Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kuznetsov 4 year IIHF Ban

I doubt Caps/NHL will do anything.

All he has to do is feint being remorseful and seeking 'help'.

Cocaine is not a "banned" substance, according to the NHLPA Drug Policy. Maybe they will insist Kutnezsov maintain his habit, lest his goal production suffer.

Cocaine is not a "banned" substance, according to the NHLPA Drug Policy. Maybe they will insist Kutnezsov maintain his habit, lest his goal production suffer.

The way it works in the NHL is:

They test for marijuana and cocaine but they have a threshold which must be exceeded for cocaine. Neither are explicitly banned under the CBA.

If players are convicted of a drug offence they must commit to NHL's substance abuse program. Likewise for drug tests with "dangerous doses" of cocaine in the system.

Stupid. Any cocaine, even smallest amount they should be banned for some time.

The way it works in the NHL is:

They test for marijuana and cocaine but they have a threshold which must be exceeded for cocaine. Neither are explicitly banned under the CBA.

If players are convicted of a drug offence they must commit to NHL's substance abuse program. Likewise for drug tests with "dangerous doses" of cocaine in the system.

Thanks. I wonder what the "dangerous-dose" threshold is. To me, it's the mere presence of the drug. IMO.

Stupid. Any cocaine, even smallest amount they should be banned for some time.

Players union negotiated this.

The reason IIHF threw the book at Kuzy is because cocaine is listed as a performance enhancing drug.

Back