Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Interesting scenario for Cleve 4 KC 3 Final Susp!

LGRW_9

So I just noticed that this game will be completed starting tonight at 6:05 pm EDT, in Cleveland. Now this makes sense since the teams will then play their regularly-scheduled game after that. But it's interesting since the first 9.5 innings of this game were played in KC. I guess there's no other logical way to handle it, but for whatever it's worth, the Royals get screwed out of a half inning of home field advantage (or what I certainly hope is only a half inning).

I'm curious if the Royals can designate any 3 hitters to start the inning, or do they have to use what's available based on the original games actual lineup and can't used players who would normally not have been up yet. Eg. if the 6,7,8 hitters were due up, can't use whoever was 3,4,5 in the suspended game?

I'm curious if the Royals can designate any 3 hitters to start the inning, or do they have to use what's available based on the original games actual lineup and can't used players who would normally not have been up yet. Eg. if the 6,7,8 hitters were due up, can't use whoever was 3,4,5 in the suspended game?

Not sure on your specific question my guess would be they have to stick with the players that were still available to use in that game in the same due up batting order. however I have read that they can use call ups and I completely disagree with that, IMO they shouldn't be able to use call ups as this game is suspended from Aug 31st the day before call up's, They got that speedy f'er gore they can use to pinch run now if they get a guy on and this just isn't right IMO. well hopefully it's a quick 3 outs for cleveland and the Tigers can be 2 up with 7 to go. we'll find out later tonight.

Last edited:
It is still the 7 through 9 hitters..... Cleveland still should be a big favor to win up 2 runs..
At least I hope so :)

It is still the 7 through 9 hitters..... Cleveland still should be a big favor to win up 2 runs..
At least I hope so :)

Yes, due up are Moustakas, Kratz and Escobar, any available players on the bench are available to pinch hit or run, pitch, play the field etc..including sep call ups even though the game is a resumption from a game prior to Sep 1st.

I think it's fine the way it is. It is a rare situation, hypothetically say the 7-9 hitters went on the DL, they could be forced to use a pitcher to bat if the adjusted roster wasn't used.

No real difference than a postponed game, you use whoever is on your roster the day it is played.

Call ups and new players are fine. The other team gets the same advantage.

Still don't like it, of course exceptions could be allowed in case of any injuries between then and resumption but generally speaking if Gore for example wasn't on the team on Aug 31st he shouldn't be allowed to pinch run if they get a guy on is all I'm saying because it's a resumption of a game started before when he wasn't' on the roster. Likewise Cleveland shouldn't be allowed to use any pitchers or defensive replacements that weren't there before Sep 1st either. Hey it's just my opinion, if Gore is allowed to pinch run and KC comes back and wins because of his speed I'm going to be pissed. otherwise let's just get this damn thing over and be up 2 already! LOL..

Still don't like it, of course exceptions could be allowed in case of any injuries between then and resumption but generally speaking if Gore for example wasn't on the team on Aug 31st he shouldn't be allowed to pinch run if they get a guy on is all I'm saying because it's a resumption of a game started before when he wasn't' on the roster. Likewise Cleveland shouldn't be allowed to use any pitchers or defensive replacements that weren't there before Sep 1st either. Hey it's just my opinion, if Gore is allowed to pinch run and KC comes back and wins because of his speed I'm going to be pissed. otherwise let's just get this damn thing over and be up 2 already! LOL..

I hear you and can see your argument. On the other hand maybe the Indians have a reliever that wasn't able to go at the end of that game due to injury or repeated use and now they can use him....or any of their call ups. As long as both teams are going by the same rules I don't see the harm in it.

In a 1 run game I would be a lot more concerned about pinch runners than I am with a 2 run lead, it could still factor in but as long as the Indians pitcher doesn't completely poop himself pinch runners really shouldn't matter.

I don't understand why this game isn't being completed the day after the season ends, if necessary.

I don't understand why this game isn't being completed the day after the season ends, if necessary.

It could interfere with any possible tiebreaker games and / or the one game wild card game. This works out better.

I think KC is still treated as the home team, though. If they score 3, cleveland wont get to bat.

I think KC is still treated as the home team, though. If they score 3, cleveland wont get to bat.

correct

Two hours till Septober resumes!, hell the tigers could be anywhere from 3 up to back to even with KC by the time the night is over, that is a huge range of possibilities!

Last edited:
correct

Two hours till Septober resumes!, hell the tigers could be anywhere from 3 up to back to even with KC by the time the night is over, that is a huge range of possibilities!

Yes sir it is. Hopefully we can hit this scrub Bassitt tonight.

Bottom of the 10th you dimwit....(On mlb) He keeps saying the 9th...

leadoff single..

Back