Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hurricane Hillary

tinselwolverine

Not former president Clinton?s wife and former Democratic candidate and later nominee, but a literal hurricane.

First hurricane projected to hit the Southern California landmass since 1939.

That was the year of The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind.

I?m not expecting that again?but maybe bring the strike to an end?

First in 84 years - obviously, it's due to climate change. We need $14T to stop it - get out your checkbook!

First in 84 years - obviously, it's due to climate change. We need $14T to stop it - get out your checkbook!

Don?t forget you also gotta write a check to pay for my student loan that Joe Biden is forgiving.
Man, I hope that Wicked will be at least half as good as the movie from 84 years ago that it?s attached to.

Cynthia Erivo has been great in everything I?ve seen her in? but?don?t know?I think i would have gone with Anna Kendrick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NiImv...jaGVub3dpdGggYW5uYSBrZW5kcmljayBmb3IgZ29vZA==

I hear Idina seriously thinks she should have the role?girl?let it go.

I knew you wouldn?t miss the checkbook reference. I plan to get a lot of mileage out of that one.

I don?t recall who played the main characters when I saw Wicked on Broadway way back when but Idina? Get real, I?d give it to Johnny Menzel before her! "Let it go" is right. She should milk that like I'm gonna milk the checkbook joke.

I agree on Anna Kendrick - I?m a fan.

Last edited:
Not former president Clinton?s wife and former Democratic candidate and later nominee, but a literal hurricane.

First hurricane projected to hit the Southern California landmass since 1939.

That was the year of The Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind.

I?m not expecting that again?but maybe bring the strike to an end?

Looks like LA is on the outside of the cone; you should be fine, although flooding from the rains hitting dry desert climates that don't get a lot of rain is a possibility, but I think you're on the outside of those as well, depending on how the desert drains... due south to the Colorado River, I think.

Looks like LA is on the outside of the cone; you should be fine, although flooding from the rains hitting dry desert climates that don't get a lot of rain is a possibility, but I think you're on the outside of those as well, depending on how the desert drains... due south to the Colorado River, I think.

He should still have his checkbook ready - just in case, right?

and possibly an umbrella.

He should still have his checkbook ready - just in case, right?

and possibly an umbrella.

VNw6TysPyJfCk7ufrUB2ii.gif

I knew you wouldn?t miss the checkbook reference. I plan to get a lot of mileage out of that one.

I don?t recall who played the main characters when I saw Wicked on Broadway way back when but Idina? Get real, I?d give it to Johnny Menzel before her! "Let it go" is right. She should milk that like I'm gonna milk the checkbook joke.

I agree on Anna Kendrick - I?m a fan.

I know, right?

She?ll always be associated with Elphie like a handprint on the hearts of Wicked fans. That should be enough.

So Idina, Baby - take or leave it.

So for any baseball nerds paying attention?I?m pretty sure this is a historical event - the first time in history that three Southern California teams have adjusted their home schedules on account of a hurricane.

So there?s that.

The Babylon Bee reporting on the Hurricane?

Deaths caused by Hurricane Hillary to be labeled suicides.

Californians hoping hurricane will wash all poop off sidewalks.

Last edited:
;1089406 said:
The Babylon Bee reporting on the Hurricane?

Deaths caused by Hurricane Hillary to be labeled suicides.

Californians hoping hurricane will wash all poop off sidewalks.

Those are a little amusing.

Guys on the Tigers and MLB board love historical factoids so I think it?s safe to say this is the first time in MLB history a hurricane has prompted three West Coast teams to change their schedules.

Well?this is pretty cool.

On hurricane day, we also had an earthquake.

Whaddyagonna do?

Those are a little amusing.

Guys on the Tigers and MLB board love historical factoids so I think it?s safe to say this is the first time in MLB history a hurricane has prompted three West Coast teams to change their schedules.

First time in 84 years for sure but probably the first time ever.

First time in 84 years for sure but probably the first time ever.

There were no MLB teams on the West Coast then.

There were minor league teams on the West Coast.

I?m not finding how El Cordonazo effected baseball; it was late September; likely the minor league baseball season was over.

I see there's already some flooding in Thousand Palms. I didn't know where that was initially; I've heard of Thousand Oaks, but not Palms. Turns out it's east of Palm Springs which is one of those places people in California talk about going to from time to time.

It's "Hilary," and I expect that that spelling is intentional, even though it's the non-conventional use of the name.

It's "Hilary," and I expect that that spelling is intentional, even though it's the non-conventional use of the name.

Yes.

I presumed the I think more common spelling when I started the thread.

Two time Academy Award winner and one time karate kid Hilary Swank spells her name with just the one l - probably it was as her parents who decided that.

When I learned that I had used the wrong spelling I decided not to bother to correct it - I felt that would have been ostentatious.

Yes.

I presumed the I think more common spelling when I started the thread.

Two time Academy Award winner and one time karate kid Hilary Swank spells her name with just the one l - probably it was as her parents who decided that.

When I learned that I had used the wrong spelling I decided not to bother to correct it - I felt that would have been ostentatious.

I guess my obtuse point is that it SHOULD be H-I-L-L-A-R-Y and that's how I'm spelling it.

She was named after the guy who climbed Mt. Everest six years after she was born, after all. So there's that.

She'll probably also claim that she was named after this Hurricane, too.

Hilary makes landfall destroying over 30,000 emails?

Weak Hurricane Hilary?s performance blamed on Russian interference.

Back