Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: Lions @ Chargers Thread

The defense needs at least one more pass rusher. It?s not a pretty picture when this defense doesn?t generate any pressure. I hope we can get CJ back at some point, he probably could have made a big impact yesterday. Anybody heard any updates on him lately? And it?s a shame about Moseley this year. Alas, we hardly knew ye.

Not gonna lie, the Bears game scares the crap out of me. Our offense will be fine, but we don't have an answer....shit, we don't even have a suggestion.....for what to do with Fields.

We don't have anyone athletic enough on the DL to track him down. We have problems getting the QB on the ground as it is. I don't like the idea of Barnes, AA or Campbell spying him. Bringing a S in the box to spy leaves the run game vulnerable.

Guess we'll see.

Fields might go for 175 yards on the ground. Just hope we do what we need to do when he puts it in the air.

Not gonna lie, the Bears game scares the crap out of me. Our offense will be fine, but we don't have an answer....shit, we don't even have a suggestion.....for what to do with Fields.

We don't have anyone athletic enough on the DL to track him down. We have problems getting the QB on the ground as it is. I don't like the idea of Barnes, AA or Campbell spying him. Bringing a S in the box to spy leaves the run game vulnerable.

Guess we'll see.

Fields might go for 175 yards on the ground. Just hope we do what we need to do when he puts it in the air.

I'm more worried about the 2nd one they will have in Chi. People keep saying Goff doesn't preform nearly as well on the road but that's misleading, it's not the road he tends to have sub par games it's road games in open air stadiums. That will be the last regular season game in an open air stadium. I say they end up losing that one.

Guess we'll see.

Yeah division games are always annoying

It won't be 40-10 Lions win like last year as the Bears have more firepower

The other game Fields ran wild and it was a shootout Lions win (on a missed XP by the Bears and the Okudah pick 6 for the come back

Lions better bring it

I'm more worried about the 2nd one they will have in Chi. People keep saying Goff doesn't preform nearly as well on the road but that's misleading, it's not the road he tends to have sub par games it's road games in open air stadiums. That will be the last regular season game in an open air stadium. I say they end up losing that one.

Dec 10 in Chicago. Weather a factor for sure.

If Lions can run wild though, they should win

Liosn are 4th in rush yards per game and 4th in pass yards per game. Nice to have balance and be really good on offense with a great OC

Lions' offense in 2023:

- 1st in 20+ yard plays (49)
- t-1st in 20+ yard TDs (13)
- 2nd in net yards/game (406.4)
- 3rd in yards/play (5.93)
- 4th in net passing yards/game (267.4)
- 4th in rushing yards/game (139.0)
- 4th in TDs/game (3.22)

The only Lions rookies to produce 400+ scrimmage yards and 4 TDs in a three-game span:

- Jahmyr Gibbs (2023)
- Barry Sanders (1989)
- Billy Sims (1980)

Last edited:
Also I want to know why Jets and Raiders weren?t flexed out in favor of this game two weeks ago. Would?ve been more entertaining for America. Really getting tired of watching the Jets offense stink it up in primetime every single week it seems.

Guess we'll see.

We're 7-2! We shouldn't be scared of anybody in the NFC, especially the Bears.

We're 7-2! We shouldn't be scared of anybody in the NFC, especially the Bears.

Really? The last 3 even decent QB?s we?ve played?.Geno Smith, Lamar Jackson and Herbert?.we?ve given up 37, 38 and 38 pts.

Fields ran for 279 yards on 23 carries against us last year. We have defensive issues. I love this team?.but to be blind to the fact we really struggle with mobile QB?s and just good QB?s in general is dumb. What kind of QB?s do you think we?re going to see in the playoffs?

Last edited:
What killed us is that we couldn't tackle their big ass receivers. And half the time we couldn't cover them, either.

Dec 10 in Chicago. Weather a factor for sure.

If Lions can run wild though, they should win

Liosn are 4th in rush yards per game and 4th in pass yards per game. Nice to have balance and be really good on offense with a great OC

Hopefully it's pretty cold when we go to Chicago. At least get one game under your belt in those conditions....considering we might have to go to Philadelphia in January.

Hopefully it's pretty cold when we go to Chicago. At least get one game under your belt in those conditions....considering we might have to go to Philadelphia in January.

Eagles super tough schedule coming up

Let's just get HFA with our easier schedule and not worry about it

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 91.4
Goff 90
Montgomery 86.8
McNeill 86.2
Sewell 83.1

Bottom 5 Overall
Sutton 43.2
Joseph 43.9
Branch 49.1
J Okwara 49.2
Paschal 50.3

Other notables
Ragnow 80.3
Hutch 79.5
Decker 74.8
LaPorta 73.9
Cominsky 73.5
Thor 72.8
Glasgow 68
Jamo 66.7
Campbell 62.8
Gibbs 62.5
Jackson 56.3

Reactions: 503
PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Amon-Ra 91.4
Goff 90
Montgomery 86.8
McNeill 86.2
Sewell 83.1

Bottom 5 Overall
Sutton 43.2
Joseph 43.9
Branch 49.1
J Okwara 49.2
Paschal 50.3

Other notables
Ragnow 80.3
Hutch 79.5
Decker 74.8
LaPorta 73.9
Cominsky 73.5
Thor 72.8
Glasgow 68
Jamo 66.7
Campbell 62.8
Gibbs 62.5
Jackson 56.3

Bottom 5, all defense. Shocker.

Happy to see Jamo with a decent grade. It would be even higher with a TD if Decker didn't have the bone head penalty when he went low. I thought Jamo played well with his opportunities. He had some nice blocks, the TD called back and made the catch where he had to go to the ground. Hopefully he can build on that.

Back