Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Packers @ Lions Thread and end of season grades, reviews, etc.

I never thought I'd see this forum rooting for "looks like a homeless guy Aaron Rodgers" and the Green Bay Packers.

I never thought I'd see this forum rooting for "looks like a homeless guy Aaron Rodgers" and the Green Bay Packers.

I think it?s because even though our record is pure shit.....we aren?t that far away from a pretty good football team. And getting Chase Young, or at the very least the bargaining chip that is the #2 draft slot......could go a long way in getting there.

Cheering for the packers to beat us for a chance at drafting a buckeye feels gross. So i have just been watching and feeling dead inside.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think it?s because even though our record is pure shit.....we aren?t that far away from a pretty good football team. And getting Chase Young, or at the very least the bargaining chip that is the #2 draft slot......could go a long way in getting there.
We aren't? We were under .500 with our star QB. This team is not close.

Id like to see an entire season with Hall on the field. Heres another outside WR...call him a bigger Golladay.

https://youtu.be/7_r0AjE3Va8

I would, too.

I liked Brandon Powell in the slot.....but what do I know. Amendola has been good this year. Hopefully he?ll come back for one more.

2013 Calvin Johnson was our last true homerun threat. This team has a cannon armed QB and no true deep threat.....makes no sense.

i woulda took the shot too....Reeves maybin on one of the best WRs in the NFL 50 yards down the field?

We?ve lost 6 games in the 4th quarter.

Our defensive front 7 needs improvement.....but we aren?t that far.
Legitimately this team isn't far off from being 10-6. They've been in the lead in every game but 1 and they've had chance to win most of these games failing to simply close them out. Even though they have a udfa rookie qb starting and a guy they picked up off the streets starting at rb. Massive injuries on the defense and offense and we were still competitive. That being said... Patricia wasn't doing enough when this team was really pretty healthy to win games. And that is frustrating.

Nice play by harris. I think these 2 safeties will be alright. But trading diggs was fucking stupid

Legitimately this team isn't far off from being 10-6. They've been in the lead in every game but 1 and they've had chance to win most of these games failing to simply close them out. Even though they have a udfa rookie qb starting and a guy they picked up off the streets starting at rb. Massive injuries on the defense and offense and we were still competitive. That being said... Patricia wasn't doing enough when this team was really pretty healthy to win games. And that is frustrating.

The part im having a hard time with is if patricia is stuck putting the team in these bad situations defensively due to the limitations with his personnel ....or if hes just not that smart of a coach. It seems he thinks his team was better off rushing 3 and putting more guys in coverage for most the year. Not causing pressure is never the answer imo....doesnt matter how many guys you have in coverage....it simply doesnt work when Qbs have 6, 7, 8 seconds to throw it.

As long as we're competing for a playoff spot they're doing their jobs well, lol.

Theres the unforced throw to no one close in the 4th quarter i knew was comming!

I’m not Mr. Optimistic.....but I look at this team and see a lot of good pieces. We’re fairly close to being a 10 win team IMO. Need a couple pass rushers and 2 LB’s. A deep threat WR. It’s a lot for one off season, I get that.

We’ve also got next to nothing from a few players that CAN produce at a much higher level.

Snacks. Flowers. Kerryon. Hand. Hockenson. all guys still in their prime that have been ok to bad this year. Or injured. Or both.

Development from Walker, Hockenson, Harris, Owruwarye could help.

I’m not talking about a lot of what ifs......but guys developing and playing to the level they can makes this team a lot better in 2020. Add in a good off season (certainly not a given) and some good things could happen next year.

Just my opinion

The part im having a hard time with is if patricia is stuck putting the team in these bad situations defensively due to the limitations with his personnel ....or if hes just not that smart of a coach. It seems he thinks his team was better off rushing 3 and putting more guys in coverage for most the year. Not causing pressure is never the answer imo....doesnt matter how many guys you have in coverage....it simply doesnt work when Qbs have 6, 7, 8 seconds to throw it.
Its almost like because it kinda worked against kc he thought that needed to be their staple. It's not because it's not a scheme that works. It didn't even really work against kc. They gave up on doing anything complicated and made it frustratingly basic and couldn't stop anything.

Exactly like that. On 4th and 1 they give them the flat in a man to man defense which would be almost impossible for slay to make a play.

Back