Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Purdue, 1/9/18

Great game. Too bad someone had to lose. Michigan just dug too big a hole early.

You'd think this game was @ Purdue the way that was called at the end.

Such a terrible job by the officials tonight but what's new when it comes to our games. They would never call that foul at Purdue if a Purdue player had stolen the ball. Just a awful ticky tack bullshit Call.

Last edited:
Maar, 3-9 Mathews 5-14, Wagner 5-11, and Robinson 1-4 all starters were just awful on offense tonight. Duncan needs to be benched. Livers needs to start over Robinson .

The stretch at the end of the half and last minute of the game killed us, and that was even before the refs fucked us. Out freaking rebounded Purdue 36-29 but 2 critical late misses by them were four easy points because of lack of boxing out.

Last edited:
If it takes you close to 10 minutes to review something, then you have no idea and need to leave the play alone. If that was at ANY other point in the game, they would not have changed that call.

What a joke.

One of the worst pieces of officiating to end the game. Mathias knocked the ball out of bounds plain and simple. Matthews right hand did not propel it out of bounds. That's how the fucking rule is supposed to be interpreted. We had the last possession stolen from us because the piece of shit officials spent 5 minutes reviewing a play that is never called the other way. Despite that, and not having indisputable evidence, those mouth breathers still overturned the ball and gave the game to Purdue.

Texts from my friends and family who went to Purdue:

"Wow. The refs sure know how to ruin a great ending."

"It's total crap."

"Refs ruin the ending to another one."

"Michigan should have had the last shot. Either they hit or we go to OT."

Those are the games that if you get a win, you'll get off the 8/9 line. Michigan's going to have to beat someone they aren't supposed to at this point. But I'm not sure they have many of those opportunities.

So I expect them to get to 21-22 wins with the games they are supposed to get and MAYBE be a 7 seed. But this was a huge missed opportunity.

Last edited:
We have now had two consecutive home games where the refs have put two of our best players on the bench with shitty calls. Matthews in the 1st half against Illinois and Wagner in the 2nd half against Purdue. I've never seen another team have its two stars get such bullshit calls made on them.

We have now had two consecutive home games where the refs have put two of our best players on the bench with shitty calls. Matthews in the 1st half against Illinois and Wagner in the 2nd half against Purdue. I've never seen another team have its two stars get such bullshit calls made on them.

Even though it was super early in the game, I think the call on Teske was one of the worst fouls I've ever seen. He handed the ball off on a screen and literally stood there. The Purdue guy went around him, was not a hint of contact, and they called a moving screen.

Even though it was super early in the game, I think the call on Teske was one of the worst fouls I've ever seen. He handed the ball off on a screen and literally stood there. The Purdue guy went around him, was not a hint of contact, and they called a moving screen.

I was hoping JB would get a tech on that. Atrocious call.

I will also say that I'm almost on Dakich's side of saying just end replay. It's become awful.

That out of bounds call is just ridiculous. They freeze fame it pixel by pixel to make the call. That completely ignores the spirit of the rule and eliminates the physics of the actual play. If you are holding onto the ball and I quickly slap it out of your hands, you will always be the last person to touch the ball unless it bounces off of me.

I needed a punching bag last night.

If it takes you close to 10 minutes to review something, then you have no idea and need to leave the play alone. If that was at ANY other point in the game, they would not have changed that call.

What a joke.

Matt Shepherd said on his show it was 7+ minutes. Yup a freaking joke .never overturned if it was reversed .

Fouls were 12 on Purdue and 9 on Michigan and of that 9 at least 3 or 4 were a joke but all in all the refs were swallowing their whistles last night and that last foul on Wagner was so ticky tack it's not funny.

Also on a coaching front. Way you beat Purdue and Haas is by running them out of the gym we are getting a lot of nice looks on the break. Plus Robinson only bucket was on the break. We need to run more ,

Last edited:
Normally I go all negative nancy, but I'm quite excited about this team going forward. They really got something with Livers and Poole, and there's a great class coming in. They could really, really compete for it all in a couple years. Not this year, probably not next, but that will be one of the best collections of talent since 2013-14.

Livers should start over Robinson . He was playing the best defense by any Michigan player last night. Very excited for him and Poole. I think Robinson should come off the bench until he finds his shot . Duncan could be Intant offense playing against the other teams second unit. This group should run more also not sure why we don't push more as our half court offense struggled all night yesterday,

Last edited:
The problem is that Duncan is not shooting that well. So when he's not hitting his three, he doesn't do anything well enough to warrant any time. Livers needs to absorb the majority of his minutes.

Back