Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Let me get this straight....

batcave76

The Angels sign Albert and CJ and we get Dotel and Lardo? How soon can I purchase my season tickets? :'(

kingofdetroit57 said:
We already have Miggy and JV for about half the price. We win.

Co-Sign.

Albert is at the age where he should start declining. His deal could be a debacle as early as 3-4 years. CJ is overrated.

batcave76 said:
The Angels sign Albert and CJ and we get Dotel and Lardo? How soon can I purchase my season tickets? :'(
\

your $400 for bleacher seat won't make a difference to Illitch....keep your money get that moustache waxed off the top of your Old lady's lip with it.

Im not up to date on free agency, is there anybody decent we could go after besides cespedes in free agency? Or is it looking like a trade situation to try to improve the team if we went that way?

EDIT- If we landed Cespedes, what happens to jackson? Great utility player? Move to corner? Trade in a package?

I'm thinking the Cuban guy plays left unless aj is traded. As far as players to get, most likely a trade will need to get done.

Yeah, if we sign Cespedes he'll be in one of the corner OF spots with Boesch patrolling the other.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm thinking the Cuban guy plays left unless aj is traded. As far as players to get, most likely a trade will need to get done.

We dont have Cuban guy...

Were "looking"...which usually means we'll let him sign with someone else.

I am thinking we had a very solid ball club in 2011 that won the division by 15 games.

Our bullpen faltered in the postseason and we have made a couple of moves to hopefully improve upon that. Gerald Laird has signed on to get Martinez a little healthier towards the end of the season.

And you can fawn over Pujols and Wilson all you want. We have Verlander and Cabrera, who are better than Wilson and Pujols.

Look at the players who played for the 2011 Tigers and are no longer in the organization:

Magglio Ordonez
Wilson Betemit
Casper Wells
Carlos Guillen
Scott Sizemore
Omir Santos
Brad Penny
Ryan Perry
Charlie Furbush
David Purcey
Brad Thomas
Enrique Gonzalez
Lester Oliveros
Chance Ruffin

Now look at the guys who were acquired during the 2011 season or after and are still in the organization:

Delmon Young
Gerald Laird
Doug Fister
Octavio Dotel
Collin Balester
David Pauley

I don't know how anyone can think that this team has gotten worse.

ihatebadenglish said:
I am thinking we had a very solid ball club in 2011 that won the division by 15 games.

Our bullpen faltered in the postseason and we have made a couple of moves to hopefully improve upon that. Gerald Laird has signed on to get Martinez a little healthier towards the end of the season.

And you can fawn over Pujols and Wilson all you want. We have Verlander and Cabrera, who are better than Wilson and Pujols.

Look at the players who played for the 2011 Tigers and are no longer in the organization:

Magglio Ordonez
Wilson Betemit
Casper Wells
Carlos Guillen
Scott Sizemore
Omir Santos
Brad Penny
Ryan Perry
Charlie Furbush
David Purcey
Brad Thomas
Enrique Gonzalez
Lester Oliveros
Chance Ruffin

Now look at the guys who were acquired during the 2011 season or after and are still in the organization:

Delmon Young
Gerald Laird
Doug Fister
Octavio Dotel
Collin Balester
David Pauley

Nobody has said the team got worse, hes clearly just disappointed we haven't made a splash yet. Id say our team hasnt gotten any better this offseason. We still have some problems that could use fixing.

jrange378 said:
ihatebadenglish said:

Magglio Ordonez
Wilson Betemit
Casper Wells
Carlos Guillen
Scott Sizemore
Omir Santos
Brad Penny
Ryan Perry
Charlie Furbush
David Purcey
Brad Thomas
Enrique Gonzalez
Lester Oliveros
Chance Ruffin

Delmon Young
Gerald Laird
Doug Fister
Octavio Dotel
Collin Balester
David Pauley

Nobody has said the team got worse, hes clearly just disappointed we haven't made a splash yet. Id say our team hasnt gotten any better this offseason. We still have some problems that could use fixing.

Unless a ton of injuries occur, you have to admit that the 2012 Tigers will be better than what the 2011 Tigers had on opening day. Do you remember who we had?

C Alex Avila
1B Miguel Cabrera
2B Will Rhymes
3B Brandon Inge
SS Jhonny Peralta
LF Brennan Boesch
CF Austin Jackson
RF Magglio Ordonez
DH Victor Martinez

IF Ramon Santiago
OF Casper Wells
UT Ryan Raburn
UT Don Kelly

SP Justin Verlander
SP Max Scherzer
SP Rick Porcello
SP Phil Coke
SP Brad Penny

CL Jose Valverde
SU Joaquin Benoit
RP Enrique Gonzalez
RP Ryan Perry
RP Dan Schlereth
RP Brad Thomas
RP Brayan Villarreal

I count 7 players that aren't even in the organization anymore and will be replaced by better or at least equal players. Then you have Phil Coke back in the 'pen where he belongs.

You assume Peralta hits as well, Avila hits as well, BB hits as well. On the other side, will AJ hit better, Cringe hit better (I doubt, which is almost impossible).

Can't expect JV to pitch as well, Fister was dynamite when he arrived here -- that will be hard to maintain. No way Valverde goes 49-49.

The rest of the junk will stay status quo. I don't see us winning more with our current squad.

You must not have caught where I said "this offseason", for someone whose name is I hate bad english, your comprehension of it is not good.

People relax! We will address everything still. Just because the meetings are over doesn't mean we are done dealing. Don't get too high on Cespedes, he has not done crap in the show. Even if we get him, chances are slim he makes the team out of spring with that long swing.

jdeb said:
People relax! We will address everything still. Just because the meetings are over doesn't mean we are done dealing. Don't get too high on Cespedes, he has not done crap in the show. Even if we get him, chances are slim he makes the team out of spring with that long swing.
Hope you're right JD. But from reports I've heard from credible reporters, DD is pretty much done w/any more moves this off season. Maybe he's blowing smoke up their asses. IDK. Maybe he's got some big plans yet.

I wouldn't believe reports about being done. And we do have a long way to go but I disagree with those who say we will win more than last year based on the players we have now. Too many things would need to happen. We barely were winning the division in August. The only difference is Fister. DY was nice but he's still nothing special.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You assume Peralta hits as well, Avila hits as well, BB hits as well. On the other side, will AJ hit better, Cringe hit better (I doubt, which is almost impossible).

Can't expect JV to pitch as well, Fister was dynamite when he arrived here -- that will be hard to maintain. No way Valverde goes 49-49.

The rest of the junk will stay status quo. I don't see us winning more with our current squad.

He doesn't have to.

Before Fister arrived the Tigers starters in his spot were 4-16, his improvement there alone will negate Verlanders inevitable fall off.

batcave76 said:
jdeb said:
Hope you're right JD. But from reports I've heard from credible reporters, DD is pretty much done w/any more moves this off season. Maybe he's blowing smoke up their asses. IDK. Maybe he's got some big plans yet.

no such thing in Detroit ya gimp.

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You assume Peralta hits as well, Avila hits as well, BB hits as well. On the other side, will AJ hit better, Cringe hit better (I doubt, which is almost impossible).

He doesn't have to.

Before Fister arrived the Tigers starters in his spot were 4-16, his improvement there alone will negate Verlanders inevitable fall off.

But he is a two now I would think. So I would look at that and I doubt our two was 4-16. You can't compare him against Coke or Penny. That spot will be filled by someone else.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:
He doesn't have to.

But he is a two now I would think. So I would look at that and I doubt our two was 4-16. You can't compare him against Coke or Penny. That spot will be filled by someone else.

Coke is exactly who you compare him to.

Verlander, Porcello, and Scherzer keep their spots.

He replaces Cokes spot, and then whoever else, whether Turner or some FA signing, will replace Penny's spot.

Back