Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Detroit Tigers @ New York Mets 3:10 pm EST 4/4 G2 of DH

No quandary, just a what if. I watched him swing at it from about 100 feet away, and immediately wondered why. Perhaps he was hoping for a quick last half inning with a different outcome.

So Foley can’t go in back to back games on the same day I guess .
Shame like his stuff better than Faedo. What was the homer hit off of ?
I was out of the room ?
The homer was hit off of a changeup that almost hit the plate itself.

Maybe. Just not a fan of letting a home run hitter get a crack at a 86 mph pitch on the plate. Slider should be off the plate. You both know that. But that’s his slider I guess.

You are expecting perfection in a game where there is none.

The Tigers won 3 one run games and 2 extra innings games.

5 and 1 is a testament to how well the pen has done.

No team is going to win very many 1-0 games. And both them 9th inning hits were scooped off the deck. Maybe the hitters know where and what. Maybe the ball is juiced... Alonzo takes a half swing, ball is near the end of the bat and it goes 400 ft. Moving on.

No team is going to win very many 1-0 games. And both them 9th inning hits were scooped off the deck. Maybe the hitters know where and what. Maybe the ball is juiced... Alonzo takes a half swing, ball is near the end of the bat and it goes 400 ft. Moving on.
As our lead announcer said sometimes you have to tip your cap to the opposing players.. We won game 1 in the same fashion..

Manning, bullpen flirt with no-no in Tigers' walk-off loss.
Tigers official site

Blown save in Game 2 results in a doubleheader split with the Mets.
The Tigers bullpen was again the hero in Game 1, but they needed a little help in Game 2, and the offense couldn’t provide it.
BYBTB

Tigers (5-1) head home after doubleheader split: 'We can't wait to be at Comerica'.
Detnews

From no-hitter to no win: Detroit Tigers can't close deal in 2-1 loss to New York Mets.
Freep

Tigers lose lead in 9th inning, snap season-opening undefeated streak.
Mlive

Oakland up Friday. We have an all-time winning record verses the A’s
(1019-960) but have not won a season series from them since I think 2016.
I remember them talking about it on the broadcast last season.
2023 (3-4)
2022 (2-5)
2021 (1–6)
2020 no games
2019 (1-6)
2018 (0-7)
2017 (1-5)
2016 (4-3)
2015 (2-5)

I have hated the oakland a's since the mid 1960's when they used to throw at Kaline, Horton, and Northrup and other Tigers. That fucker lew krause jr.broke Kaline's arm in '68 and f'n campaneris with the bat throw at lagrow in the 72 playoffs.

The Pythagorean record is 4 and 2

6 and 0 would be extremely fortunate. Literally everything went Detroits way after the 8th the first 5 games

That just isn't going to happen.

6 and 0 would be extremely fortunate. Literally everything went Detroits way after the 8th the first 5 games

Happened in '84 a lot. I mean a lot. It's like when some say "oh his .384 average on batted balls in play will never hold up" but then does.

Happened in '84 a lot. I mean a lot. It's like when some say "oh his .384 average on batted balls in play will never hold up" but then does.

Thus far it looks like detroit has a very good bull pen so that's a bit of creating their own luck but even in a magical year like 84 a few games won't go your way

I'm not old enough to remember that year though lol

Close to old enough

FIVE FOR FRIDAY.
Totally Tigers

Now that the Detroit Tigers’ PoBO Scott Harris has been in the job for 1 full year, the 2024 season should prove to be much more interesting. Whenever a franchise makes a significant change in its leaders, you have to expect that the first year will be filled with analysis and righting the ship.
Much of that (but not all) should be over with the priority now becoming moving forward and throwing off the last of the world’s longest rebuild.

The Tigers have played 6 games through their first week of the new season so it’s still fairly difficult to make any meaty observations from that handful of games. However, we can identify some of the biggest stories that will play out this season. Stories that will impact how quickly – or how slowly – this team gets up to speed.
Today, I’ve got 5 significant stories we all need to follow this year.....

The bats are semi cold but at least we are middle of the pack in walks and strikeouts. Last April and May was just atrocious.

I have hated the oakland a's since the mid 1960's when they used to throw at Kaline, Horton, and Northrup and other Tigers. That fucker lew krause jr.broke Kaline's arm in '68 and f'n campaneris with the bat throw at lagrow in the 72 playoffs.
Fitting that Denny's 30th was against the A's and was a walk-off when Willie singled over Danny Cater in LF (the OF was pulled in). Bert heaving the bat was one of the most heated I ever got watching a sporting event. I hated that little demon and the whole A's team to the degree that I was actually rooting for the Reds to win the '72 WS.

And, I had tickets to all three WS games in 1972, but the Tigers, lost G5 2-1.

"The 1968 Detroit Tigers finished the regular season with 40 victories in which they were either trailing or tied in the seventh inning or later. Of those wins, 28 featured the Tigers taking the lead in the final inning."

Source: Freep.

And I listened to nearly every one of them on my Rhapsody transistor radio.

"The 1968 Detroit Tigers finished the regular season with 40 victories in which they were either trailing or tied in the seventh inning or later. Of those wins, 28 featured the Tigers taking the lead in the final inning."

Source: Freep.

And I listened to nearly every one of them on my Rhapsody transistor radio.

So 56 years ago lol

"Happens all the time"

Back