Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 23 Detroit Tigers @ Tampa Bay Rays 6:50 p.m. EST 4/22

You know as a moderator your goal should be to drive traffic and interest in topics. KC pitches out this high volume of topical items and most of the time it gets almost no responses.

How about some insight into what was said there?
Sorry. I just don't care for her writing. I just have a thing with others thinking she has some insight into the Tigers front office or team or something. I don't think it's a mod's job to bring insight from a bloggers thoughts. When I read something here I have an opinion on or insight I will give it. In this case I don't have any..

Don't you guys realize she has people inside the Tigers front offices, it is how she is able to come up with daily information on the players coaches owner and any other Tigers news she writes about. Holly doesn't throw stuff on the wall and see what will stick.
Whatever, Since 2006 I have looked for anything Tigers and I will continue to do so until I can't due to health or just have had enough.

Don't you guys realize she has people inside the Tigers front offices, it is how she is able to come up with daily information on the players coaches owner and any other Tigers news she writes about. Holly doesn't throw stuff on the wall and see what will stick.
Whatever, Since 2006 I have looked for anything Tigers and I will continue to do so until I can't due to health or just have had enough.
I have no problems with your content if you enjoy. We're all grateful for the things you add.. If she has insider knowledge then I guess I was wrong.. It's okay to like or dislike different things.

Sorry. I just don't care for her writing. I just have a thing with others thinking she has some insight into the Tigers front office or team or something. I don't think it's a mod's job to bring insight from a bloggers thoughts. When I read something here I have an opinion on or insight I will give it. In this case I don't have any..
I enjoy and appreciate what you post.

I enjoy and appreciate what you post.
dWpYYS8yMDAuZ2lm.gif

Believe me guys, I appreciate all of you who are still here, and those of our group who posted in the past years and moved on. Sometimes life says it is time to do something else so they had to go.

You do a good job of giving us stuff to talk about. It hasn't been easy with this board starting during our peak (in my lifetime anyway I was 4 in 1984) and then by 2016 it being clear we were headed for rebuild. It is hard to be excited for mediocrity or terrible baseball.

Other people have to pick up slack.. myself included and obviously with my very low post count I haven't done that. Detroit sports is going in a better direction than it has collectively been in probably nearly a decade so here I am

As for Holly... yea I would suspect she does have much more information flowing her way than your average blogger and that's why I'm a little surprised she's not more positive. I don't expect her to shill for the Tigers but it's a pretty bleak take from her lol

Last edited:

I mean I don't care for it either lol that's what I was saying. Like damn lady you should be wanting to get people a little excited

As a Browns fan we have a woman who's a main source of info in Mary Kay Cabot and I think she does a great job keeping interest up without being over the top. She could easily allow for a more negative tone to seep into her narrative.

Believe me guys, I appreciate all of you who are still here, and those of our group who posted in the past years and moved on. Sometimes life says it is time to do something else so they had to go.

Dude it's possible some of these people have died man. I hate to say that but going back to the ESPN days we are talking nearly 20 years. Given that time frame I'd be one of the younger ones from when this started and I'm 43 now.

I wouldn't have the energy to do what you've done and you definitely deserve kudos for your efforts on this board.

Last 3 Tigers starts...
Mize: 6 IP, 0 R
Skubal: 6 IP, 0 R
Maeda: 5 IP, 0 R
It's the first time the Tigers have had 3 straight shutout starts of 5 innings or more in the same season since September 9-11, 1990.
That trio was: Scott Aldred, Frank Tanana and Steve Searcy.

Back