Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh rumored to LA Rams

Harbaugh to the Lions. I just now think I heard someone outside my office window say it.

As much as I love my lions, I bleed maize and blue. Not sure I'd be able to forgive him for leaving UM for such a bad job. I could probably forgive him leaving for the steelers or another team on that level. It'd take a while, but I'd eventually get over it.

Lions are 9-4, in first place in their division, and 2nd place in the NFC. I don't think they have a job opening.

Although, a lot of people might still be interested if they thought Harbaugh was a possibility.

In the last month, I have heard three different people say "Harbaugh" "Lions" and "coach" at different times in different conversations, so I think that's a basis for a solid rumor that Harbaugh is going leave Michigan to coach the Lions this season.

Last edited:
I don't believe Harbaugh left the NFL to come to Michigan to later go back to the NFL.

I have read that coaching Michigan has always been Harbaugh's "dream job."

I read that his father told him "make sure that when you go to Michigan you're ready for it to be your last job."

Barring something dramatic and unforeseen, I think that's going to turn out to be the case.

In the last month, I have heard three different people say "Harbaugh" "Lions" and "coach" at different times in different conversations, so I think that's a basis for a solid rumor that Harbaugh is going leave Michigan to coach the Lions this season.

whoa. that's more than solid rumor. am I hearing this right? three separate insiders have said Harbaugh to the Lions is a done deal? This is basically a printable fact. Get Herbstreit on the phone.

I think Harbaugh took the Michigan job to get closer to the Lions' HC position. He's a former Lion, after all.

As I said before, I can see him going back to the NFL. But it's not this team.

Jeff Fisher has been fired...

Well shit.

30408938.jpg

It not a rumor....it was the first thing that popped up on my facebook this morning. Thats how you know its true!

As I said before, I can see him going back to the NFL. But it's not this team.

Harbaugh can get a shit head coaching job for a shit NFL team pretty much anytime he wants to.

He could have gotten one of a number of shit head coaching jobs in the NFL at the time he chose Michigan.

If he were to walk away from Michigan he very likely would never get another chance to coach Michigan.

Last edited:
Oakland, jets, Philadelphia, we're some of the teams he could have picked from, and I am sure I am missing one or two. Hopefully he will issue a statement so we do not lose out on any recruits.

Harbaugh can get a shit head coaching job for a shit NFL team pretty much anytime he wants to.

He could have gotten one of a number of shit head coaching jobs in the NFL at the time he chose Michigan.

If he were to walk away from Michigan he very likely would never get another chance to coach Michigan.

Honestly it never really seemed like he was into the idea of going back to college in the first place imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped back.

Oakland, jets, Philadelphia, we're some of the teams he could have picked from, and I am sure I am missing one or two. Hopefully he will issue a statement so we do not lose out on any recruits.

La gives him a chance to go back to so cal. Oakland would have put him back in the bay area. ...he probably want to thrilled about that.

Honestly it never really seemed like he was into the idea of going back to college in the first place imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped back.

Right, because nobody is ever into the idea in the first place of doing what they choose to do.

I mean that shit just doesn't make any fucking sense, right?

Last edited:
Well, Harbaugh was a college coach for his first seven years of coaching. He's didn't return to something foreign.

If he left before winning a natty with Michigan, I'd be stunned. He's a legend here, he's just starting his kids back in A2, loves the city, etc... Why would you leave something you are building and are becoming basically a god to a half assed football town that really doesn't give a shit?

Like when he chose a shitty san fran job over Michigan the first time?

I mean, that's only what happened if you strip away all facts and context. Then he left the NFL, when there were attractive NFL head coaching jobs open, to come home. I think that weighs more in this discussion in any case.

Maybe you need to sit this discussion out.

Not that cut and dried. Maybe he wanted nothing to do with Dave Brandon. "I was not feeling the love," said Harbaugh of the inquiries, none of which were from Brandon personally. Realistically, the communication remained cursory and hypothetical, and no offer was made. Brandon had a month to fire RR and look for a coach. Instead he dangled him for that long, fired him and discovered that JH was not available two days later.

He did if the choice was his.

If that's the case then he made the choise he wanted at the time.

The dynamics were very different for both Harbaugh and Michigan then.

Harbaugh had yet to prove himself in the NFL.

Nobody knows if Brandon offered Harbaugh the job.

Didn't Brandon fly back and forth across the country to meet with Harbaugh, then Miles then Hoke all in one day?

Hoke would be easiest for Brandon to control.

Likely the Harbaugh and Miles meetings was a dog and pony show.

Back