Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops HC Candidates

thewolverines24

The list is likely to grow over time, but Sam Webb put up the first round of candidates being targeted. They are Brad Stevens, Porter Moser, Lavall Jordan, and Juwan Howard.

Stevens and Juwan are the only two good options out of that list. Everyone knows Stevens track record and Juwan is one of the most highly respected assistants in the NBA.

Warde Manuel apparently had Porter Moser on his short list while JB was flirting with the Pistons job last year. That's concerning to say the least. Moser had his one great year where he got Loyola to the Final Four, but that's the only time he has made the tourney in his 19 years of coaching. He's also been under .500 in conference for 6 out of his 8 years at Loyola. He?s only coached four teams that finished in the KenPom Top 100 since 2001.

Lavall Jordan has not been good at Butler. He's 37-31 in his first two years. He was also terrible, 11-24, in his one year at Milwaukee. A Saddi or Yak internal hire would be much better than bringing him back.

Last edited:
one of my friends - who won't shut up about this - said Billy Donovan wants to move back to college and should be our first pick.

one of my friends - who won't shut up about this - said Billy Donovan wants to move back to college and should be our first pick.

I'm all for it if he wants to come to Ann Arbor. He was wildly successful at Florida and would be a great hire.

Manuel's first list makes me nervous. We aren't a mid-major program. We're a top 15 program in the country that's been as successful as anyone in the tournament since 2013. Need to act like it.

How long will the new coach have to show he can keep the program playing at its current high level? 3 years? JB brought the program to a high level. Not gonna be easy to keep that going.

How long will the new coach have to show he can keep the program playing at its current high level? 3 years? JB brought the program to a high level. Not gonna be easy to keep that going.

That's why we can't hire a guy like Porter Moser.

Warde generated a list last season after JB turned down the Pistons.

I know. That's why I mentioned that Porter Moser has been on his list. He would be a disaster of a hire.

Juwan Howard is interviewing for the T'Wolves head coach position. I don't think we have any shot at him. NBA teams are circling him.

Did I ever tell you about the time I pulled Juwan's clothes out of the dryer in South Quad before they were dry and he dumped my clothes on the floor, tossed his back into the dryer on my quarter and finished his?

I was cool with it.

I know. That's why I mentioned that Porter Moser has been on his list. He would be a disaster of a hire.

Juwan Howard is interviewing for the T'Wolves head coach position. I don't think we have any shot at him. NBA teams are circling him.

Someone has a year to make a list and can only think of four coaches? And if this is one that is culled, that's concerning.

Did I ever tell you about the time I pulled Juwan's clothes out of the dryer in South Quad before they were dry and he dumped my clothes on the floor, tossed his back into the dryer on my quarter and finished his?

I was cool with it.

Maybe the T-Wolves will ba calling you as a character reference.

Someone has a year to make a list and can only think of four coaches? And if this is one that is culled, that's concerning.

I'm only going by what Sam Webb reported the list to be. He says it's the starting point and expects the list to grow with time.

I was cool with it.

Never pull wet clothes from a dryer in college. People lose their minds over that shit. Seems like Juwan responded appropriately.

I watched one guy throw another guy's clothes out of a fourth floor window for pulling his out of the dryer while they were still wet.

Never pull wet clothes from a dryer in college. People lose their minds over that shit. Seems like Juwan responded appropriately.

I watched one guy throw another guy's clothes out of a fourth floor window for pulling his out of the dryer while they were still wet.

I worked at a laundromat-arcade on Packard. It was my job to pull people's unattended wet clothes from dryers.

I worked at a laundromat-arcade on Packard. It was my job to pull people's unattended wet clothes from dryers.

That sounds awful because I assume you had to deal with many angry people.

I meant the dorm floor dryers in my scenario.

Last edited:
That sounds awful because I assume you had to deal with many angry people.

I meant the dorm floor dryers in my scenario.

Signs were everywhere. I gave a 5-minute buffer to other customers. Confronting those who returned was not that difficult when I reminded them they left a packed room and ignored the signs and that I'd do the same for them.

The tricky part was removing women's clothing, but they were rare offenders.

I didn't know it was his clothing until he came into the TV lounge and asked, "Hey! Who pulled my clothes out of the dryer?!"

I kept quiet and let him do his thing.... lol

I didn't know it was his clothing until he came into the TV lounge and asked, "Hey! Who pulled my clothes out of the dryer?!"

I kept quiet and let him do his thing.... lol

So you turtled and watched?

Back