Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kentucky Atheist Hero gets "IM GOD" license plate

Michchamp

link.

He had to take the state to federal court, but he prevailed. good for him.

He previously had an "IM GOD" license plate in Ohio, without incident (you can see that pic in the article). Presumably to spite Ohio's theocratic and absurd "One Nation Under God" slogan on their plates.

He looks like a cool guy, and I want to send him a congratulatory note. It says the KY ACLU and FFRF were involved; maybe I can send it to them on his behalf.

Man, Atheists are so great. best people on the planet!

oh man... this would've been a good entry for the "Today's Example of How Atheists Are So Awesome" thread.

oh man... this would've been a good entry for the "Today's Example of How Atheists Are So Awesome" thread.

There?s no reason not to post a link to this on that thread.

He?s not claiming to be God as the license plate reads.

He is instructing or advising other people to send a message to God on some form of digital media.

There?s a TV show on that supposed to be about something like that, but I?ve never seen it.

Bump. Judge ordered Kentucky to pay him $150K to cover his legal fees.

the good guys won. The Curmudgeonly old atheist got his license plate, and his lawyer(s) got paid.

link.

He had to take the state to federal court, but he prevailed. good for him.

He previously had an "IM GOD" license plate in Ohio, without incident (you can see that pic in the article). Presumably to spite Ohio's theocratic and absurd "One Nation Under God" slogan on their plates.

He looks like a cool guy, and I want to send him a congratulatory note. It says the KY ACLU and FFRF were involved; maybe I can send it to them on his behalf.

Man, Atheists are so great. best people on the planet!

this guy is a real hero. Is there anything more oppressive than a quote from the pledge of allegiance on your license plate? Hard to think of a better reason to clog up the courts than such a bold, groundbreaking case standing up to all them theocrats!

The only surprising thing about this is the fact that the other roughly 330mm people in America have no idea how much more liberated they are today than they were the day before this case was decided. He's a hero and other than his mom whose basement he probably lives in and a few people on DSF, nobody knows it.

Imagine how much more foolish this guy would have looked if he didn't win his legal fees - he spent $150k on a crusade only anti-religious bigoted idiots care about. Of course it's not at all surprising you think this is really cool and have dedicated a thread to it. "hey guys, look what this badass atheist did to stick it to the man! Take that theocrats! Fuck yeah!"

Last edited:
Here’s a cool story about KY and a vehicle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdoUY5IgrE

EDIT: Scroll down on this and there are pictures of the two passengers, it would appear they’re in lock up.

The farmer talked about the chick being in a bikini but she’s not super appealing here.

Last edited:
Tom is just jealous he didn't get that plate first

License plates are already a rip off. I just sent in $210 to the state for 3 new stickers. Paying even more for vanity plates that make you look like a D-bag doesn't make much sense to me.

License plates are already a rip off. I just sent in $210 to the state for 3 new stickers. Paying even more for vanity plates that make you look like a D-bag doesn't make much sense to me.

You got 3 tags for $210? What the fuck are you crying about then?

who's crying? just saying that I wouldn't pay any more for stupid ass vanity plates.

Sounded like you.

$210 for 3 tags is cheap. My renewals just came last week and my truck is $198 just by itself, plus my motorcycle is another $31

I don't see how it's a "rip off" as you stated at all, and if someone wanted to pony up the extra for custom or "vanity" plates, it's their money, I don't see how that makes them a "D-bag", but doesn't make you a crybaby. :shrug:

Sounded like you.

$210 for 3 tags is cheap. My renewals just came last week and my truck is $198 just by itself, plus my motorcycle is another $31

I don't see how it's a "rip off" as you stated at all, and if someone wanted to pony up the extra for custom or "vanity" plates, it's their money, I don't see how that makes them a "D-bag", but doesn't make you a crybaby. :shrug:

The state charges $70 for a passenger car tag every year so they can employ a bunch of fat, lazy fucks at the DMV. Why is it every year? It should be like a driver's license which is every 4 years or when the car is sold.

As far as vanity plates...sure, if somebody wants to pay extra for them, it's their money. It doesn't change my opinion. When I see a car with vanity plates my first thought is they are a D-bag. Just like grown men that wear jerseys.

The state charges $70 for a passenger car tag every year so they can employ a bunch of fat, lazy fucks at the DMV.

If this is what you really believe license tag fees are for, you are beyond help. :ashamed:

*I start pulling my "cars are bad, our transportation policy is a huge, corrupt subsidy - a boondoggle! - to the fossil fuel industry, unwittingly funded by consumers themselves, with all sorts of additional costs and negative externalities borne by taxpayers & car owners" soapbox out of the corner*

Tom... want me to "go there?"

*I start pulling my "cars are bad, our transportation policy is a huge, corrupt subsidy - a boondoggle! - to the fossil fuel industry, unwittingly funded by consumers themselves, with all sorts of additional costs and negative externalities borne by taxpayers & car owners" soapbox out of the corner*

Tom... want me to "go there?"

Actually, we might agree on some of those items. I would be up for increasing fuel taxes. Right now $0.57 per gallon goes towards state and federal taxes for roads. They should at least double that. I think it would entice people to buy more fuel efficient cars. I think the best way to pay for maintenance of roads are to tax the people that use them the most.

Actually, we might agree on some of those items. I would be up for increasing fuel taxes. Right now $0.57 per gallon goes towards state and federal taxes for roads. They should at least double that. I think it would entice people to buy more fuel efficient cars. I think the best way to pay for maintenance of roads are to tax the people that use them the most.

But you should also have public transit available, like in a normal civilized country, so people don't have to buy cars and drive if they don't want to.

There are very few places like that in most of America. Fuck, only like 4 or 5 cities have functional public transit (NYC, Chicago, DC, and maybe the Bay Area and Boston). Every where else you live in the country, you have to buy a car, and on top of that pay $1,000's to license it, maintain it and buy gas.

All to subsidize Exxon, Chevron, BP, GM, Ford, etc.

Back