Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How good is Larry Warford? He has his own highlight video from the Bears game.

Who would have ever thought that our O-line could be a strength this year? Granted, I know a lot of people hate Ravioli, but he's done a pretty decent job so far. Not a top Center in the league, but definitely improved.

Raiola is ranked 5th best in the league but his run block is still average. He's given up almost no pressure and has no penalties in 9 games. Impressive year for Raiola. At this rate I bring him back if he wants to continue playing this well at the league min which he took a pay cut remember. Warford and Sims next to him, help him a ton though.

No point in bringing Raiola back. Just grab a 3rd-4th round C or sign one during FA.

they'll let him stay as long as he wants to as long as his salary is reasonable and his play stays at a high level

they'll let him stay as long as he wants to as long as his salary is reasonable and his play stays at a high level

High level? He stinks year after year and suddenly he's playing at a high level..? If he looks better its because he has some nice guards next to him.

High level, lol.

High level? He stinks year after year and suddenly he's playing at a high level..? If he looks better its because he has some nice guards next to him.

High level, lol.

He is playing at a high level now. Pretty amazing what happens when we have good guys on either side of him. Getting rid of Peterman/Cherilus makes a huge difference. Who knows how much he was picking up because they sucked.

Raiola has consistently played at a high level but has suffered from the rotating door of shit on either side of him. This year he got bigger and the guys next to him are much better and it shows. He no longer gets himself out of position trying to help cover for his guards.

Read something earlier but dont remember where talking about warford. They said that basically he is already playing at a all pro or pro bowl level and he isnt even "NFL STRONG" yet. Saying he could be much stronger but that he has such good balance and leverage that he can make up for it.

Warford is a beast, he's going to be an All Pro and maybe several times. Just a fantastic pick that appears to be working out for us.

MAtthew Stafford took zero hits in the game against the Bears, zero! No hits on sacks, no runs, no hits on after he got rid of the ball, nothing. Not one single hit is remarkable.

Warford is a beast, he's going to be an All Pro and maybe several times. Just a fantastic pick that appears to be working out for us.

MAtthew Stafford took zero hits in the game against the Bears, zero! No hits on sacks, no runs, no hits on after he got rid of the ball, nothing. Not one single hit is remarkable.

I'm sure he ranks rather high on not getting hit list this season. With the good offensive play plus his quick release once he gets the ball..probably learned that after being injured early in his career.

That being said, blame it on the former rt side of the line all ya want. Our C is not worth keeping. Maybe the new guys are making him look better?

This kinda puts Marshall's comments in perspective. The Lions pressured Cutler on more than half his dropbacks. I don't have the hits stats in front of me but I'm thinking it was more than zero.

High level, lol.

You can't judge his current level of play on the way he played in prior seasons. You say that if he is playing at a high level it is only because of the guards next to him but who is to say that he only played poorly in the past for the same reason? The only thing to go off of is his current production and right now he is playing at a high level.

Crayola put a bunch of weight on this past off season, he's no longer getting blown back off the ball. Why he didn't do that years ago I have no idea.

Because he feared for his job. Really though, nobody for sure knows the reason for his meteoric rise, but the numbers don't lie, he is having a stellar season.

You can't judge his current level of play on the way he played in prior seasons. You say that if he is playing at a high level it is only because of the guards next to him but who is to say that he only played poorly in the past for the same reason? The only thing to go off of is his current production and right now he is playing at a high level.

Crayola is playing better for sure....but i have to think sims and warlord next to him do make things much easier. Peterman was a scrub. It seems pretty obvious to me peterman accentuated cryolas flaws and warlord helps cover them up.

Of course it makes it easier for him. Was it the previous shitty guards or Crayola. Probably a little bit of both but nonetheless, I rather not have him.

Raiola makes the line calls for the line. He's helping Warford and Waddle a ton. He's worth bringing back if he can keep this play up. Especially since he's proven to play around the minimum and well in pass pro and penalty free.

Back