Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Girl accidentally shoots and kills

a similar thing happened with a kid shooting and killing himself because he couldn't hold the uzi straight after the recoil. it kicked back, and the next shot went through his head. it was pretty horrifying... his dad was standing right there. I think it was in Nevada though, but it may have been Arizona as well.

Teaching your kid how to bang away at cans with a .22 is one thing, but I just can't understand how any reasonable adult could have a kid handle an automatic weapon, or anything with a high recoil like that.

I don't know what these people are thinking, but it may be a product of the NRA and open carry people's nonsense. guns are safe, and everybody should have access to them all the time... even if lots of people die tragically like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup I agree...Never should have happened M...
But the NRA has to much power to influence elections...

Last edited:
Holy crap.. these books are just a sad statement of polarization of the two party system we have to live with.....

That's the last nine year old girl that dumbass is ever going to hand an automatic weapon over to.

On the one hand it seems very reasonable to believe a pro-gun parent who is trying to provide gun education to their child would be intelligent enough to not give them something like an Uzi. As a secondary backup should the parent prove unintelligent, one would reasonably believe the gun instructor would have enough intelligence to not allow a 9 year old the opportunity to even HOLD the gun, let alone a loaded one.

On the other hand, Darwinism and other similar -isms exist for a reason, because there are times when people prove to not be intelligent.

There is NOTHING wrong with trying to teach a 9 year old how to responsibly handle a weapon. 1. Avoid even touching a gun unless absolutely necessary. If you see a gun laying around, do not stand in front of the barrel and call a parent or police to retrieve it. 2. Defining absolutely necessary as situational exercises, like a younger child potentially trying to grab it, but first try to grab that child and keep them away. 3. Teach them how to properly hold a BB gun with the barrel not pointed at anyone, preferably pointed toward the ground as well. 3. A demonstration of a BB gun vs a real gun fired by an adult, how the different guns result in considerably different amounts of damage to a target.

There are reasonable reasons to teach kids even as young as 9 some basic gun safety. Such instruction should NOT include automatic weapons, or even semi-automatic in my opinion. If they are so young, uncontrollable, or undeveloped that they cannot properly load and unload a weapon, then their training should be done when they are able to do those things properly.

It isn't a problem that the gun exists, it is a problem with proper parenting and proper instructing. Similarly, pills (OTC, prescribed, illegal, etc.) or poisons (insecticides, cleaners, etc.) exist, kids need to understand they are not to use them improperly, such as the difference between children's vitamins and other drugs. Kids do many things that endanger themselves and others, it is proper parenting and supervision that prevents bad things from happening, but you cannot be over top of them 24x7 as any parent knows, so it becomes a matter of teaching the basic skillsets and not putting the kid in situations with high potentiality for tragedy, yet still giving them training so they can recognize a potentially bad situation and hopefully handle themselves in a way that prevents tragedy.

That's the last nine year old girl that dumbass is ever going to hand an automatic weapon over to.

Yep, and frankly he as the instructor deserved to be shot for doing something that stupid. Parents often do stupid things with their kids, but I personally hold a gun instructor to a higher level of competency, such as knowing a 9 year old should not be firing an automatic weapon.

Yep, and frankly he as the instructor deserved to be shot for doing something that stupid. Parents often do stupid things with their kids, but I personally hold a gun instructor to a higher level of competency, such as knowing a 9 year old should not be firing an automatic weapon.

Yeah, it is stupid; and it's stupid for a facility to being doing this.

Just hope this got that through the guy's head.

Yeah, it is stupid; and it's stupid for a facility to being doing this.

Just hope this got that through the guy's head.

Difficult to say really. Obviously he has a hole in his head. He seems quite void of a brain these days. But hey, maybe he now is fortunate enough to see the light. Best of luck to him on that!

Difficult to say really. Obviously he has a hole in his head. He seems quite void of a brain these days. But hey, maybe he now is fortunate enough to see the light. Best of luck to him on that!

thatsthejoke.jpg

that's why kids need this

http://www.amazon.com/My-Parents-Op...9154932&sr=8-1&keywords=my+parents+open+carry

the scary thing is looking at this book on amazon and seeing the other books people who bought this book had purchased

if someone ever tried to give either of those to my kid, I would toss them in the trash right in front of them, and say "Poison! Bad!"

if someone ever tried to give either of those to my kid, I would toss them in the trash right in front of them, and say "Poison! Bad!"

then, if that person started to say "OH, you liberals can't handle criticism or respect my 1st Amendment right to free speech" I would punch them in the mouth.

The worst part is that poor little girl has to cope with that for the rest of her life.

The worst part is that poor little girl has to cope with that for the rest of her life.

That was my first thought.

Maybe she becomes a huge anti-gun advocate now. Either that or she brags about smoking some fool with an Uzi when she was nine.

How horrible, all around. First putting a semi-automatic weapon in the hands of a nine year old child and thinking that's smart and then the reaction of the gun lobby.

Can't blame 'mental health' this time ...fuck, can't blame the shooter for being stupid like the guy who shot himself at Taco Bell the other week.

Damn, maybe NINE YEAR OLD KIDS SHOULDN'T BE SHOOTING GUNS BUT INSTEAD, PLAYING ON A FUCKING PLAYGROUND OR WITH TOYS SOMEWHERE!!!!

Back