Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: OPENING DAY 2024 Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland A's 1:10 pm EST 4/5

Detroit Tigers GIF by MLB

Gio Urshela's clutch hit lifts Tigers in a tight home opener.
Tigers official site

Tigers 5 - a's 4.
Boxscore.

Tigers videos from today's 5 - 4 win over the a's

Tigers 5, A’s 4: Welcome Home Win.
The A’s kept it interesting, though.
BYBTB

Matt Vierling rudely interrupts pizza delivery with Tigers' first Comerica home run of 2024.
The timing couldn't have been better for the Tigers' first home run at Comerica Park this year.
MCBTB

Tigers pull out another late win on Opening Day, 5-4, over A's.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers pick up Tarik Skubal in 5-4 win over A's at Comerica Park Opening Day.
Freep

Tigers beat A’s in home opener with another down-to-the-wire finish.
Mlive

Last edited:
I didn't realize how slow of a start Parker Meadows has had. If he doesn't start hitting, he will be living with his brother.

Dickerson on the radio said in the post game that the A’s were like 19-2 or 19-3 in
Comerica Park last 20 some games. Is this right ? I didn’t hear it all.

Great start hope they can keep it up. I have to agree with others that the new play-by-play guy isn't doing it for me. He spends way too much time trying to be funny and it just comes across as cringe.

I'm shocked some of you don't like Benetti. I think he's great. They just need to find someone with a pulse to pair with him. Not a fan of Monroe and it's insane that they're still shoving Gibby out there. Sheppard was by far the worst play by play guy I've ever heard so maybe I'm pumping Benetti up a bit, but I know he's not horrible.

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers just finished their home opener, which they won in an exciting back-and-forth game. They are now 6-1.
There were lots of memorable moments, but which one was your favorite?

What was your favorite moment from the home opener?

1. Mark Canha's bat flip/long stare into his former team's dugout after hitting HR.

2. Spencer Torkelson driving in 2 runs.

3. Alex Lange not choking under high pressure and earning a save.

VOTE

I'm shocked some of you don't like Benetti. I think he's great. They just need to find someone with a pulse to pair with him. Not a fan of Monroe and it's insane that they're still shoving Gibby out there. Sheppard was by far the worst play by play guy I've ever heard so maybe I'm pumping Benetti up a bit, but I know he's not horrible.
for me it's not about liking or not liking Benetti, it's the entire production. He could be the best broadcaster since Ernie Harwell, but when you incorporate the rest of the group with him, the broadcast is still trash.

for me it's not about liking or not liking Benetti, it's the entire production. He could be the best broadcaster since Ernie Harwell, but when you incorporate the rest of the group with him, the broadcast is still trash.
Selective listening is the key. When Monroe or Gibby start to speak make a conscious effort to close the ears. Or if that doesn't work jab a fork in your neck so your attention is focused elsewhere.

Selective listening is the key. When Monroe or Gibby start to speak make a conscious effort to close the ears. Or if that doesn't work jab a fork in your neck so your attention is focused elsewhere.
The problem is that Monroe doesn't shut the fuck up. I really like Bobby Scales who's working with Dickerson on the radio. Give him or Cam Maybin some time with Benetti and I think we'd have a solid team. Shit, even Alex Avila was really good on the radio last season when he got a shot. No idea why they keep giving the blow hard Monroe so many games.

The problem is that Monroe doesn't shut the fuck up. I really like Bobby Scales who's working with Dickerson on the radio. Give him or Cam Maybin some time with Benetti and I think we'd have a solid team. Shit, even Alex Avila was really good on the radio last season when he got a shot. No idea why they keep giving the blow hard Monroe so many games.
Always agreed with Monroe never shutting up. And the aggravating voice of his..

Ranking the best off-field moments from the Tigers' Opening Day broadcast.
The Tigers beat the A's 5-4 in their home opener. The broadcast was a lot of fun beyond the game action, too.
MCBTB

Back