Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions vs. Patriots Preseason Game 3 Thread August 25, 2017

That's not what I said. I said they looked like crap.. because, well.. they did. Meaningless game but nonetheless, crap. He mentions that's all about 'doom and gloom' and I mentioned if it was the other way he would be the first to fist pump about it.. If they did play great, I would have said they did. It's meaningless either way.. Need to read the context of the posts.

And that's why you're a fucking idiot. Fist pump over a preseason game that we won??? Sorry but that's your department...

And that's why you're a fucking idiot. Fist pump over a preseason game that we won??? Sorry but that's your department...

Nope. Because you've done it in the past. I get that I'm hard on the Detroit Lions. 60 years of mostly crap will do that.. But in the same way you paint a rose on piece of shit.

Nope. Because you've done it in the past. I get that I'm hard on the Detroit Lions. 60 years of mostly crap will do that.. But in the same way you paint a rose on piece of shit.

I don't care about preseason games lol. And if I did, it was years ago....

I don't care about preseason games lol. And if I did, it was years ago....

Who cares about preseason. Saying they played like shit just means they played like shit.. Nothing less nothing more. Nonetheless, my previous post is right on the money.

Who cares about preseason. Saying they played like shit just means they played like shit.. Nothing less nothing more. Nonetheless, my previous post is right on the money.

Nothing you say is on the money. Ever. True story:ashamed:...

I'm just going to believe the Lions starters would have come back and won 30-24 to avenge the Falcons

But they did show some signs of life against Brady and some of the first string defense.

And now apparently Rudock has some trade value after a good game.

Also Ansah and Ebron and Decker were missing. some big guns there

Looks like Whitehead avoided major injury but Jordan Hill to IR. That sucks. He looked like a solid pass rusher. Let the Jeremiah Ledbetter era begin as 4th DT

But they did show some signs of life against Brady and some of the first string defense.
Not Really....

And now apparently Rudock has some trade value after a good game.
Not Really...and why would we want to trade someone as soon as we finally found some reliable depth?

Also Ansah and Ebron and Decker were missing. some big guns there
Weird..

Looks like Whitehead avoided major injury but Jordan Hill to IR. That sucks. He looked like a solid pass rusher. Let the Jeremiah Ledbetter era begin as 4th DT
Jordan Hill was never a solid pass rusher. The Ledbetter era begin as the 4th DT?....funniest shit i ever heard.

...my thoughts.

Last edited:
Yes really. Pats punted and Brady threw a pick
Yes really, plenty of Pats starters playing that first Lions TD Drive. Marvin Jones beat Malcolm Butler for the TD
What's weird? They are hurt and important players
Ledbetter is now the 4th DT. Hill was rushing well if you paid attention to this camp, pre-season and his career when healthy

My thoughts. You need to pay attention more

Ebron is a good receiver. PFF downgrades him due to run blocking (not pass blocking). I don't care much about his blocking because of Fells.

He's a top 10 TE. As I showed, there are many many bad blocking tight ends. The ones that are good receivers are usually worse blockers with some exceptions (I named five good blockers on the list)

And not factoring in the injury to Abdullah is just silly.

It's easier to block for some running backs. Easier to block for Barry Sanders over Zach Zenner. Yes or No?

Last edited:
Yes really. Pats punted and Brady threw a pick
Yes really, plenty of Pats starters playing that first Lions TD Drive. Marvin Jones beat Malcolm Butler for the TD
What's weird? They are hurt and important players
Ledbetter is now the 4th DT. Hill was rushing well if you paid attention to this camp, pre-season and his career when healthy

My thoughts. You need to pay attention more

24-7 at halftime. They did show signs....signs they sucked

Weird is sarcastic for: ofcourse they are hurt....they are always fucking hurt. Its sad i have to explain that to you.

Jordan Hill has 7 sacks in 4 years...welcome to the Ledbetter era! bwahahaha...

And not factoring in the injury to Abdullah is just silly.

It's easier to block for some running backs. Easier to block for Barry Sanders over Zach Zenner. Yes or No?

absolutely not. Its much easier to block for a straight ahead runner like zenner. You have your assignment and you need to execute. Ebron has shown hes a bad blocker cause he consistently gets beat by his assignment.

8-8 and no playoffs because of the eighth tiebreaker: Best net points in conference games.

absolutely not. Its much easier to block for a straight ahead runner like zenner. You have your assignment and you need to execute. Ebron has shown hes a bad blocker cause he consistently gets beat by his assignment.

No. No it's not. Abdullah has speed to get the edge. Ebron has to block longer for Zenner to get to an edge. And Ebron has a tough angle if a guy always stays inside like Zenner

Lions run game is legit proven much better with Abdullah in there.

Last edited:
No. No it's not. Abdullah has speed to get the edge. Ebron has to block longer for Zenner to get to an edge. And Ebron has a tough angle if a guy always stays inside like Zenner

Lions run game is legit proven much better with Abdullah in there.

Do you understand how stupid you sound. If there difference in 40 time is like .3 and you relate that to the 5-7 yards it takes to get to the "edge"....youre talking about holding a block an extra like .1 seconds. Thats the dumbest shit i ever heard. It is absolutely WAY easier to block for a straight ahead runner. You call a play, you execute your block. Thats it...

Ebron cant block...

If its Zenners job to get to a certain hole and he cant in a timely manner....then he shouldnt be on the team.

Its very difficult to block for the abdullahs and Sanders' of the world that often run to a gap they arent supposed to.

Do you understand how stupid you sound. If there difference in 40 time is like .3 and you relate that to the 5-7 yards it takes to get to the "edge"....youre talking about holding a block an extra like .1 seconds. Thats the dumbest shit i ever heard. It is absolutely WAY easier to block for a straight ahead runner. You call a play, you execute your block. Thats it...

Ebron cant block...

If its Zenners job to get to a certain hole and he cant in a timely manner....then he shouldnt be on the team.

Its very difficult to block for the abdullahs and Sanders' of the world that often run to a gap they arent supposed to.

It's easier to block for the guy to get the edge. Slow backs take time. It does matter. Abdullah hits the right hole faster and makes guys miss in the hole

It's easier to block for the guy to get the edge. Slow backs take time. It does matter. Abdullah hits the right hole faster and makes guys miss in the hole

Which didn't help ebron block at all. And wouldn't help his blocking grade any. Good job attempting to make your stupid point.

Back