on last drive. Take away 8 from colts. Levy fluke penalty for 3, prater fluke miss. Lions true win. Earned win. Statement win on road. Lions deserve injury advantage for the next 10 years to even it out

Statement win? lol

This was a nice win on the road...that's it. Stop it with all of your stupid shit about refs trying to "ruin the game for the lions" and taking away points from the other team bullshit. Your act is old and tired.

Statement win? lol

This was a nice win on the road...that's it. Stop it with all of your stupid shit about refs trying to "ruin the game for the lions" and taking away points from the other team bullshit. Your act is old and tired.

That Hilton "catch" was bs. And that Moncrief push off tho.....lol.

Really worried about this defense this season. I'm not even sure if Luck is "back" yet or it the Lions defense is just that pathetic.

Ebron was not a push off. Colt ran into him 5
5 yards fown firld. Illegal contact

I was honestly surprised by the calls from the refs. It's no secret I think Hochuli is out to get us. Every unbelievably lousy call I have seen in the last decade and a half against the Lions was ed Hochuli. I think he really dislikes the team, the city.. something.

But in this game, I was shocked at the number of correct calls he made. Every time a flag flew, I expected we were going to get bent over. I wasn't really sure about the Hilton catch, could have gone either way in my opinion... but other than that one, I thought he did a really good job.

Shocked the hell out of me.

Average depth of target for everyone except Jones was 1.7 yards. Cooter is brilliant...get the ball out of Stafford's hands as soon as possible.

We got stud weapons that can make guys miss and ebron to outrun every lb in the universe on a crossing route

And stafford reads the defenses very well. Find the short guy and throw him open

Pros:

Stafford was very effective moving the ball. It's become a ball control offense, but all the talk about "how do the Lions move forward without Calvin" needs to come to an end. The damned commentators were asking that all game. Calvin is retired, and this team can move the chains without him.

Offensive line played far better than I expected. They opened holes, and they kept the QBs jersey clean.

Boldin has elevated the level of play among the receivers. He demands professionalism, and he's getting it.

Ebron is making me a believer. All the hype about him taking "the next step".... he had a nice catch and made it work. He could be a factor in stretching the field at some point.

Hyder... beast. Nuff said.

Both Abdullah and Riddick ran with power and conviction. They didn't just run well, I like the WAY they ran. Washington got into the action with a short TD, but I didn't see enough of him to get a read. All in all, the running game took leaps and bounds.

Cons:

We moved the ball well against a depleted defense, and at times still struggled there.

As well as they played, the O-Line completely collapsed on a couple of series. That first series to start the second half was down right ugly.

Penalties happen, but we're still taking some really stupid ones that negated good gains.

Caldwell still doesn't seem to understand the clock very well. Scary.

Levy was a non-factor. Hopefully, it's just rust, but he looked slower to me.

Play calling is still lacking any sings of killer instincts. Still going conservative at all the wrong times. Taking knees before the half when they can run a play and try to get some points back drives me nuts.

All in all, I saw some things we haven't seen in Detroit in a long long time, but it was a Colts team that finished the game with 5 healthy DBs. I'm still in wait and see mode.

Levy was rated as the best defensive player by PFF for week 1....

Top defensive grades:

LB DeAndre Levy, 76.7

S Tavon Wilson, 76.0

LB Kyle Van Noy, 75.2

S Rafael Bush, 74.2

NT Haloti Ngata, 69.8

Not saying he DID GREAT or anything but he def was a factor and played decently for not having played in almost a year... And not to mention pretty sure he was on the field for every defensive snap...

Last edited:
How do you not realize you two are virtually the same? Everyone else does. 90% BS to get a reaction from people....10% actual football talk.

You just have opposite view points.

There's a big difference. The shit i say usually happens. Like when ebron pushed off in the end zone before catching his td.

There's a big difference. The shit i say usually happens. Like when ebron pushed off in the end zone before catching his td.

Everything i say happens. Including moncrief push off and hilton oob

Refs and injuries have messed up seasons for us. Hopefully not this year. Lions are too talented for that

Levy was rated as the best defensive player by PFF for week 1....

Top defensive grades:

LB DeAndre Levy, 76.7

S Tavon Wilson, 76.0

LB Kyle Van Noy, 75.2

S Rafael Bush, 74.2

NT Haloti Ngata, 69.8

Not saying he DID GREAT or anything but he def was a factor and played decently for not having played in almost a year... And not to mention pretty sure he was on the field for every defensive snap...

So our 2nd and 3rd best defender were on the field for 39 and 21% of the snaps?

Perhaps they just didn't have the chance to be down graded enough in the teams relatively poor defensive performance.

So our 2nd and 3rd best defender were on the field for 39 and 21% of the snaps?

Perhaps they just didn't have the chance to be down graded enough in the teams relatively poor defensive performance.

I don't get it either. Levy had 1 tackle and assisted on 3 more, covered nobody (from what i can remember). PFF needs to be abolished...

Back