Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Bears @ Lions Thread

Lions DL Aidan Hutchinson 97 is the first player in NFL history to log 15.0 sacks + 4 INTs through two-career seasons.

The Lions have won 7-straight divisional games for the first time since the
AFL/NFL merger in 1970.

Lions DB Brian Branch is the only NFL rookie DB since at least 1999 to produce multiple games with 3+ TFLs.
and first rookie DB to post 5 TFLs in a season for Detroit since Jonte Green in 2012.
His 7 TFLs this season tie Louis Delmas (2009) for the most a Lions DB has had since at least 1999.

The only Lions to rush for at least 5 TDs through the first 8 games of their career:
- Jahmyr Gibbs (2023)
- Mikel Leshoure (2012)
- BarrySanders (1989)
- Billy Sims (1980)

Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs has produced his 4th-straight game with a rushing TD.
This ties the longest streak by a rookie in franchise history along with Kevin Jones (2004) and Barry Sanders (1989).

Last edited:
Honest question. How many times in NFL history has a team had the ball for 40+ minutes of the game, with a +3 or better turnover margin and still lost the game?

It can't be all that many times....Bears fans must be crying into their mugs tonight.

Honest question. How many times in NFL history has a team had the ball for 40+ minutes of the game, with a +3 or better turnover margin and still lost the game?

It can't be all that many times....Bears fans must be crying into their mugs tonight.

That's some shit that would have happened to us in tha past. It probably did.

It was a good day. NYG beating Washington really helped in my survivor pool. There were 44 people that took Washington. The Lions losing would have helped my cause as well since 16 people had them. Oh well.

Man Denver stinks.. guys are running wide open against this defense and they are terrible against the rush.I have zero clue what plays Payton is giving Wilson in the 2nd half but they have only run 6 plays. If they don?t turn the Vikings over I do not see how they get a td verses the Vikings much improved defense. Denver also get flags in really bad times. 3rd and 1 in the red zone. Linemen fails to report. Wilson could not complete a 3rd and long probably until he plays the lions. Denver defense has 2 turnovers and they probably need a defensive score. Right on cue pass rush blitz causes a flutter ball to be picked . Sadly he didn?t score. Now can the broncos offense score from the 9. Nope broncos offense is a shit show. But they did get thier 5th field goal.
Twice this Vikings drive the Denver defense gets fooled Badly. On 4th and 4 they don?t cover for a fake punt.. terrible defensive Alignment and a great call. Then 3rd and 20. Vikings flood everyone to the right and the rb all he has to do is beat the linebacker and he and he does on 3rd and freaking 20. Vikings. Then 4th inches they make it. 3:17 left they hold Vikings to a field goal 20-15. Can the Denver offense score a td with Wilson ?
Broncos at midfield at the 2 minute warning.3.. Broncos in the red zone again.Broncos score with 1:03 left. 21-20?What a horrible 2 pt conversion attempt. That play had zero chance to score. Now all,Vikings need is a field goal. Denver in prevent defense only rushing 4.
Dobbs bubble has burst for the night. Denver?s defense holds on and they win 21-20 and improve to 5-5.. Vikings drop to 6-5.
Sutton for Denver is something and Judy made a play in the 3rd quarter that has everyone laughing. He was five yards down field after a catch and faked like he was going to throw it and gained a extra 4 or 5 yards faking the DB?s out.

I thought Denver stunk most to the night but they won the turnover battle and kicked 5 field goals and had 1 td and won. Dobbs is a tad different when he is under pressure but isn?t every qb. The margins are so small in the nfl between winning and losing. Pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Sutton has made some great catches for Denver. Denver takes the lead. Lots of time left with a minute and 3 TO's.

Just saw this on X

From Doug Colletti our
@ESPN1000
Bears statistics guru:

First time any team lost in regulation with plus 3 turnover margin and 40 minute plus time of possession. Teams were 48-0 prior to today?s epic collapse.

Some one on a bears podcast posted it was the first time since 1932 a team had 40 plus time of possession and plus 3 in turnovers and lost.

Teams were 48-0 before the Bears lost. With above stat
In regulation.

Not sure if it's right.

Last edited:
Just saw this on X

From Doug Colletti our
@ESPN1000
Bears statistics guru:

First time any team lost in regulation with plus 3 turnover margin and 40 minute plus time of possession. Teams were 48-0 prior to today?s epic collapse.

Is that quite a loss? Or quite a win?

Probably more quite a loss?but the winning team managed to overcome setbacks.

I?d say quite a win.

Who?s going to celebrate a monumental - actually historic - loss?

Despite the hole the Lions put themselves into; nevertheless they overcame and achieved a historic win.

Go (Honolulu) Blue.

And won in opposite fashion.

It is nice to be on the positive end of these finally. I went from complete deflated to elated in the span of 5 mins and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day. I don't expect them to win the get to or win the SB or anything so I'm just going to try and enjoy the journey as much as possible

Back