Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 15: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Lions RB David Montgomery rushes for his 11th TD of the year, extending his single-season career high.
His 11 rushing TDs are the 3rd-most a Lions player has had in their 1st season in Detroit, trailing only Barry Sanders (14 in 1989) and Billy Sims (13 in 1980).

Lions DB Brian Branch is the only defensive back for Detroit to have seven tackles for loss and three interceptions in a single season since at least 1999.
He joins DL Aidan Hutchinson as the only two rookies in Lions history to do so since at least 1999.

The only Lions rookies to produce 1.0 sack & 1 INT in the same game:
- DB Brian Branch (2023)
- LB Alex Lewis (2004)
- S Bennie Blades (1988)

LionsRB Jahmyr Gibbs and TE Sam laporta have each produced 9 TDs this season.
This is the first time in NFL history a team has had two rookies each post 9+ TDs in a season.

Lions RBs David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs have each topped 1,000+ scrimmage yards this season.
They are the 4th RB duo in franchise history to each top 1,000+ scrimmage yards in the same season and produced 8+ rushing TDs in the same season.

Ifeatu Mel's 2.0 sacks are the most a Lions DB has ever totaled in a single game.

Lions WR Amon-Ra St.Brown is the fifth player in NFL history to produce two seasons with 100 receptions and 1,000 receiving yards within a player?s first three-career seasons, and joins Herman Moore as the only two players in franchise history to have multiple seasons with over 100 receptions.

For the first time in franchise history, the Lions have an RB, WR and TE each with 8+ TDs in the same season.
David Montgomery Amon-Ra St. Brown Sam Loporta.

Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs has produced 50+ scrimmage yards for the 13th-straight game, the first RB in team history to do so since RB Kevin Smith in 2009. He has 13 games with 50+ yards this season, tied for the 3rd-most by a rookie RB in team history.

With over 100 receiving yards today, Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown becomes the fourth Lion to have eight games with over 100 receiving yards in a single season. His 14-career 100-yard receiving games are the fifth-most in team history.

Lions rookies have combined to produce 20 TDs this season, setting a new franchise record for the most TDs scored by any season's rookie class.

Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs is the 3rd rookie in franchise history to produce 1,000+ scrimmage yards and 10 TDs in a season, joining: Barry Sanders (1989) and Billy Sims (1980).

Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs has passed RB Mel Farr (1,177 yards in 1967) for the 5th-most scrimmage yards produced by a rookie in a single season.

Lions S Kerby Joseph is the first player in franchise history to produce 4+ INTs in each of a player's first two-career seasons since DB Bobby Watkins in 1982-83.

The Lions have set a franchise record by winning 20 games over the last two seasons.

The Lions have won 11 games in a season for only the 4th time in team history.
2014, 1991, 1962.

Yeah, but Stafford going back to Detroit to take on Goff and the Lions is pretty intriguing.

I love the idea of Stafford back in Detroit for the playoffs. I'm happy Matt got a ring but now I want beat his ass every game. I know I should be worried about our defense but I have too much unearned confidence with one division title in the last 30 years.

I love the idea of Stafford back in Detroit for the playoffs. I'm happy Matt got a ring but now I want beat his ass every game. I know I should be worried about our defense but I have too much unearned confidence with one division title in the last 30 years.

We should be able to throw on the Rams defense. They have secondary issues to I think.
Just have to make sure we take care of Donald if that is even possible. Maybe run right at him.

I suppose it?s safe to admit this on this board without being worried that one might have a curse bestowed upon them.

My NFL rooting priorities have always been

1) The Lions (as we all know usually not great)

2) Whatever Team Former Michigan National Championship QB Tom Brady was playing for at a given time

3) A Los Angeles teams, I guess, when there was one.

I rooted for Brady?s Tampa Bay to beat Stafford and the Rams the year Stafford and the Rams won it all.

Brady?s team lost.

So I rooted for the Rams from that point on.

NFC North Champs! Can?t stop thinking about it and it feels good!

Now let?s go into Texas and kick the shit out of some Cowboys. Lets go!!!!!

Reactions: LKP
PFF Highest Graded Offensive Linemen this Season:

1. DET OT Penei Sewell - 91.8
2. DET C Frank Ragnow - 88.1
3. ATL OG Chris Lindstrom - 87.8
4. MIA C Connor Williams - 86.5
5. SF OT Trent Williams - 85.8

Sewell and Ragnow deserve 1st Team All Pro this Season.

PFF Highest Graded Offensive Linemen this Season:

1. DET OT Penei Sewell - 91.8
2. DET C Frank Ragnow - 88.1
3. ATL OG Chris Lindstrom - 87.8
4. MIA C Connor Williams - 86.5
5. SF OT Trent Williams - 85.8

Sewell and Ragnow deserve 1st Team All Pro this Season.

I agree with you. But there is almost no chance the league will give them 1st team over Lane Johnson and Kelce. It?s much better for the league to piss off a couple Lions fans than it is for them to piss off Taylor Swift and Eagles fans?..(though not Travis, both Kelce brothers are very popular right now). Philly fans would lose their collective shit.

Great seasons by those two, no matter what.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Glasgow 93.2
R Okwara 91.3
Melifonwu 89.8
Branch 88
Sewell 82.5

Bottom 5 Overall
Reeves-Maybin 36.9
B Jones 41.5
Buggs 43.4
Mitchell 48.6
Dorsey 49.3

Other notables
Ragnow 81.5
Amon-Ra 79.9
Campbell 76.3
Thor 75.8
Decker 75.2
Hutch 71.1
Goff 70.2
Jackson 67.2
Gibbs 65
LaPorta 64
Cominsky 54.7
Jamo 54.1
Sutton 52.3
Montgomery 51.7

Reactions: 503
Campbell and Thor really playing their best football of the season right now. Surprised to see Gibbs so low?.maybe pass blocking issues? Because he rarely does anything wrong with the ball in his hands.

Defense better come to play Saturday. Dallas averages 40 at home and has won 15 straight.

Would be great to see Romeo Okwara step up to be a solid 2nd pass rush option. We desperately need someone to.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Glasgow 93.2
R Okwara 91.3
Melifonwu 89.8
Branch 88
Sewell 82.5

Bottom 5 Overall
Reeves-Maybin 36.9
B Jones 41.5
Buggs 43.4
Mitchell 48.6
Dorsey 49.3

Other notables
Ragnow 81.5
Amon-Ra 79.9
Campbell 76.3
Thor 75.8
Decker 75.2
Hutch 71.1
Goff 70.2
Jackson 67.2
Gibbs 65
LaPorta 64
Cominsky 54.7
Jamo 54.1
Sutton 52.3
Montgomery 51.7

The holding call on 3rd and goal, followed by the drop INT, must not affected Branch?s grade much.

The holding call on 3rd and goal, followed by the drop INT, must not affected Branch?s grade much.

The holding was bad, a weak call but whatever, but the dropped INT is no different than a turnover. It legitimately gives them 7 points.

Can?t do those things against Dallas.

Campbell and Thor really playing their best football of the season right now. Surprised to see Gibbs so low?.maybe pass blocking issues? Because he rarely does anything wrong with the ball in his hands.

Looking at the breakdown, the fumble probably hurt him the most, also had a drop. His pass blocking grade was decent - 73.7.

Stop blitzing lbs that just run right by the qb. Keep sending melifonwu who can actually tackle.

Defense better come to play Saturday. Dallas averages 40 at home and has won 15 straight.

Would be great to see Romeo Okwara step up to be a solid 2nd pass rush option. We desperately need someone to.

Gibbs did have a fumble. That should definitely lower his grade

Back