Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 23 Detroit Tigers @ Tampa Bay Rays 6:50 p.m. EST 4/22

Tarik Skubal is 7-0 with a 1.35 ERA in his last 10 starts dating back to last season.

Tarik Skubal has allowed 35 hits in his last 11 starts!

Tarik Skubal tossed a gem today as he shut out the Rays over 6.0 IP with 9 K. He faced a full lineup of RHH, but that didn't phase him, as he leveraged his deep arsenal and fantastic command to return a 36.6 Chase% and 31.0 Whiff%. He now has a 1.82 ERA and 2.33 FIP in 29.2 IP.

7 consecutive games with an RBI for Kerry Carpenter.

Kerry Carpenter has recorded a RBI in 7 straight games, the longest streak by a Tiger since Miguel Cabrera drove in a run in 7 consecutive games from August 6-12, 2013.
🤯

Tarik Skubal dominates Rays in six scoreless innings.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video Highlights of the Tigers Win over the rays.

Tigers 7 - Rays 1: Skubal and company rock the Trop.
Come in, and crack open a bottle of Tropi-Canha.
BYBTB

Skubal dominates Rays, Meadows hits 427-foot HR in 7-1 win.
Detnews

Aggressive Detroit Tigers, dominant Tarik Skubal overwhelm Tampa Bay Rays in 7-1 win.
Freep

Tigers give him an early lead, then Tarik Skubal deals in win over Rays.
Mlive

Totally off topic, but I wonder if the Tigers ever considered signing Lorenzen instead of Maeda or Flahertry? He really seemed to strive with the the Tigers last year and was really cheap. He might flame out and the other two may end up good, but I thought he would have been worth bringing back.
I thought the same thing in the off season. I thought he really enjoyed the staff in Detroit.

Meadows homered? 😳
Strange but he has 2 now and Spencer has 0 so far.. I always thought the Rays ballpark would be a good place to hit. Listening to Dickerson it’s only a the last few years that Tampa has hit good. Guess the ballpark isn’t homer friendly until recently. Just feels like indoors and a dark background would be good to hit in.

I heard on the radio this morning that Spencer’s double at Minnesota would have been a homer in Detroit lol. Go figure. He crushed that double.

REALITY BITES.
Totally Tigers

I wholly disagree with her questioning the approach of the 06 to 14 Tigers. The problem didn't lie anywhere other than players failing to perform.

She seems to take the pessimism a little far even for our tone.

I wholly disagree with her questioning the approach of the 06 to 14 Tigers. The problem didn't lie anywhere other than players failing to perform.

She seems to take the pessimism a little far even for our tone.
I agree. She has an agenda. She really hates Tork, taking shots at him any time she can. She defends every other young player, but calls him out. He's 24 with basically a little less than 2 full seasons under his belt (292 games, 2 full seasons would be 324). He has sucked this year, but so has everyone else on the offense besides Carp.

she's really annoying.

Days of Roar Tigers Podcast: A Free Press Sports Detroit Tigers Podcast. 63 minutes.

Mark and Evan talk the Detroit Tigers' 3rd spot in the AL Central this week. The guys note the improved approach on offense and how the team is drawing more walks. They also cover the recent lapses in defense and highlight the stellar performance of the bullpen so far. The guys also tip their hats to Kerry Carpenter and focus in on Spencer Torkelson's struggles. After the break, "Days of Roar" is pleased to welcome to the show Jaylon Thompson, Kansas City Royals beat writer for The Kansas City Star. Jaylon offers insights on the seemingly unexpected hot start for the Royals and what's clicking right for the team. Later in the pod, Mark and Evan zoom in on the Tigers' starting pitching rotation and Casey Mize's bulldog tenacity in his last outing against the Twins.

I agree. She has an agenda. She really hates Tork, taking shots at him any time she can. She defends every other young player, but calls him out. He's 24 with basically a little less than 2 full seasons under his belt (292 games, 2 full seasons would be 324). He has sucked this year, but so has everyone else on the offense besides Carp.

she's really annoying.

I am not really worried about Torks offense

His D is another matter

But she seems to have a strangely glass half empty approach for a team writer.

To sum up the 06 to 14 Tigers in that sense is ridiculous. And I'm not saying to just kiss DDs ass and agree with it all but the dude gets results. Yes it comes with a price that you have to keep spending to keep winning. How awful!

I am not really worried about Torks offense

His D is another matter

But she seems to have a strangely glass half empty approach for a team writer.

To sum up the 06 to 14 Tigers in that sense is ridiculous. And I'm not saying to just kiss DDs ass and agree with it all but the dude gets results. Yes it comes with a price that you have to keep spending to keep winning. How awful!
Team writer? She's a blogger.

Back