Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jahvid Best Update

thundernlightning

Jahvid Best cleared to resume working out

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jahvid Best (concussions) has been cleared to resume working out, and is expected to participate in Lions OTAs.

Schefter's report comes 10 days after GM Martin Mayhew said the Lions were "just waiting to get some final (medical) work" done on Best before clearing him for the team's offseason program. Best remains a massive injury risk for fantasy players in dynasty leagues, but all signs are pointing toward him at least being healthy going into training camp.
Source: ESPN.com Mar 6 - 10:45 PM

obviously, one wrong hit and his brain is mush, but this report makes the running game less of a priority as far as FAs and draft goes this offseason. with a healthy best and leshoure, with a resigned kevin smith, we should be set as far as RB goes. maybe a late round pick, or UDFA on a bruiser type back, but i wouldnt expect any notable pickups or high draft picks used on RB

Update: Jahvid Best DEAD

tired of hearing so many meaningless Jahvid Best updates.

this is actually good news, cheeno, in that hes been medically cleared to resume working out. i agree though, kinda feels like the crosby situation

thundernlightning said:
this is actually good news, cheeno, in that hes been medically cleared to resume working out. i agree though, kinda feels like the crosby situation

Honestly no knock on your post. Constant updates out of our MASH unit have became annoying to me personally and the whole situation is downright depressing. Although the update on Leshoure splish-splashing water with his foot did make me crack a smile, so i guess it's not all bad.

cheeno said:
thundernlightning said:

Honestly no knock on your post. Constant updates out of our MASH unit have became annoying to me personally and the whole situation is downright depressing. Although the update on Leshoure splish-splashing water with his foot did make me crack a smile, so i guess it's not all bad.

I do hear ya, although I personally will be stoked if we can get a healthy Leshoure and Best in week 1. Hence the screenname and refusal to change thru the injuries. I feel they potentially make a great 1-2 tandem in the backfield, with leshoure getting the brunt of the carries and Best checking in on 3rd downs and screens, with the occasional draw to throw defenses off.

thundernlightning said:
cheeno said:

I do hear ya, although I personally will be stoked if we can get a healthy Leshoure and Best in week 1. Hence the screenname and refusal to change thru the injuries. I feel they potentially make a great 1-2 tandem in the backfield, with leshoure getting the brunt of the carries and Best checking in on 3rd downs and screens, with the occasional draw to throw defenses off.

Well that was how it was supposed to work in theory...in THEORY communism works...in THEORY.

Anyways I wish I could build up hope that they both will remain injury free and have long productive careers. But I can't at this point, hopefully I'm wrong though.

cheeno said:
thundernlightning said:

Well that was how it was supposed to work in theory...in THEORY communism works...in THEORY.

Anyways I wish I could build up hope that they both will remain injury free and have long productive careers. But I can't at this point, hopefully I'm wrong though.

in communist theory, karl marx never accounted for lack of morale and motivation fueled by no profit margins and an overwhelming presence of vodka keeping soviet farmers in bed til noon...sorry, not the politics board...

Best out week 3, misses 4 weeks and then out week 9. LeShoure if healthy, 418 yards from scrimmage in 2012. At RB we're screwed.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Best out week 3, misses 4 weeks and then out week 9. LeShoure if healthy, 418 yards from scrimmage in 2012. At RB we're screwed.

I love the optimism! Stafford stayed healthy this year. I think our best bet for a healthy RB is LeShoure and if LeShoure is getting some touches then Best is not getting as much wear and tear so hopefully we will be good! Fingers crossed!!!

michiganmania said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Best out week 3, misses 4 weeks and then out week 9. LeShoure if healthy, 418 yards from scrimmage in 2012. At RB we're screwed.

I love the optimism! Stafford stayed healthy this year. I think our best bet for a healthy RB is LeShoure and if LeShoure is getting some touches then Best is not getting as much wear and tear so hopefully we will be good! Fingers crossed!!!

With Stafford there was no history of injury and relatively speaking his injury was minor and repairable. He also plays a position that is protected from impact (by his line and the league) rather than a position that by its nature requires contact. The other two guy's situations are completely different and the pessimism is warranted. We all want these guys to be great contributors to the Lions future success but there is a lot less chance of happening now.

cheeno said:
michiganmania said:

With Stafford there was no history of injury and relatively speaking his injury was minor and repairable. He also plays a position that is protected from impact (by his line and the league) rather than a position that by its nature requires contact. The other two guy's situations are completely different and the pessimism is warranted. We all want these guys to be great contributors to the Lions future success but there is a lot less chance of happening now.

I am well aware of all of that...I just choose to be optimistic. I am much more optimistic about LeShoure than Best...I do not think Best will be in the league much longer as he is most likely one flick to the head away right now...

michiganmania said:
cheeno said:

I am well aware of all of that...I just choose to be optimistic. I am much more optimistic about LeShoure than Best...I do not think Best will be in the league much longer as he is most likely one flick to the head away right now...

Interesting question. If you had to pick one right now to be 100% for the rest of his career who would you choose. Best or Leshoure. A lot of knowns/unknowns in there but I would take Best.

newton83 said:
I would take LeShoure. Best's head is just too fragile.

He said 100% for the rest of his career...I would have to take Best as well as he is a threat catching the ball out of the backfield and has shown big play ability. LeShoure could be better than best but we have no idea. I would have to think the offense is much more versatile with Best in the lineup though.

Its just so hard to come back from that injury. Someone mentioned its not as bad these days but its still bad. Best is one hit from being in the morgue. I'll be positive game 1, right now negative is the way it goes. Hopefully I'm wrong.

michiganmania said:
newton83 said:
I would take LeShoure. Best's head is just too fragile.

He said 100% for the rest of his career...I would have to take Best as well as he is a threat catching the ball out of the backfield and has shown big play ability. LeShoure could be better than best but we have no idea. I would have to think the offense is much more versatile with Best in the lineup though.

Oops, I misread that as asking who we predict has a better chance of being 100% healthy the rest of his career. Given that both remain healthy, I think Best has way more upside, both out of the backfield catching passes and as an elusive runner.

Even if they both were to hypothetically stay 100% Best isn't a 30 touch between the tackles guy so that comes into play. That's what I assumed you meant as fragility.

cheeno said:
michiganmania said:

Interesting question. If you had to pick one right now to be 100% for the rest of his career who would you choose. Best or Leshoure. A lot of knowns/unknowns in there but I would take Best.

Best without a doubt. Even though we haven't even see Leshoure in action, but we have seen what Best can do when healthy. He's a threat to go 6 everytime he touches the ball.

any yards out of Best is a bonus...I'm not counting on him even being on the team come Sept.

both guys should wear the QB red jersey during all practices

Back