Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Detroit Tigers @ New York Mets 12:10 EST 4/4 G1 of DH

byco42

ESPN Gameday

Citi Field

Detroit Tigers (4-0)
Casey Mize R 0-0 .00 ERA

Confrimed Lineup
  1. CF P. Meadows L
  2. 1B S. Torkelson R
  3. DH K. Carpenter L
  4. LF Riley Greene L
  5. RF M. Vierling R
  6. 2B Colt Keith L
  7. C Carson Kelly R
  8. 3B Gio Urshela R
  9. SS Z. McKinstry L

New York Mets (0-4)
Adrian Houser R 0-0 .00 ERA

Confirmed Lineup
  1. LF B. Nimmo L
  2. SS F. Lindor S
  3. 1B Pete Alonso R
  4. C F. Alvarez R
  5. 3B Brett Baty L
  6. RF S. Marte R
  7. 2B Jeff McNeil L
  8. CF T. Taylor R
  9. DH DJ Stewart L
Umpires Not Announced

13% Precipitation
44° Wind 13 mph
LINE NYM -142 O/U 7.5 Runs

Freep Tigers How To Watch

Last edited:
Detroit Tigers game vs. New York Mets: Time, TV channel with Casey Mize on the mound.
Freep

How to Watch the Detroit Tigers vs. New York Mets - MLB (4/2/24) | Channel, Stream, Preview.
Mlive

^^^^^ Thanks, KC. I forgot that link. ^^^^^^ still a little rusty. This new format really simplifies building these game thread OPs.

Looks like it's in a delay at the moment even though start time isn't even here yet.

Bleh, of course it happens on a day when they are sitting Baez.

Looks like it's in a delay at the moment even though start time isn't even here yet.
I live a bit over 8 miles from Citi Field, and the chance of rain here drops to 24% at 9:00, 18% at 10:00, and 19% at 11:00. After that, it ramps up gradually to the 90’s again, and stays high until Thursday morning.

I live a bit over 8 miles from Citi Field, and the chance of rain here drops to 24% at 9:00, 18% at 10:00, and 19% at 11:00. After that, it ramps up gradually to the 90’s again, and stays high until Thursday morning.
Makes sense as to why they are trying to wait this out and haven't postponed the game yet.

Edit: game just got called. :(

Makes sense as to why they are trying to wait this out and haven't postponed the game yet.

Edit: game just got called. :(
I think the window shrunk a bit too far. Given the forecast, tomorrow looks really iffy as well; perhaps a double header on Thursday? It’s predicted to rain nonstop until Thursday morning.

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Through Monday’s games, the Detroit Tigers are 4-0. The last time they did this was in 2015.
Granted, they are not yet playing the top teams in baseball. But they have come from behind in most of their games, including 2 with extra innings.
The Tigers have added 9 new players to their roster and increased their bench depth as well. They have 5 new pitchers, 3 new infielders and 1 new outfielder.

While it is very early in the season, have you seen a fundamental change in the way this team plays? Are they doing things somewhat differently? Has the roster tweaking helped them play better? Are last year’s rookies a little more experienced?
Or do you not see much of a change at all? Is their 4-0 start more a result of circumstance?
Do you see the Tigers starting to play better baseball?

Are the Tigers starting to play better baseball?

1. Yes, they are playing better baseball.

2. I'm not sure just yet.

3. No, they are playing the same way as last year.

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Through Monday’s games, the Detroit Tigers are 4-0. The last time they did this was in 2015.
Granted, they are not yet playing the top teams in baseball. But they have come from behind in most of their games, including 2 with extra innings.
The Tigers have added 9 new players to their roster and increased their bench depth as well. They have 5 new pitchers, 3 new infielders and 1 new outfielder.

While it is very early in the season, have you seen a fundamental change in the way this team plays? Are they doing things somewhat differently? Has the roster tweaking helped them play better? Are last year’s rookies a little more experienced?
Or do you not see much of a change at all? Is their 4-0 start more a result of circumstance?
Do you see the Tigers starting to play better baseball?

Are the Tigers starting to play better baseball?

1. Yes, they are playing better baseball.

2. I'm not sure just yet.

3. No, they are playing the same way as last year.

VOTE
too early to tell. They have played bad teams and barely won. I am still hopeful though.

Should we just keep and edit this thread for tonight's game?
Sounds good Byco. Whatever you and the guys decide.

I won't be around much Wednesday or Thursday. I hope to be back from surgery by Friday.
Go Tigers!!!

The chance of rain in Queens by the hour is above 80% (and mostly above 90%) through midnight (with wind gusts up to 40 mph), so this thread will probably end up being the one for the Thursday afternoon game anyway.

Back