Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 131 Tigers vs. rockies August 29, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Presley, RF
3. Justin Upton, LF
4. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
5. James McCann, C
6. Mikie Mahtook, CF
7. John Hicks, 1B
8. Jose Iglesias, SS
9. Michael Fulmer, P
Bench: IF Dixon Machado, OF JaCoby Jones, IF/OF Andrew Romine, 1B Miguel Cabrera (back).
John Hicks will start at first base Tuesday night in place of Miguel Cabrera, who left Monday's game with a sore lower back.

rockies lineup:
blackmon cf
lamaheiu 2b
arenado 3b
parra rf
reynolds 1b
desmond lf
lucroy c
story ss
marquez p

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...z-meet-in-mile-high-matchup/?topicId=26688836
Fulmer to face Rockies, Coors Field for first time.
Tigers official site

https://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/COL201708290.shtml
Colorado Rockies vs. Detroit Tigers, at Coors Field, August 29, 2017 Matchups.
Baseball Reference

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370829127
Tigers vs. rockies Game Preview.
espn

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-.../492067#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=492067
Gameday.

Last edited:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Presley, RF
3. Justin Upton, LF
4. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
5. James McCann, C
6. Mikie Mahtook, CF
7. John Hicks, 1B
8. Jose Iglesias, SS

ugly lineup tonight. Not a lot of options.

OK...I must have missed something. Presley on 1st and Upton singles but the box said he was out at 1B? Was it overturned or something?

Who ran the bases wrong and fine them in the kangaroo court of bad Brad's fundementals baseball club !!!!

So why on earth would they not just have miggy start the seven game suspension tonight?

So why on earth would they not just have miggy start the seven game suspension tonight?

My guess is they want to appeal it to see if they can reduce the number of games. His incentive to reduce the games is $173,000 per game.

My guess is they want to appeal it to see if they can reduce the number of games. His incentive to reduce the games is $173,000 per game.

Watch he'll end up serving at home instead of road games just to provided extra incentive for fans not to attend the next home stand lol this team continues to make zero sense and this game tonight is freakin boring

3 pm in the afternoon game on Wednesday. Then off Thursday, and 4 games over the weekend with f'n tribe, double header Friday 1 pm makeup of June 30 rainout.
and then Labor day monday to wednesday Sept. 6 vs. the f'n royals.
Next month 6 games out of the month vs 2 teams out of the AL Central.
and 22/23 with Oct. 1st game all vs. Central teams.
Very difficult to win 70 games.

Nolan Arenado capped a four-run seventh inning with his 30th homer, and the Colorado Rockies beat the Detroit Tigers 7-3 on Tuesday night.

Mikie Mahtook tied the game for Detroit in the top of the seventh with a two-run homer, his 10th, before the Rockies rallied in the bottom half.

Plate umpire Mike Everitt left in the middle of the first inning after being hit by a warmup pitch from Fulmer.

Fulmer allowed back-to-back singles to open the seventh inning, Ausmus came out for a chat but didn?t change pitchers. Pinch-hitter Carlos Gonzalez then gave the Rockies the lead with a sacrifice fly to centerfield. Daniel Stumpf entered and recorded a lefty-on-lefty out before Saupold relieved him, walked his first batter and served up a mammoth home run to Arenado, deep to left-centerfield.

The chain of events made a loser out of Fulmer, who allowed five runs on eight hits over 6 1/3 innings. He struck out three and walked one.

The Tigers? bats were kept at bay by Marquez, an electric rookie right-hander who threw an express fastball in the mid-90 m.p.h. range with buckling breaking balls. Marquez was given a three-run lead when D.J. LeMahieu (Birmingham Brother Rice) hit a solo home run in the first inning and Gerardo Parra hit a bloop, two-run single in the third.

MOMENTS THAT MATTERED
Mah-Gone: Mikie Mahtook mashed Marquez's momentum in the top of the seventh, cranking a game-tying two-run homer. Mahtook's 10th long ball of the year followed a baserunning mistake from Nicholas Castellanos, who tried to advance from second to third on a ground ball to the shortstop. Marquez exited after John Hicks, the next batter, dribbled an infield single.
"It was a nice job getting back into it with the Mahtook home run to tie it," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "We just couldn't hold it. This ballpark can be tough for any pitcher. In the end, they were able to outslug us."

ROARS:
Mikie Mahtook - The scrappy center fielder continues to measure up as he finished two for four with a double and a home run.

HISSES:
Baserunning - once again some jerking around and lack of heads up play cost the Tigers on the basepaths and probably runs on the scoreboard.

STREAKS AND INFO:
Home Plate umpire Mike Everitt had to leave the game in the middle of the first inning when this warmup toss from Michael Fulmer was a bit too hot for the warmup catcher to handle and he fell behind in the count two balls to one strike.

With the loss, the Tigers are 57-74.

Home Plate umpire Mike Everitt had to leave the game in the middle of the first inning when this warmup toss from Michael Fulmer was a bit too hot for the warmup catcher to handle and he fell behind in the count two balls to one strike.

LOL

is this your wit or do you get it someplace else?

I was following the game on line while working at the computer...I was wondering why there was such a long time between the top and bottom of the inning.

LOL

is this your wit or do you get it someplace else?

I was following the game on line while working at the computer...I was wondering why there was such a long time between the top and bottom of the inning.

Tom, As I post the game stories from Mlive, Freep, Detnews, Tigers official site, and BlessYouBoysTigersBlog, into the Tigers team notes,
I copy parts of those stories into the Game thread as a post game synopsis for everyone.

I turned on and missed the pitch into the ump's groin. watched a replay after.
iirc it was Romine with the catcher's glove?

I think that part was from BYBTB.

Last edited:
Back