Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Just read this on espn, Miggy maybe used different in 2013

bavarianinnman

The Detroit Tigers could change the way they use Miguel Cabrera in the field for 2013 -- he's an awful defender at the hot corner -- and search for a more viable third base option.

- Jason A. Churchill

Hmm im trying to think here, where else would we play miggy? 1st base is taken up Dh will be Vmart/Avila im guessing to keep Avila fresh behind plate.

We wouldnt think about using miggy in the outfield would we?

Plus i didnt think Miggy was to bad at 3rd.

Help me am I missing another option?

Last edited:
Awful defender?? Wasn't he like....6th in fielding percentage for third baseman in the majors this year? WTF?

He wasn't that bad at 3rd, good arm and got better as the season went on, I call BS

This was in espn rumor Mill, under the rumor of the whitesox buying out Youkilis.

I seen that little peice on detroit and miggy, and i was like wtf ok im am i missing something.

Miggy stays at 3rd. Where else would you put him? 1st base? No chance. OF? Nope. DH? Not with VMart back.

It'll be a race between Miggy and Prince to see who becomes the next DH after VMart is all done. For now, they stay in their respected positions.

This is just more bullshit. I swear to god there is a Miggy smear campaign. The guy is a beast and the least of the Tigers worries. Fuck you Churchill and fuck you bspn.

I thought Miggy did a very commendable job this year. Much past my expectations.

Miggy was not an awful 3B, and really theres nowhere to put him even if they did want to move him.. even when he was younger and smaller he played a better 3B than OF, and he doesnt move back to 1B until Prince moves to DH after VMart is gone.

if we wanna improve defense on that side of the field, all we need to do is get a shortstop with some fucking range. that will do a LOT to help, because miggy's huge weakness over there is his range. on the whole, he gobbles up everything he gets to and he has a very good arm. having peralta and miggy on the same side of the infield is just killing us. one of them needs to be gone next year, and it shouldnt be the guy who just won the triple crown.

in short: dont believe anything ESPN says. their rumor central is usually shit they just make up to make waves.

Last edited:
I like Peralta, as a person. Lol. But we need some defense over there that can hit .260 with an occasional home run..

like ya'll said, he did a better job than what we expected,now if he could drop about 15 pounds over the off season it'd help.

there is no where else for miggy to play. ALthough Detroit's outfield defense in the corners couldn't get much worse than this season.

Thats the dumbest shit ever. So basically the espn "rumor mill", quotes bullshit trolls who just post stuff to stir the pot, without looking at stats or high/low lights. And people have to actually pay extra to see that shit?

Miggy was shaky for maybe a month at third when guys were trying to test him with bunts. They stopped that when they wound up screwing themselves more often than not.

Last 2/3 of the season he was pretty dang solid over there.

Like everyone said, complete BS. Miggy was not bad at 3rd and he does have a killer arm. Sure I would prefer him to be our 1st baseman instead but that's absolutley not going to happen because Prince plays there. The only place for VMart is to DH. So when you add those 3 things up Miggy has to play 3rd base and Prince has to play 1st. Plus both of those guys hate to DH. No changes at 1st and 3rd for next year.

Back