Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 13: Lions @ Bears Thread

We have many match ups with Denver we can exploit hopefully. Get the run game going. We really need to get a lead. Theoretically if we could get a lead I think Denver would have a hard time catching up hopefully.

Yeah. Don't see how you can call him a bust at all really. Doesn't even have a full season under his belt, not to mention barely played in any games last year and this year was limited by the coaches. He just needs to get a qb that can throw to him. Goff has missed too many passes to him by underthrowing him or just flat out missing. Yes he has dropped balls. They have used him right on a few plays but mostly haven't used him the right way if at all

exactly...that is a bust of a pick. A high first rounder that has not contributed at all in almost 2 seasons. Being a bust isn't solely on the player. It can be due to the coaches not using him the right way as well.

I'd like to see them take Jamo and place him right along the sideline and then throw him one deep route. Keep him pinned against the sideline and let him fly. Hopefully, that will keep him from having to look over both shoulders before trying to catch a deep route. Throw it to a spot out in front of him and he see if he can just run under it.

I'm willing to be patient and supportive, but honestly, they way the coaches talk about him with that coach speak that's he's getting better and learning makes me think he's dumb as shit and just can't pick up what he's supposed to be doing out there. Receivers who are stars in this league usually show it pretty quickly. It's hard to see him ever living up to the hype of where he was drafted.

I'm not sure what the overall issue is but it's definitely not because our coaches don't know how to use him or Goff doesn't want to throw to a rookie. Amon Ra had 90 catches his rookie year. Sam Laporta has a chance to break the rookie record for catches by a TE. Is he just a terrible route runner?

I'd like to see them take Jamo and place him right along the sideline and then throw him one deep route. Keep him pinned against the sideline and let him fly. Hopefully, that will keep him from having to look over both shoulders before trying to catch a deep route. Throw it to a spot out in front of him and he see if he can just run under it.

I'm willing to be patient and supportive, but honestly, they way the coaches talk about him with that coach speak that's he's getting better and learning makes me think he's dumb as shit and just can't pick up what he's supposed to be doing out there. Receivers who are stars in this league usually show it pretty quickly. It's hard to see him ever living up to the hype of where he was drafted.

I'm not sure what the overall issue is but it's definitely not because our coaches don't know how to use him or Goff doesn't want to throw to a rookie. Amon Ra had 90 catches his rookie year. Sam Laporta has a chance to break the rookie record for catches by a TE. Is he just a terrible route runner?

Route running & hands is what you need most. Way more than speed. Jamo just doesn't have it.

Route running & hands is what you need most. Way more than speed. Jamo just doesn't have it.

He wasn?t just speed at Bama. Goff and Jamos timing has looked off from the get go. Jamo was the full package that?s why he was so highly touted, and viewed by everybody as the best we in the draft

He wasn?t just speed at Bama. Goff and Jamos timing has looked off from the get go. Jamo was the full package that?s why he was so highly touted, and viewed by everybody as the best we in the draft

His route running was never good and and that's before the ACL.

I think most people believed that G Wilson and Olave were both better than Williams. I know I did.

His route running was never good and and that's before the ACL.

Don't have to be a great route runner with that speed. Tyreke Hill isn't a great route runner. Neither was Desean Jackson.

But, I don't understand why the Lions don't utilize him on both the shallow and deep crossers....especially deep. Nobody can keep up with him all the way across the field. His college highlight reel is full of deep crossers. Deep outs, too.

Lions seem to run him deep and use him on gadget plays and bubble screens. That's it.

I don't know why. Maybe he's in someones dog house......maybe Goff doesn't have the arm......but they don't need him to be a Jerry Rice caliber route runner.....they just need to utilize the portion of the route tree he does well..... and they don't.

What REALLY baffles me about it is that teams are really starting to crowd the LOS and jump the short routes that ASB runs so well.....and we don't make the adjustments to it. What's the point of having a home run hitter if you just ask him to bunt and leg out grounders??

Last edited:
What is crazy is we all saw how good this offense was to start the Saints game. I really think what the major issue is the different line combinations they have had on offense. I saw a crazy stat that one team ( I think the Bengals. Not sure) has not lost an offensive linemen to injury all season. We should have made sure we had more than just Glasgow to replace injured guys. Imagine where we would be without him. We need line help on both sides of the ball.

Don't have to be a great route runner with that speed. Tyreke Hill isn't a great route runner. Neither was Desean Jackson.

But, I don't understand why the Lions don't utilize him on both the shallow and deep crossers....especially deep. Nobody can keep up with him all the way across the field. His college highlight reel is full of deep crossers. Deep outs, too.

Lions seem to run him deep and use him on gadget plays and bubble screens. That's it.

I don't know why. Maybe he's in someones dog house......maybe Goff doesn't have the arm......but they don't need him to be a Jerry Rice caliber route runner.....they just need to utilize the portion of the route tree he does well..... and they don't.

What REALLY baffles me about it is that teams are really starting to crowd the LOS and jump the short routes that ASB runs so well.....and we don't make the adjustments to it. What's the point of having a home run hitter if you just ask him to bunt and leg out grounders??

They don't have to be any of those things. But I'll take someone who is slow with good hands and can run a route over a speester all day. And you know how hard it is to just hit a home run? Even if Goff isn't particually good at it other guys are going to miss a lot too. Riskier. Look at Calvin, all the speed in the world but it's those other things that made him great.

Last edited:
At 9-4, the Detroit Lions are on the precipice of their first postseason appearance since 2016. As of right now, only one team in the NFL?the San Francisco 49ers?has clinched their playoff ticket. But the Lions are one of four teams (Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles) who can join them this week.

There are 16 different scenarios that could happen that would guarantee a playoff berth for the Lions in Week 15.

Let?s start with the seven that involve a Lions win over the Broncos:

Lions win + Vikings loss/tie + Seahawks loss/tie
Lions win + Packers loss/tie + Seahawks loss/tie
Lions win + Rams loss/tie + Seahawks loss/tie
Lions win + Vikings loss/tie + Buccaneers loss/tie + Rams loss/tie

Here are the other nine scenarios that are available if the Lions TIE the Broncos:

DET tie + TB loss + SEA loss + LAR loss
DET tie + GB loss + SEA loss + LAR loss
DET tie + LAR loss + SEA loss + ATL loss
DET tie + GB loss + SEA loss + ATL loss or tie
DET tie + MIN loss + SEA loss + LAR loss
DET tie + GB loss + LAR loss + ATL loss or tie + NO loss or tie
DET tie + GB-TB tie + MIN loss + SEA loss + LAR tie
DET tie + GB-TB tie + MIN loss + SEA loss + ATL loss or tie
DET tie + GB-TB tie + MIN loss + LAR loss + ATL loss or tie
There aren?t any scenarios in which the Lions can clinch the NFC North this week, however, they can clinch that next week if they simply just beat the Broncos on Saturday and then defeat the Vikings the following week.

Last edited:
Last edited:
PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Reeves-Maybin 82.9
Sewell 78.6
Cominsky 73.7
J Reynolds 71.7
Awosika 69.9

Bottom 5 Overall
Thor 29.3