Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs OSU

No way in fucking hell you should blow a 20 point lead. This loss is fucking terrible!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Losing to a team that played Dakich that many minutes is all you need to know. We couldn't even take advantage of that mismatch :/

7 for freaking 16 from three in the first half .
1 for freaking 12 in the second half .

Another inept 28.6 percent from three .

Why wasn't Mathew or maar looking to drive?
Just a terrible loss.
The offense just sat around and did nothing the second half.

7 for freaking 16 from three in the first half .
1 for freaking 12 in the second half .

Another inept 28.6 percent from three .

Why wasn't Mathew or maar looking to drive?
Just a terrible loss.
The offense just sat around and did nothing the second half.
Yep. 19 points in the 2nd half.

Robinson was amazing again. 1/7 for three points. Thankfully he adds god awful defense to go with it. He's the homeless man's Stauskas.

Finally got 11 points from Simpson . Still freaking loss.

Our leaders .
Wagner 5-13
Maar 3-10
Mathews 2-9.
Robinson 1-7

Thanks guys ..

Last edited:
Pretty pathetic, wow. I watched a little until about the big run OSU went on that carried over to second half. This team should be fucking ashamed. Ohio St. fucking sucks and will probably have a losing record in Big10 play. This loss might mean something big later on.

If a player like Robinson clearly has nothing contribute, put a frosh in to get experience. You are hurting the team in the long run. Even someone who can play a little defense and can't score is better than waiting for Robinson to hit a 3.

Pretty pathetic, wow. I watched a little until about the big run OSU went on that carried over to second half. This team should be fucking ashamed. Ohio St. fucking sucks and will probably have a losing record in Big10 play. This loss might mean something big later on.

Yup osu stinks and they still have no issue beating Michigan down 20. I'm so tired of soft Michigan teams.

If a player like Robinson clearly has nothing contribute, put a frosh in to get experience. You are hurting the team in the long run. Even someone who can play a little defense and can't score is better than waiting for Robinson to hit a 3.

We all agree. He should be 6th or 7th man now.

Last edited:
19 points in the second half? Were all the shots from half-court?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 points in the second half? Were all the shots from half-court?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OSU successfully boxed us out - not only in the paint, but the whole perimeter.

they got some big guys. real big

We weren't hard to defend in the 2nd half. Standing around and waiting for someone to go one on one. Just god awful offense. OSU only had to guard four guys. They sagged off Simpson because he can only hit a three if every defender is 50 feet away from him. Even then, it's unlikely he makes it.

Thankfully, we kept Simpson in almost the entire 2nd half because Brooks committed one turnover. No way we could have used a PG who can shoot. Also, it was awesome that Poole got eight total minutes after putting up 19 on IU.

Last edited:
We weren't hard to defend in the 2nd half. Standing around and waiting for someone to go one on one. Just god awful offense. OSU only had to guard four guys. They sagged off Simpson because he can only hit a three if every defender is 50 feet away from him. Even then, it's unlikely he makes it.

Thankfully, we kept Simpson in almost the entire 2nd half because Brooks committed one turnover. No way we could have used a PG who can shoot. Also, it was awesome that Poole got eight total minutes after putting up 19 on IU.

His rotation made zero sense last night .
ZERO!

Maybe I'm blind. But I watch Brooks start, play really well, not turn it over, hit some shots, and then he's promptly yanked most of the game for Simpson, who literally offers nothing.

Maybe I'm blind. But I watch Brooks start, play really well, not turn it over, hit some shots, and then he's promptly yanked most of the game for Simpson, who literally offers nothing.

We got Simpson's best offensive game last night. That included him scoring only four points in the final 30 minutes of play. He made one shot and two FTs in that span. Look on the bright side, he had zero assists during that 30 minutes!

Last edited:
Back