Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Lions vs Falcons in LONDON Thread

Quickest overtime ever. TB fumbles recovered by MIN and returned for TD. Total length of OT = 17 seconds.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

See how it says NFC north champ right by us? And gb is 6th seed?

Cool. If its an 8 week season we win the division.

Do you understand it doesn't mean shit and for all intents and purposes we are tied? If we win all but GB, and GB wins out GB wins the north. Pretty simple, like the lions, GB controls its destiny. So tie breakers don't matter at this point, because if GB wins out we finish behind them.

Last edited:
Wolverine fans finding comfort and solace in a dramatic and wild come from behind victory in London by the Detroit Lions, after a devastating and humiliating Wolverine beat down by the Spartans.

I find myself looking up to the sky, and out toward the horizon...

...for fire.

I mean literally sick, but yeah...that too. It's been a bad weekend. After the first half, i thought it'd get even worse.

I mean literally sick, but yeah...that too. It's been a bad weekend. After the first half, i thought it'd get even worse.

I'm merely pointing out that Wolverine fans taking solace in an unlikely Detroit Lions win after being clown stomped by the Spartans appears to me to be nothing possible other than the sign of the impending apocalypse.

I'm merely pointing out that Wolverine fans taking solace in an unlikely Detroit Lions win after being clown stomped by the Spartans appears to me to be nothing possible other than the sign of the impending apocalypse.

This is true.

My cough is also proof that Satan has possessed me and is trying to escape into Earth through my lungs.

The Lions...cheering up Wolverines fans after watching little brother clown stomp them yet again? Unusual. Definitely Supernatural.

Quickest overtime ever. TB fumbles recovered by MIN and returned for TD. Total length of OT = 17 seconds.

The shortest overtime in NFL history was 11 seconds in the playoff game between the Steelers and Broncos played January 8, 2012 with the Broncos winning 29-23. After the opening kickoff of OT went for a touchback, Broncos QB Tim Tebow threw a pass to WR Demaryius Thomas that Thomas took 80 yards for a TD on the first offensive play.

The shortest overtime in NFL regular season history was 14 seconds in the game between the Bills and Jets played in 2002. Chad Morton of the Jets returned the opening kickoff of OT 96 yards for a TD.

The next shortest was 21 seconds when Dave Williams of the Bears returned the opening kickoff of OT 95 yards for a TD to defeat the Lions on Thanksgiving Day in 1980.

How can that be right? Was there a flag on the Lions? I forgot did we have to re-kick?

Last edited:
I think the Lions lost to the bears on a kickoff return way way back a long time ago..

I think it was a Thanksgiving Day Sunday on an overtime kickoff...

95 yard kick return... lost the following week at the St Louis cardinals 24-23

Bears ended 7-9 Cardinals 5-11...Lions win next two weeks finish
9-7 tied with Minnesota for the division... Lost tiebreaker :/ No playoffs

I think that was the year we won the first four games and the
Whole damn stated started singing another one bites the dust...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The History of 6-2

To my surprise, there were several occurrences of 6-2 in Lions history. Today marks the 12th time that the Lions have started exactly 6-2.

1933: Finished 0-3
1939: Finished 0-3
1945: Finished 1-1
1952: Finished 3-1, won Championship
1953: Finished 4-0, won Championship
1962: Finished 5-1
1991: Finished 6-2, lost NFC Championship
1993: Finished 4-4, lost WC
1999: Finished 2-6, lost WC
2007: Finished 1-7
2011: Finished 4-4, lost WC

To my surprise, there were several occurrences of 6-2 in Lions history. Today marks the 12th time that the Lions have started exactly 6-2.

Nice find!!!! Hopefully this year will be different!!!!!

So if we go undefeated or only lose once, we will win it all?

One thought I had after the game had ended was do you think a kicker would intentionally take a delay of game in order to have a practice kick? Basically what Prater did on accident today. I don't think they would from farther back, but if the wind was really blowing on a shorter kick, they could theoretically test the wind.

Not saying this would ever happen, but I found it interesting to think about.

One thought I had after the game had ended was do you think a kicker would intentionally take a delay of game in order to have a practice kick? Basically what Prater did on accident today. I don't think they would from farther back, but if the wind was really blowing on a shorter kick, they could theoretically test the wind.

Not saying this would ever happen, but I found it interesting to think about.

Not necessarily a bad idea if it was a bit of a shorter kick. Fortunately for most kickers the opposing coaches are now dumb enough to try and freeze them with a time out but wait until the last second to call it so he gets the practice kick. Honestly though, I don't think anyone would be smart enough to test your idea on a windy day. A strong wind would probably be the only reason to do so right? Or they would be too afraid to back up 5 more yards and then maybe the wind has a larger effect on the kick.

Back