Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Lions @ Cowboys *Saturday Night* Thread

I'm good. I woke up yesterday, I'm ready man. I've got controlled fury and I'm ready to go," Campbell stated. "I am absolutely ready to go, I don't go the other way and the team won't either. We're on a mission and we're not going to feel sorry for ourselves and waller in everything, we had plays to make and we didn't make them. It's a tight game, a good opponent, playoff type atmosphere and you've got to make that one extra play that we didn't. So we will use this as fuel. I've got pure octane right now, I woke up, I'm ready."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...led-fury-after-controversial-loss/ar-AA1mk1Pf

I'm good. I woke up yesterday, I'm ready man. I've got controlled fury and I'm ready to go," Campbell stated. "I am absolutely ready to go, I don't go the other way and the team won't either. We're on a mission and we're not going to feel sorry for ourselves and waller in everything, we had plays to make and we didn't make them. It's a tight game, a good opponent, playoff type atmosphere and you've got to make that one extra play that we didn't. So we will use this as fuel. I've got pure octane right now, I woke up, I'm ready."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...led-fury-after-controversial-loss/ar-AA1mk1Pf
Do they play everyone next week being locked into 3rd seed?

Do they play everyone next week being locked into 3rd seed?

Though it seems like a lock the Lions can get the 2 seed if they win and the Eagles and Cowboys lose. Neither is likely as they play the Commanders and Giants.

I would bet they do play everyone. Just my guess.

Though it seems like a lock the Lions can get the 2 seed if they win and the Eagles and Cowboys lose. Neither is likely as they play the Commanders and Giants.

I would bet they do play everyone. Just my guess.
Didn't realize there was still a chance. Thanks.

Campbell said the plan is to play the starters. I would give some of the banged up guys rest.

it makes sense they still have an outside shot at the #2 seed however unlikely anything can happen Philly has been dog crap lately and the cowboys are on the road. Lions will play at 1:00 while Dallas and Philly both play at 4:25. it's the right call

it makes sense they still have an outside shot at the #2 seed however unlikely anything can happen Philly has been dog crap lately and the cowboys are on the road. Lions will play at 1:00 while Dallas and Philly both play at 4:25. it's the right call

Pretty much what DC just said on 97.1. Anything can happen so they have to play for a win. Maybe karma will be on our side.

The play that still sticks in my crawl more than the entire 2 pt fiasco was this one. This was a huge 9 pt swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGhxNad4xY

I agree 100%. As bad as the late call by the refs was?..and it?s becoming more so as they try to explain themselves and blame others??this was the play of the game. What kind of fucking tackle was that? He didn?t even try to wrap him. Just tried to shoulder him.

I cannot wait to upgrade from Barnes and get him off the team. That?s awful.

I agree 100%. As bad as the late call by the refs was?..and it?s becoming more so as they try to explain themselves and blame others??this was the play of the game. What kind of fucking tackle was that? He didn?t even try to wrap him. Just tried to shoulder him.

I cannot wait to upgrade from Barnes and get him off the team. That?s awful.

So I did see the replay of the Lions players going up to the ref to declare as eligible.

You may be referencing this:

"But two other Lions offensive linemen -- tackles Dan Skipper and Penei Sewell -- also approached Allen in an attempt to confuse the Cowboys on who ultimately would be the eligible receiver. Allen did not appear to acknowledge Decker and instead declared Skipper as eligible. As a result, Decker was ineligible and had committed illegal touching when he caught what would have been a go-ahead 2-point conversion with 23 seconds remaining in the game"

If the Lions were actually trying to confuse Dallas it serves them right to get the call against them...it didn't just confuse Dallas, it confused everyone! I don't know if that was their goal, but that theory seems reasonable. Why else would those two other guys go up to the ref?

That said, it seems like the refs used to announce over the stadium intercom when a player that isn't usually eligible declares prior to the snap. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Skipper was nowhere near Allen and not making any motion..decker and sewell were standing next time to him talking

100 percent ref error. Anyone blaming lions is an idiot or didnt see what happened

Skipper was nowhere near Allen and not making any motion..decker and sewell were standing next time to him talking

100 percent ref error. Anyone blaming lions is an idiot or didnt see what happened

watching the video the ref points to #70 while holding his arm in the air as #70 was running towards him. All three are bunched together right before the ref leaves. I assume that #70 is skipper?

watching the video the ref points to #70 while holding his arm in the air as #70 was running towards him. All three are bunched together right before the ref leaves. I assume that #70 is skipper?

Two different plays

2 pointer it is just allen with decker and sewell

Other ref points at skipper coming in. Not becuase eligible, that is different motion

Campbell went over play with allen in detail too pre game

Lions did nothing confusing. Ref is just a complete moron

Last edited:
PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 89
Hutch 87.7
Decker 78.2
Barnes 77.1
Branch 76.1

Bottom 5 Overall