Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 17: Vikings @ Lions Thread

Rams vs. Lions, exactly what I was hoping for. The score is going to look like a Pac 12 game 35-31 type game.

Ya stafford will have a field day vs this defense.

Our O needs to have a great day to keep it close.

42-37... not sure who's going to win yet.

Last edited:
Ya stafford will have a field day vs this defense.

Our O needs to have a great day to keep it close.

42-37... not sure who's going to win yet.

Defense will need to step up and get after him he doesn?t scramble for yards much so get after it

Lions offense should have a field day against the Rams secondary hopefully... I remember hearing in the Rams superbowl run that Stafford was great against the blitz that season. Hopefully the guys can get some sacks and the back end can hold up. Didn?t Taylor for the Giants light up the Rams a few weeks back ?

Last edited:
Early indications on LaPorta?s injury suggest that he?ll be out for at least next week?s game against the Rams, according to Campbell and NFL Network?s Ian Rapoport:

Lions tight end Sam LaPorta suffered a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise in the team?s 30-20 win over the Minnesota Vikings and is likely to miss some time, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

?The best way I can put it is it?s not as bad as it looked, but it?s not good news,? head coach Dan Campbell said of the injury in his postgame news conference. ?We?ll know more tomorrow. I know it looked awful. It?s not as bad as that.?

Zach Ertz is still available. Dan is probably too arrogant to add a new guy though.

I wouldn't sign Ertz unless Laporta was out for the year. I still might not do it.

You always seem to have opinions, yet rarely add any reasons for your opinions. We're already down Wright, now laporta. That leaves us with Mitchell and Firsker. We'll need another tight end. Might as well sign a vet that at least knows his head from his ass. Plus our tight end coach coached him the last couple years so he's familiar with him.

So the much ballyhooed return to Ford Field by Matt Shepherd occurs a week from today at 5 pm LA time, looks like.

We?ll see how Stanford looks against his former team, as we?ll see how his former teammate Jarred Goth looks against his former team.

Last edited:
Early indications on LaPorta?s injury suggest that he?ll be out for at least next week?s game against the Rams, according to Campbell and NFL Network?s Ian Rapoport:

Lions tight end Sam LaPorta suffered a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise in the team?s 30-20 win over the Minnesota Vikings and is likely to miss some time, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

?The best way I can put it is it?s not as bad as it looked, but it?s not good news,? head coach Dan Campbell said of the injury in his postgame news conference. ?We?ll know more tomorrow. I know it looked awful. It?s not as bad as that.?

That would be the best case scenario.

Back