Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lineup for Florida S. game

swami45

Top 5 have been announced by Ausmus

1- Kinsler
2- Hunter
3- Cabrera
4- Martinez
5- Jackson

He said he hasn`t made the bottom of the order official yet because a few starters are unknown as of now mut Castellanos and Iglesias will be in there somewhere

Top 5 have been announced by Ausmus

1- Kinsler
2- Hunter
3- Cabrera
4- Martinez
5- Jackson

He said he hasn`t made the bottom of the order official yet because a few starters are unknown as of now mut Castellanos and Iglesias will be in there somewhere

Rookie or not I'd put Canstellanos in front of Jackson.

I still wish he'd hit Miggy 4th & VMart 5th, but that looks like a pipe dream at this point.

I also like Jackson hitting in the 5 hole, it'll take some of pressure off of him atop of the lineup, but it could all depend on how Kinsler does in ST.

Last edited:
I still wish he'd hit Miggy 4th & VMart 5th, but that looks like a pipe dream at this point.

I'd actually prefer VMart 3rd, Miggy 4th. Get as many guys on base ahead of Miggy as possible.

1. Cabrera
2. Martinez
3. Avila
4. Castellanos
5. Jackson
6. Hunter
7. Dirks
8. Iglesias
9. Kinsler

So he gets walked in front of free swing Jackson? Not sure I'd like that..

I didn't say anything about Jackson 5th. I only said Vmart 3rd, Cabrera 4th. Nothing specific about the rest of the lineup at all, so potentially Jackson would only be 1 of 7 possible guys to hit 5th as I worded it.

Now there something Leyland did not try too often? Bat our strikeout king 5th.

Well he did bat Peralta and Avila after VMart last year and they had higher K rates than Jackson so it isnt that much different

I didn't say anything about Jackson 5th. I only said Vmart 3rd, Cabrera 4th. Nothing specific about the rest of the lineup at all, so potentially Jackson would only be 1 of 7 possible guys to hit 5th as I worded it.

Only thing you worry about that is if there isnt a consistant hitter behind Miggy. It will be like 2010 with Bosch batting 5th all over again.

I used him because post one says AJ fifth. I assume he would still bat that if Miguel moved from 3 to 4.

Only thing you worry about that is if there isnt a consistant hitter behind Miggy. It will be like 2010 with Bosch batting 5th all over again.

Cabrera in DET

2008 mostly 5th (Sheffield, Ordonez, Cabrera) .360 OBP in front, 6th = .770 OPS

2009 mostly 4th (Ordonez, Cabrera, Guillen) .351 OBP in front, 5th = .752 OPS

2010 4th (Ordonez, Cabrera, Boesch) .342 OBP in front, 5th = .781 OPS

2011 4th (Ordonez, Cabrera, Martinez) .317 OBP in front, 5th = .797 OPS

2012 3rd (Berry/Dirks/Boesch, Cabrera, Fielder) .313 OBP in front, 4th = .936 OPS

2013 3rd (Hunter, Cabrera, Fielder) .344 OBP in front, 4th = .789 OPS

Actually, Boesch did well behind Cabrera in 2010. It was Guillen in 2009 that has been the worst so far.

Cabrera in DET

2008 mostly 5th (Sheffield, Ordonez, Cabrera) .360 OBP in front, 6th = .770 OPS

2009 mostly 4th (Ordonez, Cabrera, Guillen) .351 OBP in front, 5th = .752 OPS

2010 4th (Ordonez, Cabrera, Boesch) .342 OBP in front, 5th = .781 OPS

2011 4th (Ordonez, Cabrera, Martinez) .317 OBP in front, 5th = .797 OPS

2012 3rd (Berry/Dirks/Boesch, Cabrera, Fielder) .313 OBP in front, 4th = .936 OPS

2013 3rd (Hunter, Cabrera, Fielder) .344 OBP in front, 4th = .789 OPS

Actually, Boesch did well behind Cabrera in 2010. It was Guillen in 2009 that has been the worst so far.

All I remember from that season is that Rays series where they had no respect for him. He hit .246 w/RISP and Cabrera was intentionally walked a career high 32 times.

All I remember from that season is that Rays series where they had no respect for him. He hit .246 w/RISP and Cabrera was intentionally walked a career high 32 times.

Maddon also said it didn't matter who was hitting behind Cabrera or even if the bases were loaded, no way he was letting Miggy swing the bat.

Plus I believe protection is largely a myth. Many people will claim the guys in front of Cabrera will see more fastballs because of him, and he will see more hit-able pitches because of who's behind him. I disagree.

Whether it's Martinez or Fielder Miggy is the best. Never let him beat you.

Last edited:
Back