Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"Hail Satan" t-shirt almost gets woman kicked off flight

A heckler asked Bishop Sheen a question about someone who had died. The Bishop replied, "I will ask him when I get to heaven." The heckler replied, "What if he isn't in Heaven?"
The Bishop replied, "Well then you ask him."

kinda seems like St. Peter is in on the scam in your scenario. i mean he coulda warned the guy

Yeah, see my post #15; there?s a shill in time share sales too; the nice like-able rep who gives the 90 minute presentation plays the role of St. Peter.

Then the manager swoops in as Satan in the first version of hell.

Then the new owner tries to book a vacay, and the maintenance fees pile up, and enter the fire and brimstone.

A heckler asked Bishop Sheen a question about someone who had died. The Bishop replied, "I will ask him when I get to heaven." The heckler replied, "What if he isn't in Heaven?"
The Bishop replied, "Well then you ask him."

Fulton Sheen? He was a bishop?

Charlie Sheen is named indirectly for him.

How ironic.

Charlie?s mostly liberal dad is unwaveringly pro-life, but you probably already know that.

Fulton Sheen? He was a bishop?

Charlie Sheen is named indirectly for him.

How ironic.

Charlie?s mostly liberal dad is unwaveringly pro-life, but you probably already know that.

Fulton Sheen is now venerated and was about to be beatified until the Bishop of Rochester intervened (sabotaged) the process. The Holy See stopped the beatification. The Venerable Bishop Sheen will be a Saint someday, in spite of the disruptive intervention of this Bishop Matano and the Holy See, who probably does not view a man like Sheen as ?one of them.? It?s sickening, as are many other matters in the Church these days. Purification is never pleasant.

Yeah, see my post #15; there?s a shill in time share sales too; the nice like-able rep who gives the 90 minute presentation plays the role of St. Peter.

St. Peter merely validated the souls intent. He invited him into Heaven and the soul hesitated. Then the soul had the opportunity to refuse a second time and St. Peter did not intervene. An object lesson in free will.

It?s sickening, as are many other matters in the Church these days. Purification is never pleasant.

I know, right?

Generations of child molestations which led to countless horrific outcomes up to suicides covered up, now Charlie Sheen?s namesake not beatified by Vatican bureaucracy, it?s like...wtf is next?

St. Peter merely validated the souls intent. He invited him into Heaven and the soul hesitated. Then the soul had the opportunity to refuse a second time and St. Peter did not intervene. An object lesson in free will.

What can I tell ya?

Your story in #13 reminded me of a time share presentation.

Every time share purchaser had the option, after 90 minutes, to say ?all right, times up, now give me my four days and three nights in Hawai?i; I?m outta here.?

Last edited:
I know, right?

Generations of child molestations which led to countless horrific outcomes up to suicides covered up, now Charlie Sheen?s namesake not beatified by Vatican bureaucracy, it?s like...wtf is next?

A purified church with men like Bishop Sheen granted Sainthood.

LOL, that's pretty good!

Back when I was publishing my satire elsewhere than here, I wrote a spoof about theologians debating the correct pronunciation of ?goddameter,? the celestial instrument through which each individual?s frequency of taking the Lord?s name in vain is measured and recorded in Heaven.

A good Christian engineer died and was erroneously sent to Hell. Once there, he went to work reorganizing everything. He installed air-conditioning, cooling jets, refrigeration, the works.

Meantime, up in Heaven, the snafu was discovered and God sent and angry message down to Hell. "I request the immediate return of the engineer you have there. He belongs with us!"...

"No way", replied the Devil, "here he came, here he stays"...."If you do not comply instantly, I will sue you!" exclaimed God.

"And where are you going to find a lawyer up there?"...came back the Devil.

har har har.

how come lawyers get such a bad rep? i mean we're some of the only professionals governed by strict ethical rules. You cheat/steal from your clients in business, and you get promoted. Do that as a lawyer and they disbar your ass!

Without lawyers there would be no law. Or law shows on television that accurately depict the legal process.

Without lawyers there would be no law. Or law shows on television that accurately depict the legal process.

my life is a lot like lawyer shows; always high drama.

i never spend hours slogging through 30 page contracts while posting on DSF...

my life is a lot like lawyer shows; always high drama.

i never spend hours slogging through 30 page contracts while posting on DSF...

I read through and edited an ordinance agreement for cell phone towers (56 pages) and I wanted to run though a swarm of killer bees for relief when I was finished.

har har har.

how come lawyers get such a bad rep? i mean we're some of the only professionals governed by strict ethical rules. You cheat/steal from your clients in business, and you get promoted. Do that as a lawyer and they disbar your ass!

The devil could?ve said the same thing about timeshare salesmen ? Except if there were any timeshare salesmen up there they would?ve been on vacation.

I read through and edited an ordinance agreement for cell phone towers (56 pages) and I wanted to run though a swarm of killer bees for relief when I was finished.

the most accurate description I've read of the profession is that it manages to somehow be both boring AND stressful

the most accurate description I've read of the profession is that it manages to somehow be both boring AND stressful

That?s what it said about police surveillance. Hours and hours of boredom with a few moments of sheer terror.

That?s what it said about police surveillance. Hours and hours of boredom with a few moments of sheer terror.

And, according to the TV shows, nonsensical conversation and lack of awareness just when the suspect appears.

yeah, but everyone knows cops are stupid, and everyone expects them to screw up, miss the important part, shoot the wrong person, lose the evidence, etc.

everyone expects their attorney to have read every goddamn word in a document, figured it all out by themselves, thought through every possible contingency, and gets really nasty if you hold something up or ask them a question about it, even something reasonable like "hey, did you read through it and confirm they wrote the terms as agreed? I'm not a mind reader so I don't know what you expected it to say, and you didn't give me any information or background as to what this is about when you emailed it to me, just 'pls handle thx'.

shit!

What might the devil do that could possibly make things worse right now?

other than us still not adopting communism, what exactly is so bad right now? Is it your virulent racism that has you so upset about things like the lowest minority unemployment EVER or that the bottom quintiles have seen the fastest wage growth over the past 2 years? Or is it because you think a ranting teenager trumps actual science and so you believe we're in the throws of a mass extinction due to something that also isn't actually happening?

Back