Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lack of faith?

You should have had more faith in your grammar school teachers who tried to teach you how to use things like grammar, punctuation and sentence structure to clearly communicate a thought.

Like I care what you think about my grammar on this board. I have zero faith in a piece of shit President that has lied over 15,000+ Times since elected.

...Also, the people who do believe god will protect them from harm, like the snake handlers in Appalachia probably are going to their churches during this time.

See, I told you so...

Here's another one...

I don't know if these people actually thought God would protect them from getting sick - maybe they just thought going to church is so important it's worth the risk of getting sick.

Also, the people who do believe god will protect them from harm, like the snake handlers in Appalachia probably are going to their churches during this time.

Since I first quoted your post, I saw a movie about this, Them That Follow, with the cute young actress that plays the youngest daughter on Last Man Standing.

Freakin’ weird shit.

Last edited:
So...if you see a Popemobile with its bulletproof glass and you see a contradiction between your expectations of what faith means and the practice of a religious person taking precautions, how do you rectify that? When you see this contradictory behavior, is there no part of your reasoning that questions your assumptions?

Since I first quoted your post, I saw a movie about this, Them That Follow, with the cute young actress that plays the youngest daughter on Last Man Standing.

Freakin’ weird shit.

you should check out some documentaries about these whackos - when they get themselves all worked up into a frenzy and are dancing around with multiple rattlers in both hands. Needless to say it's mostly toothless rednecks as dumb as the day is long - not nearly as glamorous as this movie trailer portrays the practice of snake handling to be.

edit: when I finally got around to watching the trailer this morning, I was shocked to see on of my all time favorite comedians, former Purdue offensive lineman, Jim Gaffigan as part of the cast, along with one or two other faces I recognize but can't name or say where I've seen them before, but I definitely have. I may have to check this one out.

Last edited:
I’ve been going to Mass since Phase 2 of the “plan” to “open” my state. Worshipers of a different kind are on Phase 13, and attend the Protest-ant Church of Dissent. The rubrics are a bit odd, however.

God (The Annunaki) are sitting back laughing their asses off at their social experiment. The gave us 2000 years to farm up as much gold as they need to use as fuel. Now they will slowly kill us off. Their 2020 chalkboard:
Introduce Covid 19 Sars2 Corona blah blah blah
Have a bunch of police go crazy in multiple states at the same time
Re-Elect Trump
POOOF.....world explodes.

Back