Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

If Pistons get Al Horford

How so? Up until this past year where Horford suddenly developed a 3 point shot they were fairly similar players. Horford is definitely a better scorer than Monroe, especially in the mid range area, but Monroe is a better rebounder in my opinion, and they are about the same in terms of assists.

Dont get me wrong, I think Horford is a good/very good player, but I just dont think hes going to be worth the $20/mil per season some team is going to throw at him. Especially when hes already 30.

Just my opinion though. If the pistons sign him I wont throw a fit, I trust SVG so if he sees a use for him Im good with it.

Yes, SVG knows his offense and if he marks a guy as being able to play in it. Then he can lol.

If we are going all out on him I think we need to move one small contract for to offer a MAX deal. That being said Horford is a wayyyyy better defender and rebounder than Monroe is or will be.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Horford is giving much thought to going to Detroit. He'll be pursued by better teams.

Thunder and Pistons are the top two teams currently. And OKC will need to clear a ton of cap space to do it. If OKC gets rid of Ersan and Dion Waiters for nothing they would still need to cut 6 more million. Unless they can find a suitor for Enes Kanter and his max deal.

I wouldn't mind getting Horford. He makes us a better team. Kind of secretly hoping we somehow have a horrendous upcoming season though and end up in the lottery and then we can get Southfield's own Josh Jackson! This upcoming draft will be stacked at the top like it was for 2014 and 2015. Cleveland will be the class of the East for the next two years. Barring injuries, we aren't going to top them. Might as well try to get a superstar prospect. Next year is as good as any!

Yeah I hope he comes to detroit now. Try and keep the playoff momentum going.
But on the radio on the way home it felt like the thunder were leading going around the turn.

Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Pistons in the late 80's/early 90's was the first to pop in my head.

Also 2008, the Western Conference had like six 50 win teams or something. Maybe not historically great but certainly about as competitive as it gets.

IMO Lakers, Bulls, Celtics and Piston >> GS, SA, OKC and Cleveland..

Those teams all won multiple titles..

Last edited:
IMO Lakers, Bulls, Celtics and Piston >> GS, SA, OKC and Cleveland..

Those teams all won multiple titles..

The competition in the NBA today is almost at an all time low. So many trash teams, back in the 90s the bad teams still had some great players.

At this point I would have to think it's either Ryan Anderson or Jon Leuer.

If al horford were like 2 years younger i'd say do it. But at his current age and the fact he'd get a many year max contract i have to say no. You don't mess with the core of the team that is young and growing by putting a veteran who will take away from some of that growth. We need to let young guys like stanley, kcp, and dre take the reigns and develop to their greatest. Al is a good player who would fit us very well, but he doesn't seem to fit our core right now.

https://twitter.com/Al_Horford/status/749381033968099329

"Celtic Pride!!!!!! ������������������������������������"

Celtics got him.

Last edited:
At this point I would have to think it's either Ryan Anderson or Jon Leuer.

I was guessing Anderson. Good call on Leuer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16706689/jon-leuer-agrees-deal-detroit-pistons

Jon Leuer has agreed with the Detroit Pistons on a four-year, $42 million deal, agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN's Marc Stein.

Leuer spent the 2015-16 season with the Phoenix Suns and set career highs in points (8.5), rebounds (5.6) and assists (1.1) per game.

The five-year veteran has also played for the Bucks, Cavaliers and Grizzlies.

PG Jackson, Smith, Brown
SG KCP, Gbinije, Hilliard
SF Morris, Johnson, Bullock
PF Harris, Leuer, Ellenson
C Drummond, Baynes, Bairstow

But 42 million for s 8.5 pts and 5.6 board per year seems like alot .

I would have liked to have seen the Pistons get a good starter in free agency but it looks like they just added some bench players. Looks like another team that will be fighting for one of the last playoff spots.

I would have liked to have seen the Pistons get a good starter in free agency but it looks like they just added some bench players. Looks like another team that will be fighting for one of the last playoff spots.

They were very competitive when their starters were on the floor. They had the worst bench statistically in the NBA according to a few metrics. I think this will help them considerably.

They were very competitive when their starters were on the floor. They had the worst bench statistically in the NBA according to a few metrics. I think this will help them considerably.

what I meant was get a starter that is better than what they had which would move one of them to the bench. The starting unit may have been competitive but they weren't good.

The only way they are going to be good is if KCP or Johnson develop into all star caliber players.

Back