Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland A's 1:10 p.m. EST 4/6

I think they said 22 or 23 parks. I'm sure the other teams have hit balls like that in our stadium that would have been gone in others .. Those are just excuses. In a normal day the Kelly and Meadows "hits" would and should have been errors.

A babip 50 points lower isn't an excuse that's a clear case of bad luck that will eventually even out over a month even.

That said the Tigers aren't going to win 80 percent of their one run games either so 6 and 2 is fortunate given the hitting. The Tigers aren't going to end the year with like a 2.2 era lol

Who's blaming the cold weather. Just look at the lineup too many guys who haven't been good hitters or ones who haven't proven enough that we know yet. Did anyone look at this lineup and thought we'd be juggernauants? That's not how this team is going to win games. It never was.
They talk about the cold weather all the time on the radio broadcast but always mention that both teams have to play in it. It seems to be an issue with Tiger teams. Errors and cold weather doomed the 2006 and 2012 World Series teams. Heck maybe the Giants were better than us but losing to the 2006 still stings. I remember how bundled up Polonco was..

Hopefully they win today. I’ll be listening on the radio mostly I think .
Go Tigers !

A babip 50 points lower isn't an excuse that's a clear case of bad luck that will eventually even out over a month even.

That said the Tigers aren't going to win 80 percent of their one run games either so 6 and 2 is fortunate given the hitting. The Tigers aren't going to end the year with like a 2.2 era lol
I wasn't talking about BABIP just the Carp long fly out. Same excuses when Nicky C was here.. If center is too deep hit it elsewhere or ask for a trade.

I wasn't talking about BABIP just the Carp long fly out. Same excuses when Nicky C was here.. If center is too deep hit it elsewhere or ask for a trade.

To be fair it was a double lol

That fly out by Carpenter today was absolutely unacceptable. First pitch swinging high in the zone on a dude who can't find the plate with a telescope.

Back