Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injury Tracker

Ansah missed another practice with the back and knee injury. He's been hurt most of the year. Can't catch a break on the Dline or Oline health this year

Ansah is getting the Calvin treatment when it comes to practice IMO...

Ansah is always hurt...maybe he's just one of those guys that's injury prone.

If I'm the Lions I certainly don't give him much when he becomes a FA. I'd probably just let him walk (if he's physically able)

I wouldn't give him more than the veteran minimum. He's a below average edge rusher this year.....you could replace him with a nobody and get similar production.

I wouldn't give him more than the veteran minimum. He's a below average edge rusher this year.....you could replace him with a nobody and get similar production.

It's frusturating watching him at times. He's the guy that almost gets there to the QB. You can see the talent that we've seen before but now he isn't finishing...

It's frusturating watching him at times. He's the guy that almost gets there to the QB. You can see the talent that we've seen before but now he isn't finishing...

A tick slower due to the knee

A tick slower due to the knee

Looks more than a tick slower imo. He's just and average every day de now, or worse. I respect the hell out of Quinn for not jumping the gun and resigning him

But he's not. Did you see the graphic on that Monday night game? He's only putting pressure on about 5.5% of the time. The average NFL DE is it about 8.5%. He's about 40% below the AVERAGE!

He's actually well below average this year. If you took out his three sack game he'd probably be one of the worst rated pass rushing DE's in the league. I like Ansah, but unless he can show something in these next eight games there's no way I'd want him back next year as anything more than a situational guy. League minimum. Otherwise, no interest.

But he's not. Did you see the graphic on that Monday night game? He's only putting pressure on about 5.5% of the time. The average NFL DE is it about 8.5%. He's about 40% below the AVERAGE!

He's actually well below average this year. If you took out his three sack game he'd probably be one of the worst rated pass rushing DE's in the league. I like Ansah, but unless he can show something in these next eight games there's no way I'd want him back next year as anything more than a situational guy. League minimum. Otherwise, no interest.

Oh, I agree with ya 100%. Let me put it like this. Forgive me if I can't explain it right but i'll try lol...
Right now, he reminds me of that kid that got undrafted but is working hard. Follow me? He's the DE that is always around the ball but doesn't quite make the play, he gets to the QB but just gets pushed out of the play accomplishing nothing but a tiny bit of pressure, he'll make a nice stop on a run every now and then while showing glimpses of athleticism. The kid that gets the attention of coaches and makes it difficult for an organization to let him go because they might have something. See what I'm saying??
Bottom line...Ansah can't be that guy. He needs to produce NOW. Not next year or the following. The time is NOW! He's a 1st rd pick that was a monster 3 years ago and it looked like he was on the brink of superstardom. I get the injuries, but how long can the Lions wait??? I don't want to see the guy leave either because when he does he'll probably become that 15+ sack guy again lol. The window is closing on this man. Time to produce, Ziggy.

I hope that helped lol.

Lang and Ansah missed the Brown game along with Ngata and Hyder of course. Reeves Mabin out for Lions. Decker back and played 70% of game. Greg Robinson to IR. Corey Robinson from IR all year returned and started at RG right away for Lang.

Joe Thomas out for Browns on IR. Kizer missed 2 big series in 4th with a rib injury. Corey Coleman on IR and Josh Gordon suspended. Jamie Collins injured early in 1st Quarter and now on IR for Browns with knee injury. Ibraham Campbell on IR at safety. Howard Wilson 4th Round CB on IR but was a backup

Lang and Ansah missed the Brown game along with Ngata and Hyder of course. Reeves Mabin out for Lions. Decker back and played 70% of game. Greg Robinson to IR. Corey Robinson from IR all year returned and started at RG right away for Lang.

Joe Thomas out for Browns on IR. Kizer missed 2 big series in 4th with a rib injury. Corey Coleman on IR and Josh Gordon suspended. Jamie Collins injured early in 1st Quarter and now on IR for Browns with knee injury. Ibraham Campbell on IR at safety. Howard Wilson 4th Round CB on IR but was a backup

Greg Robinson was released

Every single thing mentioned is a good thing here.....including DWash and Ziggy missing practice. I'd rather see Tabor than Hayden on Sunday, too.

How bad is Tabor? How has our 2nd rd pick not seen the field all year? I liked Tabor when we drafted him but clearly the coaching staff has choose not to use him if Hayden is seeing plenty of playing time.

How bad is Tabor? How has our 2nd rd pick not seen the field all year? I liked Tabor when we drafted him but clearly the coaching staff has choose not to use him if Hayden is seeing plenty of playing time.

I'm not convinced it's a talent issue as much as it might be a work ethic/playbook understanding issue.

Back