Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Goff

Game one and Goff had 5 TDs and no turnovers. Hope he keeps it up.

I was worried after first few series where Lions were not adjusting to blitz very well. They finally did and that was that. It?s amazing what a healthy line does for a offense.

I think Goff has earned an extension. He took us to the NFC Championship game.

I think it all depends on how they feel about HH. If he is ready to take over in 2024 or 25, I think at most he gets the franchise tag next year. But if HH isn't close, you have to give Goff a 4 yr extension around $50 million a year.

It all comes down to HH development.

I think it all depends on how they feel about HH. If he is ready to take over in 2024 or 25, I think at most he gets the franchise tag next year. But if HH isn't close, you have to give Goff a 4 yr extension around $50 million a year.

50 a year? For Goff?

The fk, where have I been.

just watching football like the rest of us...and making peanuts when compared to these athletes!

One game check at $50M per year is $2.9M. If a person averaged $73.5K a year for 40 years they would make $2.9M in their lifetime.

just watching football like the rest of us...and making peanuts when compared to these athletes!

One game check at $50M per year is $2.9M. If a person averaged $73.5K a year for 40 years they would make $2.9M in their lifetime.

Those are just crazy numbers. Probably why I'm drawn to hockey. MacKinnon signed a record eight-year, $100.8 million extension a year ago. McDavid is making only 11m. More than me for sure, and still a millionaire, but I can at least relate to it..

It's not my money but 50, dang.

Those are just crazy numbers. Probably why I'm drawn to hockey. MacKinnon signed a record eight-year, $100.8 million extension a year ago. McDavid is making only 11m. More than me for sure, and still a millionaire, but I can at least relate to it..

It's not my money but 50, dang.

salaries are tied to revenue. NHL players don't make as much because the sport isn't very popular when compared to the NFL, NBA, and MLB.

I was going to tell you to be a Detroit Shock fan and was going to look up their salaries. I didn't even realize that they don't have a team anymore

salaries are tied to revenue. NHL players don't make as much because the sport isn't very popular when compared to the NFL, NBA, and MLB.

I was going to tell you to be a Detroit Shock fan and was going to look up their salaries. I didn't even realize that they don't have a team anymore

I realize that Tom. But lets be real hockey is so much more fun over that of Football and Basketball. You don't have to agree, I know you know.

But it does make me feel a little better that they only make 200 times more than me rather than 1,000 times more. The simple things in life.

I realize that Tom. But lets be real hockey is so much more fun over that of Football and Basketball. You don't have to agree, I know you know.

But it does make me feel a little better that they only make 200 times more than me rather than 1,000 times more. The simple things in life.

everyone is different. For me, Hockey is just a hair better than soccer. I will go to a minor league hockey game once in a great while. Not so much as to watch the game, but just a reason to get out of the house in the winter. Go downtown, grab dinner, and watch about half a game.

everyone is different. For me, Hockey is just a hair better than soccer. I will go to a minor league hockey game once in a great while. Not so much as to watch the game, but just a reason to get out of the house in the winter. Go downtown, grab dinner, and watch about half a game.

Translation: Hockey is awesome. I get ya, no need to say it out loud.

You believe Hendon Hooker might be the future? I would imagine he's a career backup.

Goff is going to get paid. $50 million a year is scary, but you have to do it at this point... Hopefully it's only partially guaranteed and they can dump him without too much of a financial impact if need be.

You believe Hendon Hooker might be the future? I would imagine he's a career backup.

Goff is going to get paid. $50 million a year is scary, but you have to do it at this point... Hopefully it's only partially guaranteed and they can dump him without too much of a financial impact if need be.

I think HH has potential. My issue with HH is his age compared to Goff. He's only a couple years younger than Goff and Goff has proven he can get this team to deep playoff runs. I'm not ready to give HH the keys. I know what I have in Goff.

I don't think you risk a QB change with this team. The only way HH gets the job is if Goff is injured and HH lights it up. If that happens, sorry Goff. You got Wally Pipp-ed.

Hockey is my favorite sport to play. Baseball my favorite to follow. Professional hockey players are as a whole about as humble and approachable as the come.

Sadly I like every sport.. I see the strategy in all of them. 45-50 million will be what Goff will get and in football terms he is worth it. Sadly the sports salaries are crazy but I will still watch. The Cap went way up more than people thought it would. There is money to get just about everything we need to this off season.

Back